HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVN – VP – VR – VSVs Ute 383 Stroker in the build.

This topic contains 249 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giddo95 Giddo95 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Thought i would finally get around to putting some shots up of the ute at Summernats.

<span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”></span>

Profile photo of VS 355 UTE
    VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Very tidy ute.Well done.

VR to VS series are the best utes GMH made in my opinion.Body lines aren’t ruined with tacky add ons like the newer maloo’s.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Cheers it has come up well now just need to hunt for some more HP without killing the motor lol.

Im a huge fan of the vs i like my cars clean and without the tacky add on’s ( i have done the whitewalls but thats it ) as well.

You dont see many clean ute’s getting around much these days.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

We know my opinion on the VR VS. But they gotta be white hahah

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

We know my opinion on the VR VS. But they gotta be white hahah

<span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>Yeah i know you love em, trust me i was looking for a white ute for a while but no good examples ever came up.</span>

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

I have started collecting parts to setup an intercooler for the super charger.

I have looked at ways to neaten up the holes that i will need to drill each side of the bay to run the pipes.

I have come up with drilling a 3.25″ hole and then using a 3″ v band clamp flange to neaten the hole up.

Because im running 2.5″ pipe, it will have a 1/4″ gap inside the flange so that should leave plenty of room for movement.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Ok so im looking to clear some room under my front bar to mount a intercooler.

My question is can i remove the condenser fan and still keep my ac running properly?

I have a 18″ shrouded thermo on my radiator that i can adjust to come on at a temp that i set. Would this help out the ac when it pulls air in?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Ok so im looking to clear some room under my front bar to mount a intercooler. My question is can i remove the condenser fan and still keep my ac running properly? I have a 18″ shrouded thermo on my radiator that i can adjust to come on at a temp that i set. Would this help out the ac when it pulls air in?

Most modern cars just use a pressure sensor on the AC Line to turn on the engine fans..

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Ok so im looking to clear some room under my front bar to mount a intercooler. My question is can i remove the condenser fan and still keep my ac running properly? I have a 18″ shrouded thermo on my radiator that i can adjust to come on at a temp that i set. Would this help out the ac when it pulls air in?

Most modern cars just use a pressure sensor on the AC Line to turn on the engine fans..

I understand how they are turned on. What im trying to figure out is can i run my ac with only using my thermo fan?

Profile photo of

I understand how they are turned on. What im trying to figure out is can i run my ac with only using my thermo fan?

Sorry the point I was trying to make is if the fan has enough capacity there’s no reason why not, condensor fans are a hold over from when engines had a mechanical fan that would only just cover the engine on it’s own.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Great, thanks ij it will make it a lot easier removing the fan.

Profile photo of

If needs be you might have room to add a couple of slimline DC fans to the front of the IC if the main fan isn’t keeping up, one thing I’ve found is to have minimal gaps between each exchanger, they work much better as a gap promotes turbulence and stalls the airflow from front to back and this can cause issues in traffic.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Mate of mine has a 100mm PWR cooler running with all the factory fans,AC etc. what makes u think u need more room?

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Mate of mine has a 100mm PWR cooler running with all the factory fans,AC etc. what makes u think u need more room?

Im looking to set it back as far as i can without triming the front bar. Thats all im worried about.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey guys im in the process of getting a 90mm ls throttle body to go with my new manifold.

Just had 1 question can i use my TPS and IAC sensor from the vs v8 loom?

I dont see a problem just thought i would tap into the brains trust.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of HDN05L HDN05L.
    Profile photo of

Sorry do deviate a bit from the above, but I’m pretty interested to hear how the spray in tub liner goes? Is it slippery like a plastic liner? Was it expensive to get done? Want to do something like that on my ute.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

The kit cost me about $300 took a day of prep. Not slippery but its not an everyday car so im not really in the back that often.

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

The kit cost me about $300 took a day of prep. Not slippery but its not an everyday car so im not really in the back that often.

Lol a day of prep, how many beers you have ;) Give the ute tub a clean with a scrubbing brush the clean with prepsol and rub down with scotch bright. Then spray in, i used raptor liner, you can also tint it. And yes it is hard as fuck, its slightly slipery. If you go in my thread i think i have close up pics, you need zero skill to apply it just like sound deadener. :good:

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Any pics of shifter install, currently doing my one, was it very tricky doing it with 4l60e? Or instructions etc make it straight forward?

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of

Lol a day of prep, how many beers you have ;) Give the ute tub a clean with a scrubbing brush the clean with prepsol and rub down with scotch bright. Then spray in, i used raptor liner, you can also tint it. And yes it is hard as fuck, its slightly slipery. If you go in my thread i think i have close up pics, you need zero skill to apply it just like sound deadener.

Zero skill is good. $300 is good. And looking a shitload better than a plastic tub liner is also very good. Def adding this to the to do list. Looks great i both of your utes.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 251 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.