This topic contains 89 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LF24
    LF24
    Participant
    Supporter

VS Hydraulic Pedal Box on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1088392210

Profile photo of LF24
    LF24
    Participant
    Supporter

VS Hydraulic Pedal Box on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1088392210

Also you really can’t go wrong with a Ripshifter.  Never used Malwoods shifter but he does do quality work.

All I know is a button clutch and Ripshifter is just pure gear snappage!

I’ll grab some video on the weekend of how well they work if you like.

Profile photo of dave
    dave
    Participant

I used this radiator. Three core aluminium radiator, not sure of the brand. Was for a five litre and I moved inlet and outlet fittings in radiator tanks. Inlet on top left and V6 commodore hose fits perfect. Outlet lower right and used a generic 90 degree hose.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of dave dave.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of dave dave.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of LF24
    LF24
    Participant
    Supporter

Here’s a video of 1st-3rd.  I’m not slamming them as hard as possible as the top bolt holding the gear stick on was coming loose causing a bit of play and I didn’t want to stuff anything. All fixed now!

The best thing i like about the Ripshift is 2nd-3rd shifts.  3x 1.5hrs of happy laps slamming 2nd-3rd at 6200rpm and I’ve never missed!  Can’t say the same about my stock short shift in my Maloo, probably jammed the gate more than I’ve made it!

They are a very tight and direct shifter.

http://s247.photobucket.com/user/liquid_force24/media/DC6993D6-F246-40F2-9233-A90A60396D3C.mp4.html

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of LF24 LF24.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of LF24 LF24.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^lols at the air freshener thingo on the rear vision mirror having a spaz attack every time you change gear :yes:

Profile photo of vhman
    vhman
    Participant

Long time no update. so I thought I would share were I am up to.

Quite a bit of progress, had a tail shaft made and balanced, stayed with the two piece.

installed the long range fuel tank, pwr radiator,

just dropped off to the exhaust shop to get a system built. :-)

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Car looks neat, any plans for putting some wheels on it?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Just throwing it out there, a set of 8 & 10″ rims on those original centres and the car lowered and inch or so would be pure sleeper heaven…

Profile photo of rayray07
    rayray07
    Participant

Loving and following the build mate.

I am currently doing the same on my VK.

How did you setup/run the exhaust? Got pics?

:good:

Profile photo of vhman
    vhman
    Participant

Another Update,

Exhaust done looks nice and neat. Went 2 1/2 inch pipe with three mufflers and Cats. (which I have now been told I do not need as my car is 83 model) pipes are over the diff and nicely out of the way. A few things I will change down the track but overall happy for now.

Cheers rayray07, Any pic of how your conversion is going?

I am still undecided what type of rims I will get. I am quite liking the wolf in sheep clothing. especially as it will be my daily as soon as it is all engineered.

Profile photo of vhman
    vhman
    Participant

Had quite a long discussion with the engineer today, And very happy with his work so far. mostly all general things too look out for while building a car to make the final inspection easier.

Cheers VRSenator065 for the info on the power steering lines. He was happy with the braid also so I will be doing very simular.

Cooling system now all finished, PWR rad powder coated black (which wasn’t made to spec so had to be returned), Spal thermo fan, areoflow 360 degree swivel thermostat which made the hoses a lot easier to match up.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Such a nice build mate. Really well thought through. Even if you made up some widened std rims until you make up your mind, its a cheap option.

rayray07
    Participant

That exhaust looks nice mate, the rear muffler looks real tight.

My build has just kept escalating over the past year and it is currently on a rotisserie.

I’m going L98 and TR6060, VL turbo diff and I picked up a reco’d VL manual steering rack a couple days ago pretty cheap, I also have Scheel seats. It’s just going to be a SL sleeper. Hoping to have it all done by mid year and I might start a build thread as soon as all the body work is finished.<b></b><i></i><u></u>

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Agreed the rear muffler looks fairly close to the tank, but I guess unless you do surgery on the wheel well like I did you don’t have much of an option.  I used stick on heat proofing on the side of mine though just to try and keep as much heat away from the tank as possible.  But its a very neat job on the exhaust, looks great.

Profile photo of vhman
    vhman
    Participant

Profile photo of vhman
    vhman
    Participant

hey all,

Long time with no update so I thought I would share were I am up to.

I have clocked up 400km since swapping engine. and I cant be happier that I decided to do the conversion, its a whole new car to drive!

First few things to mention so far,

3.9 diff gears for this conversion I believe is prefect, so many people say its too high and just as many say its too low. but I find that it is a happy medium.

I decided to go the ultimate street shifter, still early days having only gone 400km, but its not how I expected it would feel. clunky would be the best way to describe it. Anyone else used it and have any thoughts?

anyway next on the To-Do list is engineering, mostly I am pretty sure it will go through easily, once I quite it down a lot.  hopefully pass in the new month or two.

rayray07
    Participant

Mate, looking real nice. I’ve also gone with an ultimate Street Shifter, I cant say much on it as my build is far from a road test. Interested to know what you think about 3.9 gears, im running 4.11. Love the build though, that sleeper look is mint. Let us know how you go with engineering.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Beautiful car :good:

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Very nice car. Looks like you’ve gone to a lot of effort. Love the sleeper look!

Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

Amazed I didn’t pick up some of the photo locations earlier being an ex local lol. The car has come along well. Very neat all over. Should be easy to quieten down.

3.9s seem to go well with a 6speed. Seems to use less fuel as well in the heavier Commodores on cruise.

The car sits right for the sleeper look ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.