This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Such an animal car… Where you sourcing springs from at a decent price looking at buying some for mine soon. Mine are too harsh want to try work out what pound they are and get softer and maybe even progressive rate for my coilovers

Place in NSW OtoMoto, have bought a bit of gear off them, last thing were the Coilover sleeves, good prices, $230 for 4x springs shipped, paid almost double that for the Kings…

Thank you kind sir I was going to get kings so this is great. And my experience with kings is that they sag and unevenly.

Hopefully they can supply progressive rate too

sands vs
    Participant

Industrial Springs in Adelaide also make Automotive springs, If you know what you’re after. Either from their catalogue or full custom if you can tell them the build specs you want. (length, dia, gauge, etc)

Cheers mate hadnt heard of them

IJ. wrote:Place in NSW OtoMoto, have bought a bit of gear off them, last thing were the Coilover sleeves, good prices, $230 for 4x springs shipped, paid almost double that for the Kings…

Thank you kind sir I was going to get kings so this is great. And my experience with kings is that they sag and unevenly. Hopefully they can supply progressive rate too

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Today End!

Went down this morning and filled all 3 Differentials then Bled the Brakes, also had to bore the holes in my helper spring spacers +1mm as they didn’t fit over the threaded adjusters..

That’s it until the new Springs arrive next week it’s “Done”

Profile photo of Mistikal
    Mistikal
    Participant

Awesome stuff.

While you’re waiting for the springs, should go down and start it, maybe even get some heat into the motor – this week of “down time” while waiting for the springs may never come again, and it could be the perfect opportunity to iron out niggles while it is still “stuck on the hoist” :)

Profile photo of

Awesome stuff. While you’re waiting for the springs, should go down and start it, maybe even get some heat into the motor – this week of “down time” while waiting for the springs may never come again, and it could be the perfect opportunity to iron out niggles while it is still “stuck on the hoist” :)

LOL nah I know the Motor is fine I pulled it out of the Tonner while it was running perfectly, ditto on the rest of the drivetrain, the only thing I thought might bite me in the ass was the Electronics but it wasn’t nearly as bad as expected..

Profile photo of

Anyone have any ideas for a Sunstrip to suit VR/S Commodores?

Thought it was going to be an easy find item but not winning… Cage means I lose the stock visors..

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Are you talking about a Sun Visor, like the one that goes across the top of the windscreen? If so you will probably have a hard time finding one they aren’t very common unfortunately…

Profile photo of

Are you talking about a Sun Visor, like the one that goes across the top of the windscreen? If so you will probably have a hard time finding one they aren’t very common unfortunately…

usually a strip of black vinyl, like used on race cars… Really thought they would be easier to find…

Profile photo of Surfwagon
    Surfwagon
    Participant
    Supporter

What about using a real dark strip of window tint across the top on the inside.

At least then you’ll still be able to see through it just.

Profile photo of

What about using a real dark strip of window tint across the top on the inside. At least then you’ll still be able to see through it just.

Yeah another mate just suggested that on FB… never done any tint before so fear of the unknown is high …  :XD:

Profile photo of

Decided to try some Matt Black Vinyl wrap, that way I can adjust the height if needed and it’s “cheap”!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

never done any tint before so fear of the unknown is high …

Lol, builds AWD race car including hand fabricated suspensions system but balks at applying window tint coz he hasn”t done it before :yes:

Profile photo of

never done any tint before so fear of the unknown is high …

Lol, builds AWD race car including hand fabricated suspensions system but balks at applying window tint coz he hasn”t done it before

LOL I’m good at what I do/know, don’t have a lot of brain capacity left to learn new things  :wacko:

Profile photo of

Today End!

When I first started building this thing it was to be a Budget build…. (lasted 5 minutes) So I bought a cheap pair of knock off AeroCatches for the bonnet… this bit me in the arse first cold day I tried to use them they failed..

I bought a Genuine pair and have just finished fitting them, MUCH better quality and made from FRP instead of plain ABS plastic.

Profile photo of

Today!

Spring has Sprung!

sands vs
    Participant

Did the spring helpers come from them as well?

Im using these guys for mine how did you find them to deal with and the product etc cheers

Profile photo of

Nah I bought the Helpers from England, good guys to deal with and quality looks good, time will tell.

Profile photo of

Today End!

Boing!

Pretty happy with how it’s sitting now, the rear will drop a bit more once the rear Coolers are in and full of fluids, over all it “should” settle 15>20mm, I have a tonne of Neg travel so all good.

sands vs
    Participant

Looks like an angry thing, how much are the wheels sitting out of the guards?

Profile photo of

Fronts are flush, rears are 40mm in, I left room for bigger road tyres on the rear and have worked out a size offset that will work with the AWD system.

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.