This topic contains 124 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi everyone,

I am part of a couple of other forums so some of you may recognise the car from one of them.

This is how it started.

Model: VR Executive

Year: 1993

Colour: Marenello Red

Engine Type: WAS: 3.8ltr V6, With S/C 6 Cold Air Intake And K&N Air filter NOW: 5ltr V8

Exhaust: WAS: 2.5 inch Exhaust With Stock Cat and Advanced Headers, Twin 2 1/4inch Tips NOW: High Temp Coated Pacemaker Extractors Into Twin 2.5inch Pipes With Twin Magnaflow Cats Into Single 3inch with Lukey Muffler and Lukey Resonator

Gearbox: WAS: Standard 4 speed Auto NOW: Rebuilt 4 speed auto with Shift Kit

Diff: WAS: Standard Single Spinner NOW: Rebuilt LSD With 3.73 Gears

Brakes: (FRONT) 328mm HSV Grange Disc With Twin Piston Calipers (REAR) – DBA Gold Cross Drilled and ventillated

Suspension: Legal Height With Pedders Springs All Around Front: Pedders Sports Ryder Shocks Rear: Big Bore Pedders Shock, Nolathane Strut Brace

Wheels: WAS: 17″ WH Statesman Internationals with polished face NOW: VS GTS Tri-Spokes

Interior: VS Clubsport Seats, Calais Interior Light, Calais Rear Map Lights, Series 3 Statesman Console, VS Leather Steering Wheel, Velour Sunvisors, Electric Windows, Calais Door Trims, Statesman Chrome Interior Handles, VY SS Pedals, Calais Woodgrain Dash Inserts, Fire Extinguisher And First Aid Kit

Other Mods: Respray, SS Driving lights, After Market Hornet Alarm, Debadged, Removed Boot Lock, Calais Carpet Peices Behind Rear Seat, SS Kit, S-Pac Spoiler, Calais Tailights, Calais Bumper Moulds, Chrome Exterior Door Handles With Painted Surrounds, Calais Chrome Window Moulds, Colour Coded Mirrors, Colour Coded VS S Pac Grilles or Chrome VS Calais Grilles And VY Side Indicators, Twin AU Thermo Fans, Walbro GSS342 In-Tank Fuel Pump In 80ltr Fuel Tank

Stereo: Pioneer DEH-P550MP Head unit, (Front) Pioneer TS-E1695 6″ 3 Ways, (REAR) Pioneer TS-81680S 6″ 4 ways, Cheap Audio Gods Amp, And Sony 12″ XLS 1220 Subwoofer in custom box mounted in boot.

Future Mods: Would Like A Whipple, Not That It Will Happen Anytime Soon

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before-Front

Rear-

After-Front

Rear-

On the car Front-

Rear-

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before:

After:

The List:-

Resprayed Standard Colour

Colour Coded Calais Bumper Moulds

Chrome Door Handles With Colour Coded Outers

Electric Windows With Door Trims To Suit

SS Kit

S Pac Spoiler

Shaved Boot Lock

Calais Window Surrounds

Calais Rear Taillights

Re-trimmed Roof Lining

VS Steering Wheel

Calais Carpet Pieces Behind Rear Seat

Debadged – Not one left!

Painted Mirrors

I think thats it so now for some pics.

Statesman console.

And got rid of the 3inch tip I had and put these ones on.

Before

After

Installed the VY indicators I had sitting around. Was gunna do them a while ago but didn’t want to glue them on. Found another way around it so they are now properly clipped in.

Also a little extra woodgrain from the VS Calais. Turned out better than I thought.

CLICK THE PICS TO ENLARGE.

WH Statesman International wheels with hand polished face.

HSV Grange 328mm Rotors With Twin Piston Calipers front brakes with braided lines through the whole car.

These fill the wheel up a bit more.

The Next Stage

Bought this wreck early this week and picked it up on Friday night. Thanks to the boys at Jaustech for helping get it on the trailer and letting me know they had it stashed at the back of their yard.

It’s a VR Berlina 5ltr. Only thing missing is diff and rear springs (like you couldn’t tell, lol).

Yes I will be selling parts off of it but once I start dismantling. Any you want except anything driveline related and electric windows, just ask.

Parts will be posted in the for sale thread eventually.

Where it lived for 4 years.

The beginning of the journey home.

The new home for while it gets dismantled.

