This topic contains 164 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thatotherguy94 thatotherguy94 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thatotherguy94
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Wheel alignment done, just need to organise an exhaust, thermo fan and then ill get it tuned. Still have a heap of other things I want to do but they can wait until later.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Messed around with the timing today and set it to about 10 degrees and took it for a drive around the block, runs a lot better and doesn’t seem to want to stall when going from reverse to drive. Now it just stalls when you put it into park and wont idle when its first started without a little bit of throttle, but it runs better and idles better. Still needs to be tuned so will organise that very soon hopefully!

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Might be injectors too if it’s been sitting for a while. Mine didn’t like to idle and would stall when coming to a stop. Changed the injectors and it was fine, used to foul plugs too.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Might be injectors too if it’s been sitting for a while. Mine didn’t like to idle and would stall when coming to a stop. Changed the injectors and it was fine, used to foul plugs too.

Could be but I still think it could be related to the tune not being right for the that cam and other mods on the motor

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Mine doesn’t stall but comes close at idle, once started i have to give it a little bit of throttle, originally had the timing a bit more advance but it was reving at 1200-1500 rpm at idle

mines getting tuned this week, so fingers crossed it will all be sorted,

also….. had to rewire the thermo fan, it’s wired back like i had the previous fans (AU twin fans) which trigger off the A/C low speed fan via the computer. The FG fan is now wired to run high speed only, instead of the factory low and high speed which is how they are on the Fords, which is what i tried but was randomly blowing the low speed fuse.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Mine doesn’t stall but comes close at idle, once started i have to give it a little bit of throttle, originally had the timing a bit more advance but it was reving at 1200-1500 rpm at idle mines getting tuned this week, so fingers crossed it will all be sorted, also….. had to rewire the thermo fan, it’s wired back like i had the previous fans (AU twin fans) which trigger off the A/C low speed fan via the computer. The FG fan is now wired to run high speed only, instead of the factory low and high speed which is how they are on the Fords, which is what i tried but was randomly blowing the low speed fuse.

Mine idles really low when its in park, probably a little more then 500rpm, havent even looked at fitting the thermo yet, just been busy with other commitments.. Did you have to get tune done for the fan to turn on?

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah when it was tuned last time I had it set so the Computer triggers the fan. Also have a switch hooked up to turn it on when I want

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Yeah when it was tuned last time I had it set so the Computer triggers the fan. Also have a switch hooked up to turn it on when I want

Alright, will get that done as well when I get it tuned

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Got my updated rego papers today, this is now registered as a V8, just have to pay some more money tomorrow and thats all done!

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Picture a mate took at a meet last night

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Looks great. Love Botanica Mica. My first car was that colour, got a real soft spot for it. Digging those wheels too. They set it off nicely.  :yes:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Great stuff mate, well done :good:

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Great photo. Those wheels do look awesome on it.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Looks great. Love Botanica Mica. My first car was that colour, got a real soft spot for it. Digging those wheels too. They set it off nicely.

Yeah I really love this colour, really pops in the sun

Great stuff mate, well done

Great photo. Those wheels do look awesome on it.

Thanks guys

Profile photo of tom89
    tom89
    Participant

The paint looks great in that shot mate. Love what you’ve done with the car, awesome that it’s essentially a one owner car from within your family too.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Got a bootlid and lip in the right colour, not prefect but it will do for now. Still need to put a holden badge on, will do that one day. Car was filthy from being a daily this week.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Love those boot lips, looks great.  Hard to keep them clean in this weather, but cars are for driving not hiding :good:

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Love those boot lips, looks great. Hard to keep them clean in this weather, but cars are for driving not hiding

I agree, driving them is one of my favourite things to do

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Lip looks good ever considered color coding the centre garnish? Always noticed it seems to look better with the lip for some reason

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Lip looks good ever considered color coding the centre garnish? Always noticed it seems to look better with the lip for some reason

I have considered it, might paint one up when I get a chance, if I dont like it I can always swap it back. I am a fan of the current strip because it ties the tail lights together

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.