This topic contains 164 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thatotherguy94 thatotherguy94 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 161 through 165 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of someguy360
    someguy360
    Participant

If it’s any help with your cam choice mate I’ve just gone from a 268 to a 276 and it’s much much nicer. You get a little lope but it’s still very streetable on stock compression.

I wouldn’t go any higher than a 276 on stock comp.

I feel for you, I’ve munched a cam lobe before and it’s a shit feeling, but you’ll love the 276.

Profile photo of thatotherguy94
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Was the direction I was leaning towards, seems to be a lot of people happy with the 276

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Any new parts for this?

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Any new parts for this?

Have been collecting a few new parts thanks to sands vs plus some other people
    have purchased 3 new belt moulds and 2 new gutter moulds for when I eventually get around to respraying the car. If anyone has a new RH rear Calais belt mould I would be interested in purchasing. I would also be interested in another new LH front without a dent, but not urgent.

Have also purchased another cam (crane 276).

Since I have a few oil leaks I have also decided to pull the motor out and fix those. While the motor is out I will be respraying the engine bay to tidy it up. I plan on relocating the battery to the boot and moving the abs to where the battery was. Not going to get too crazy hiding everything, just want a neater engine bay.

Just slowly plugging away at it with no real deadline in mind. Would love to have it back on the road by summer but just taking it as it comes

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Small update, motor came out today. Was at this point 5 years ago today pulling the v6 out

Viewing 5 posts - 161 through 165 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.