This topic contains 449 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 4 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 451 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Your donation is very much appreciated, and I assure you 100% goes for the forum, that’s what’s it’s all about :)

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Your donation is very much appreciated, and I assure you 100% goes for the forum, that’s what’s it’s all about :)

so that pic on FB of you with all the $20 notes and a tag saying
    Suckers I’m getting more parts isnt our money ??

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of vs manta 218 vs manta 218.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

so that pic on FB of you with all the $20 notes and a tag saying
    Suckers I’m getting more parts isnt our money ??

Lies, all lies ha ha :)

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Ok so still waiting for tune to fix the small issues of comin on and off the idle maps so violently and finish tune top end as had pump issues last time :-( kalmaker takes ages to get but am seriously considering goin LS ecu instead

So still just kicking back at a measly 430rwkw and 1100rwnm on 98 and NO mater meth yet

But I did give the engine bay a wipe over today

Profile photo of VH308
    VH308
    Participant

Looks sensational a true credit to you and those involved

Well done!

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

I have how ever finally got the next section of my zietronix data logging system

This little gadget does so much

This is the screens available on 1 style of lay out, I can click on any of the sensor read outs on any screen and put what ever I want so say the middle gauge I can click and put any sensor it has axcess to so EGT, AFR, intake temp, tps, rpm, boost, at the moment that what iv got connected

Any read out any where I can what ever I want there, there on that read out I can set any parameters I want to display a warning, so can set AFR above any rpm I choose and say higher then 12.8 and lower then 10 and it will display a big red flashing warning across the screen

If I run a LS ecu witch it’s looking more and more like I will it can read ever sensor, spark advance every thing from the ob2 cable

Can display error codes as they apear and give diagnostics to check from it’s information it has

I currently have wide band I. Drivers side and EGT in passenger side but if I get a second zt-2 I can have EGT and wide bands in both banks

I have a fuel pressure to connect up to witch I haven’t wired in yet and also have a fuel temp I can wire in to it

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

This is another bunch of screens available in other base formations so each formation has about 10 screens and there is 7 different formations

So here I have clicked on the EGT and can see it’s still in Faren height I can change that to Celsius and can see the sensors limits of what it can read and on the right I can set high and low warnings and I can set these warning for any sensor read out

Using the speed sensor of the car it can determin 1/4 times and so on but obviously only works if full traction is kept

Also have the water meth back in with the new serge tank, this will be used full time now comin on about 7-8 psi and progressive gets more till full flow by about 12 psi

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

And every thing can be logged on a sd card in the right hand side of it, you might be able to see I have cut out in it’s mount there to see all on lap top,

and on the screens with graph lines running across in real time I can scroll back through it and see it at any pacific point what all the read outs where

So say I go flat out through 1st 2nd and 3rd

Can go back and see in 2nd (as you can see the rpm go up and down, doesn’t say 2nd gear) can see at 5278 rpm it was #afr, #egt, #tps, # boost and so on with all sensor read outs

Also I have fitted yellow stuff brake pads to my Ksport 8 piston 356mm brakes and 4 piston 356mm rears

And also I got this

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Looks sensational a true credit to you and those involved

Well done!

cheers mate, was pretty much all me apart from Pavtek building the long engine and some company that’s now gone broke that I picked the t56 up from

brother in law did a lot of alloy welding for me but I did the fab work so big shout goes to Bruce my brother in law for his help

And my mate muzza that did external body work and painting it in exchange for my doin chippy work at his place so big thanks to him as well

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Ok so I’m over waiting for kalmaker ecu to turn up so as always iv jumped the gun and goin for option 2

I’m goin to run a LS1 ecu

Out come the wiring harness, I had to pull it apart a little to get the wire for my engine block temp back but I got it

Iv marked what I want shortened a little
    moved TPS to drivers side injector bank
    Moved all earths to rear of passenger head
    Added reverse lock out as LS ecu can control that
    Map sensor has been under dash but think I’ll run it under wipe cowl
    Goin to look if there is enough room to fit MSD under there as well

So with this I loss the ingition modual and Justan from ultimate wiring conversions is goin to supply me with a Bosch igniter so that will take the + low voltage ecu signal and convert it to a negitivly trigger wire to run MSD

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Why change computer? It’s already tuned?

would of gone a haltec before Ls pcm personally. Can get em plug and play these days

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

It’s tuned with tuner pro

My tuners left and is now in Melbourne

Idle map and fuel maps don’t line up and it’s violently as hell every time I touch the throttle, when it’s cold it stalls, when it’s hot it idles fine but can be a prick to start

It’s like the area between 2% and 10% throttle does not exist

Top end isnt finished as it had fuel issues last time

Basically it’s only good if I’m accelerating from 2000-5500rpm then as soon as I try and cruise it’s farked big time exspecially of I’m in 2nd doin 30km/h

