This topic contains 164 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thatotherguy94 thatotherguy94 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Nice well i ended up pulling my air con out. Its never that hot down here in tassy normally its wind all the windows down. Ha ha. But in winter the windows fog up. :scratch: But for how oftern i run my car id rather not have it and things look neater in the bay without the big aircon bracket. I do have the full setup thought so maybe one day i might throw it back in. :good: .

Any plans for a cam kit or exhaust?? Keep up the good work.  :good:

Profile photo of thatotherguy94
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Nice well i ended up pulling my air con out. Its never that hot down here in tassy normally its wind all the windows down. Ha ha. But in winter the windows fog up. But for how oftern i run my car id rather not have it and things look neater in the bay without the big aircon bracket. I do have the full setup thought so maybe one day i might throw it back in. . Any plans for a cam kit or exhaust?? Keep up the good work.

Yeah I want to get the A/C regassed and working before summer, missed it last year when it didnt work.  :negative: Yeah windows fogging up was annoying but it didnt bother me too much as its not my daily. Its got a small cam in it now, just a 268, and exhaust is some extractors into a twin 2&1/2 into a single 3inch system on it, would love to put a supercharger on it one day but im happy with it for now

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Replaced the heater core over the weekend, defiantly needed replacing. Ended up cleaning out the heater box a bit and replaced the foam tape around some of the seals. Also cleaned everything I removed before putting it back into the car.

Dash out, this didnt take me long as ive done it a couple of times before

Heater box out

Old vs new heater core, can see a corner missing which pretty much crumbled as soon as I touched it

And heater box back in, ended up finishing the car off, just need to clean wipe over everything and its finished for now. While I had everything apart I also replaced a few of the dash pieces for better ones.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

That just looks like a truckload of fiddly work, bet your glad its done!

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Nice work. I should of cleaned the heater a bit too while i was in that situation but ohwell. She will be right. Ha ha. Looking great anyway vs acclaim.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

That just looks like a truckload of fiddly work, bet your glad its done!

Was so glad it was done when I finished, almost finished and went to test everything and had a few problems which just turned out to be a fuse thankfully

Nice work. I should of cleaned the heater a bit too while i was in that situation but ohwell. She will be right. Ha ha. Looking great anyway vs acclaim.

Thanks, yeah was a bit dirty in there plus I found the screw I dropped down the demister vents last time I had the dash out haha

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Ha ha. Is it just me or when you pull things out you end up with a heap of screws leftover???? Okay a heap was exaggerating but over the few times of doing things ive found bits and pieces and now pretty sure ive nearly got a jar full. Ha ha. That is from other cars too though. Ha ha. :yahoo:   :good:

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Ha ha. Is it just me or when you pull things out you end up with a heap of screws leftover???? Okay a heap was exaggerating but over the few times of doing things ive found bits and pieces and now pretty sure ive nearly got a jar full. Ha ha. That is from other cars too though. Ha ha.

Yeah always a couple left over, ive got a whole jar full of spares from a car I wrecked which comes in handy when I misplace screws

Profile photo of Hoopstar
    Hoopstar
    Participant

As much as I love pouring over big $$ builds, I have to admit I prefer these ‘nuts and bolts’ builds where the guy gets in there and does it all himself.

It inspires all off us and confirms we can all make our car our own.

Fantastic effort and work mate.  I love it..!!!

thatotherguy94
    Participant

As much as I love pouring over big $$ builds, I have to admit I prefer these ‘nuts and bolts’ builds where the guy gets in there and does it all himself. It inspires all off us and confirms we can all make our car our own. Fantastic effort and work mate. I love it..!!!

Thanks mate, is that your HR in the profile pic?

thatotherguy94
    Participant

drove to victor harbour a few weeks ago and cruised around up there with some friends, took a pic on the drive home, was a good day. Back looks high because the front was parked in a low spot…

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Nice looking car

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Got a bootlid and lip in the right colour, not prefect but it will do for now. Still need to put a holden badge on, will do that one day. Car was filthy from being a daily this week.

How did you work out the hole locations and seal it? did you end up having to do anything for access on the inside?

thatotherguy94
    Participant

How did you work out the hole locations and seal it? did you end up having to do anything for access on the inside?

Thanks, I actually just bought another boot lid with the lip already fitted and put that on the car

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Got some chrome inner and polished outer handles for this. I also repainted the outer surrounds as the originals were looking very average.

While I had the doors apart I also replaced the foam seals on the vents

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Are those foam seals for house doors??? Because i just did some at home before winter and pretty sure they were the same brand??? Also looks the same. Looking good though. :good:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Really gotta try and get us VR/S guys from SA on here to meet up some time…

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Are those foam seals for house doors??? Because i just did some at home before winter and pretty sure they were the same brand??? Also looks the same. Looking good though.

Yeah they are, seem to do the job well enough

Really gotta try and get us VR/S guys from SA on here to meet up some time…

Would be good to get a few nice ones together

Profile photo of Hoopstar
    Hoopstar
    Participant

Thanks mate, is that your HR in the profile pic?

It is :)

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Went on cruise for charity a couple of weeks ago, wasn’t a bad day just the location of the start point was a bit crap. Also noticed the roof lining has now started falling down so that needs to be fixed soon

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.