Needed another K-Frame as you can see from the pics below the one in the car is damaged from the impact.

Thought I’d chuck on the dyno to see what the old 6 put out before ripping it out. Filter was really dirty too.

Blue= With Filter

Red= No Filter

Click to enlarge image.

The fun begins…………

Painted bay.

V8 K Frame In.

New Condenser.

Engine Ready To Go In.

Right Hand Side

Left Hand Side

Under Car

Engine bay

Coil And Module

</span>

Trans pan off. Looks pretty clean in there.

Trans Pan has a bit of crap but made sure to clean it out.

Radiator And Fans Fitted. Also Second hand but good condition overflow bottle. Brand new genuine is obsolete ex supplier. Hopefully Holden finds a new supplier or rare spares starts making them.

</span>

Got my polished Rocker Covers back. They came up really well.

The starter and heat shield

A modified VE V6 starter heat shield. Cheap and effective.

The old and new injectors.

Although a mate of mine used to work for the place that built the 5ltr sent some photos to me. I was told that it was rebuilt not long before the car got written off.

Thermo fan hook up.

Can just see the switch at the back of it. Put the relay in the box where the anti-theft relay goes and a fuse for it in the ABS fuse location. Looks factory using the spare locations for the relay and fuse.

Finally tuned.

New diff and panhard bar.

The new wheels are on.

Also got some leads made and bought some lead separators to help neaten up the engine bay.

Pics from C4C SA from A&C Images

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR.
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Wow you have put a lot of time and effort into it and has payed off, Looking sweet :)

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Nice stuff

I never knew this was once a 6

Good work

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Wow you have put a lot of time and effort into it and has payed off, Looking sweet :)

Thanks mate.

Nice stuff I never knew this was once a 6 Good work

Yeah it was once a 6cyl. Always wanted the V8 in it but did once contemplate a Super 6 for it. Can’t go past the sound of the aussie 8 though.

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

hey bud,looks sweet,what sort of fans & shroud did you use?get a manual behind it you’ll love it,3,9s up it’s bottom too.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

hey bud,looks sweet,what sort of fans & shroud did you use?get a manual behind it you’ll love it,3,9s up it’s bottom too.

I used the AU thermo fans. There is a How-To thread I put up here on fitment. The auto was rebuilt before the donor car was written off and has a pretty aggressive shift kit behind it too. I got 3.73’s in it and it has woken it up quite a bit. Happy to keep the auto at the moment but if something happens to the auto then I’ll look into a T56 conversion.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looks awesome in red, beautiful

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Looks awesome in red, beautiful

Thank you sir.

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

never new you did the interior on this.. Looks tops mate:D

Profile photo of VPGTS76
    VPGTS76
    Participant
    Supporter

Great work. I myself have done a V6 to V8 conversion and it is a lot of hardwork making it look mint…. :)

What brand leads / separator are you using?

Thanks

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

We have just got to organise an SA CommodoresPlus cruise when mines on the road :)

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

I’ll need some notice, lol. Needs rego and a bit of a check over first, but sounds good otherwise.

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

agreed, just give me a few months fir the vc:) spring cruise?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Spring Cruise sounds like a plan, maybe we try and organize something semi official. Will keep that idea in the back of my head and post up after winter to see how much interest we get :)

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

never new you did the interior on this.. Looks tops mate:D

Thanks mate. It was one of the first things I did on this.

Great work. I myself have done a V6 to V8 conversion and it is a lot of hardwork making it look mint…. :) What brand leads / separator are you using? Thanks

Thanks mate. I took my time with it, factory look with subtle differences. The leads I am using are Eagle and the lead separators are the same brand. They are custom made to length to suit the separators. I have keep a copy of the lengths needed of you wanted to go the same way.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter

Still love it…. So tidy it makes my head hurt

Profile photo of sv89#170
    sv89#170
    Participant

Such a neat rig I actually used one of your how to threads for the au thermo install on my sv89 loved your write up

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Still love it…. So tidy it makes my head hurt

Thanks mate. Your VT is a really neat looking car too.

Such a neat rig I actually used one of your how to threads for the au thermo install on my sv89 loved your write up

Cheers. Glad the write was useful and easy  to understand.

Profile photo of Piston 304
    Piston 304
    Participant

Getting some ideas for my 5l conversion.

Great job!

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Thanks mate.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.