This topic contains 164 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thatotherguy94 thatotherguy94 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thatotherguy94
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Exhaust is now done and it got tuned yesterday, pretty happy to just be driving it again. Also put a leather handbrake grip and shift knob on but will probably get those re-trimmed soon along with a centre console to match the Senator/GTS style.

Dyno graph

Leather bits

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Great result mate, nice broad power curve too, will be lovely on the street.  Happy days!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Why was the power run done in 2nd?

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Why was the power run done in 2nd?

I honestly have no idea, I didn’t really care what power it made just wanted it tuned so I can drive it. Should it have been done in a different gear being auto?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Normally 4th. Gives a more accurate reading as its 1:1

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Took a pic today where I thought it looked decent, also had the exhaust fixed from where it was touching the body. Have decided ill probably get the gear knob and hand brake grip re-trimmed when I get a leather steering wheel done.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Normally 4th. Gives a more accurate reading as its 1:1

Isn’t it 3rd thats 1:1 and that they normally use on the dyno for autos and 4th for manuals?

Cars looking great mate. Time to put some miles on it!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

What ever is closest to 1:1. 4th is for manual vehicles.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

This was mine. Also has 2nd gear tractive effort. Not sure what gear he did the run in, didn’t think it was 2nd. That was still with the 3.08 gears too. I was like you though, wasn’t concerned about power. Just glad to have it tuned and being able to tune it.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Pretty sure there’s something to do with the tuners having to pay extra to get the tuning software to run the car out of second, I think they call it a pill?  I think if they are not going for some mental power run they leave it in 2nd so its cheaper.  Tractive effort is really just the torque produced at the rollers on the dyno by the wheels, which unlike power is effected by the gear ratio of the drive train, so what gear its in, also the diff ratio, wheel diameter etc all effect it.  That’s a really nice curve above Nick for a streeter, tractive effort is very flat, meaning doesn’t really matter what gear you are in if you stomp on it you will get a nice solid pull.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Dunno why,but I’m not a fan.

The engine isn’t loaded up like it would in 1:1.

Torque effects HP vice versa so it may be slightly out.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Pretty sure there’s something to do with the tuners having to pay extra to get the tuning software to run the car out of second, I think they call it a pill? I think if they are not going for some mental power run they leave it in 2nd so its cheaper. Tractive effort is really just the torque produced at the rollers on the dyno by the wheels, which unlike power is effected by the gear ratio of the drive train, so what gear its in, also the diff ratio, wheel diameter etc all effect it. That’s a really nice curve above Nick for a streeter, tractive effort is very flat, meaning doesn’t really matter what gear you are in if you stomp on it you will get a nice solid pull.

Never heard of that one Gary. Sounds odd that you have to pay extra to tune in different gears.

When I get my trans sorted I will see about getting on my mates dyno and see what it makes and if any different to what it did on Leons.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I think that’s right Nick, but I am not Mr Tuner though ;-)

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Depends on the operator and simulating engine load/engine acceleration as it effects the timing curve.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Over the last couple of weeks I have put some HDT headlight covers on, had a leather steering wheel re-trimmed and the handbrake grip and gear knob re-trimmed. Have bought a new heater core as the old one is now leaking and cant use my heaters without a strong smell of coolant. Have taken pretty much everything off or out of the car so the dash can be taken out next weekend.

Headlight covers, pic from SMASA meet on Saturday Night

Steering wheel

Handbrake and gear knob

Profile photo of Trglavcnik
    Trglavcnik
    Participant

Nice work, your interior ties together very well.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

--FB Build Page For H2O RAT--
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/H20-Rat-VN-BT1/1408724789391215

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Must agree the new leather looks very sleek  :nice:

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Nice work, your interior ties together very well. Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Must agree the new leather looks very sleek

Thanks, really happy with how it has turned out

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

I put a new heater core in my ss around a year ago because of leaky coolant on the floor just cut the old brass lines with a hacksaw then slid the old one out and put some hoses on with some hose clamps worked fine. I was told the air con needs to be depressurised for a proper install??? :scratch: but looking great has come a long way.  :good:

thatotherguy94
    Participant

I put a new heater core in my ss around a year ago because of leaky coolant on the floor just cut the old brass lines with a hacksaw then slid the old one out and put some hoses on with some hose clamps worked fine. I was told the air con needs to be depressurised for a proper install??? but looking great has come a long way.

Thanks, yeah the A/C has to be degassed to do it the proper way but, I still havent put gas in it because it was winter

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.