This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

I like it, we all know it has body by Toyota, soul by Holden

Heart by Chevrolet  :XD:

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Any closer pics of the later model cluster fitted?

Profile photo of

Any closer pics of the later model cluster fitted?

Posted one a few pages back, it’s NOT pretty but then that wasn’t my aim, it “could be” if someone put some time and effort into making it so…

—————–

Today End!

Went down this morning and flashed my Config files in to suit the new Drivetrain combo, it took care of my mystery -31c IAT so I’m happy, spent the rest of the day installing the Cage Harnesses and Seats, had forgotten seat belt bolts for some bizarre reason are 7/16-20 UNF…. no nuts, rang one of club members that works at the local Auto Pro and he had some Hi-Tensile nuts in stock so quick trip in and I’m done for the day!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Shit that looks good, very nice.  Btw I agree, I reckon with some work making that new cluster work in there and look factory is very achievable…

Profile photo of

Shit that looks good, very nice. Btw I agree, I reckon with some work making that new cluster work in there and look factory is very achievable…

Yep just couldn’t be assed doing it given the end use for this thing…

It feels very “Safe” strapped into it!  B-)

Profile photo of

Shit that looks good, very nice. Btw I agree, I reckon with some work making that new cluster work in there and look factory is very achievable…

Thanks Gary!

Yep just couldn’t be assed doing it given the end use for this thing… It feels very “Safe” strapped into it!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

What we need on th forum is someone into 3D laser scanning, I can do the 3D CAD work.  Make up some sort of rapid prototyped adapter bezel, and masking plate that suits the VR dash and VZ cluster and bingo was his name O.

Not for you though IJ, coz racecar!!!

Profile photo of

Take a reasonable size printer to make it but yeah perfect application for it!

sands vs
    Participant

What we need on th forum is someone into 3D laser scanning, I can do the 3D CAD work. Make up some sort of rapid prototyped adapter bezel, and masking plate that suits the VR dash and VZ cluster and bingo was his name O. Not for you though IJ, coz racecar!!!

Heavy breathes… Do it :yes:

Thats what id do with the ls swap into a vs ..

Profile photo of

If you had a VZ and a VR Bezel you could easily cutNshut the 2 a bit of filler and some paint and it would be mint…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nah mate, thats so old school, give me a scanned 3D point cloud of both and I will design an adapter that fits perfectly :good:

sands vs
    Participant

Or maybe you could put the vz gauges and led into the vs cluster?

Sorry guys this is getting off topic

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Apologies for the thread hijack IJ!!  I have started a new thread about clusters etc.

http://www.commodoresplus.com.au/forums/topic/late-model-dash-cluster-ideas/

Profile photo of

LOL don’t stress, don’t think I’ve ever had a thread that didn’t wander from time to time!

———

Today!

Wiped a few more things off the Whiteboard, done the sprung corner weights, not brilliantly balanced but not a Lead Tipped arrow either, good news it’s 1553 Kg’s Wet ready to roll so only missed my target by 150 Kg’s, still better than the Tonner at 1800 so I’m happy, still have to do the unsprung weights so I can calculate the spring rates and get them ordered, found a much cheaper source for them so again Happy!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Wow  am actually surprised its so low.  I mean that’s full cage, AWD system, fabricated suspension, that’s bloody good, should go like shit off a shovel.

Also, is it just me or is there something very cool in a car build kind of way about a car sitting on a hoist like that :good:

sands vs
    Participant

Such an animal car… Where you sourcing springs from at a decent price looking at buying some for mine soon.

Mine are too harsh want to try work out what pound they are and get softer and maybe even progressive rate for my coilovers

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

Industrial Springs in Adelaide also make Automotive springs, If you know what you’re after.

Either from their catalogue or full custom if you can tell them the build specs you want. (length, dia, gauge, etc)

Profile photo of

Wow am actually surprised its so low. I mean that’s full cage, AWD system, fabricated suspension, that’s bloody good, should go like shit off a shovel. Also, is it just me or is there something very cool in a car build kind of way about a car sitting on a hoist like that

I’ve easily put 150 Kg’s of reinforcement into it so I would have been on my projected weight but it would have been a Tin Can..

Such an animal car… Where you sourcing springs from at a decent price looking at buying some for mine soon. Mine are too harsh want to try work out what pound they are and get softer and maybe even progressive rate for my coilovers

Place in NSW OtoMoto, have bought a bit of gear off them, last thing were the Coilover sleeves, good prices, $230 for 4x springs shipped, paid almost double that for the Kings…

Industrial Springs in Adelaide also make Automotive springs, If you know what you’re after. Either from their catalogue or full custom if you can tell them the build specs you want. (length, dia, gauge, etc)

Thanks Chris all sorted!

————-

Today End!

Ok done all the Calcs, I wasn’t far off the last time I just screwed the free length so no way was it ever going to sit any lower.. New springs ordered and paid for should be here early next week!

Checked the pinouts on the hazard switches, not even close to workable so I gutted the VR one and used it’s shell as a shim to hold the VZ one in place, not pretty but functional..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Ah good old Industrial Springs, its like going into the dim dark ages walking into the factory there, like a third world sweat shop :)

Profile photo of

Ah good old Industrial Springs, its like going into the dim dark ages walking into the factory there, like a third world sweat shop :)

Sounds like Browns springs here in VIC, Bell springs on the other hand are quite Modern but no longer do automotive stuff..

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.