It will nearly snap the car in half

Haven’t been happy for a long time with the car as this has never been fixed, just piss poor effort in getting it to run right and just tuned it as if it’s a drag car

iv been waiting for kalmaker ecu to turn up as I have a really good kalmaker tuner here that use to tune lots back in early 2000 and late 90s but didn’t continue in the LS turning seen and is still tuning 304 Holden’s on the side, he actually helped get it orgionaly started for it’s first fire up

Would not use haltech unless it was the new elite witch I have looked at

There is a good reason why motec m800 is $6000 and a haltech is $1500

If any I would use a microtec LT10 but that’s a full harness and ecu job and the LS ecu seams to work quite good as gm spent a lot of money designing it to be a good ecu

I have between now and tomorrow to make my decision on microtech lt10 and LS ecu

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Haltec will do everything u need an them some.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

I have no doubts the haltech will do all I need

LS will cost me 1200

Haltech will cost me about the same maybe a bit more

LS ecu runs obd2 witch links to my data logging kit witch gives me live faults if any ever occur and works well for me

If cost wasn’t a factor then I would have a motec m800 but cost is a factor

But currently I’m tossing up between my personal chooses of LT10 witch requires a harness and $1100 ecu witch will be $3000 and LS seams just a good possible better for $1200 for both harness and ecu

So for me the LS ecu wins

I don’t think a plug and play will be better then LS

Only haltech I would use would be a elite 2500 with twin wide band kit as that’s the other option iv looked at

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Are you sure an ECU swap will achieve what you want though Pete? Isn’t one of the issues that to run an injector big enough to support 800 or whatever you are making, down off idle you just dont get the control. I know from what I learned through emissions testing was modern injectors are way better in that regard, and even flow matched, but still. Then there’s the cam choice etc to again make 800, I mean at the end of the day you have an 800hp FI car, will it ever be tame at light throttle?

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yes i am sure

quite a few people have had there tunes fixed up from my ex tuner, not the power part its the drivability part

As soon as i told my mate that does the kalmaker thing what it was doin he knew straight away whats wrong with it, he said he has fixed quite a few recently all with similar issues since he has left

He said big cam and injectors you can still get it drive nicely, still got cam syndrome bit not what myns doin

When i first got my car goin it drove great, power was smooth and pleasant to drive now its fingered

It isnt just a little snappy its out right violent, that half the reason my axel snaped on half throttle

Its impossible to drive along at at 80km/h in 4th or anything less and let off the throttle and then apply a tad to keep cruising

You have to push the clutch in touch the throttle and release, other wise it just jerks violently

It is absolutly impossible to cruise at 40km/h or less in 1st or 2nd or 3rd, it will just start to hop violently

I know 2 cars with bigger cams and same size injectors, infact the exact same as the bosch ID1000 i have now and the siemens 60lbs i use to have and both have bigger cams and both drive fine

Infact 1 VS senator looks identical to myn i mean to a T identical and slightly bigger cam and same injectors making 960hp and drives fine

In netural it’s impossible to hold rpm at 1100-1500 rpm it just jumps to 1800 and let the throttle of as little as possible and of you hold that spot right on 2.5% throttle it just serges massively as it jumps on amd off the idel map to throttle map

Not just a little it jumps from 1000rpm to 1800 rpm and can hear something is wrong

If the kalmaker turned up we could have fixed it nicely with that but its just not comin, been waiting 2 months now and if i move away from here soon kalmaker is becoming more and more obsolete and harder to find people that can use it where the LS ecu you can find tuners just on a trip to the supermarket

Since iv learnt more about tunes i realised tunerpro is crap for my set up
    Kalmaker would work fine
    lS will work same but opens up the world for tuners

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Purely what the problem is that it hasn’t had the time spent on it to make it run right

It’s been quickly slapped together to run then ramped it up to have made power then handed back to me

It bearly spent 30 mins on dyno each time and that 3 times total

Great if I was on drag strip but crap every where else

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Here is fottage of it running when I first got the zietronix display on lap top

Can see about 2/3 way through I touch throttle and try hold it as low as possible and that’s about 1500rpm some one a bit more experienced might know what happening with the AFR but it’s eractic all over the place till throttle is stabed

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

How do I post a you tube clip ??

Link above doesn’t seam to work

Profile photo of Marzella
    Marzella
    Participant

Purely what the problem is that it hasn’t had the time spent on it to make it run right  

This. Too many tuners tune only for WOT heres your piece of paper thanks for coming. My tuner spent 3 hours on the dyno purely on cold start, driveability, light throttle cruising, decel etc.. Not that big injectors 80lb/hr but will still cold start without touching the throttle idle and drive around like stock. Thats on pump e85 turbo 355 which will see 700hp on full boost. All with a shitty plug in haltech platinum gm.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 451 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.