This topic contains 449 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 451 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

This car will do 10s all day long surely? Just take off in 2nd, or even 3rd, set of semi slicks….

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Iv been in a few low 11s cars and with out pissing in my own pocket they are clearly not as brutal in acceleration as this, the torque now is just ridiculous and it brakes traction at any speed you want

Breaking out at 100km/h in 3rd is done just by applying power, no clutching nothing just easing foot down to full throttle and at about 4700 it will just brake out and that’s with decent tread on it

But I didn’t built it for 1/4 times I carnt stress that enough

I think a auto, stall and slicks with a really good run would see it into the high 9s nearly but unless I go the t400 we will never know

Should get it to the track again soon anyway so we will see with the manual

I’ll see the 60foot time to see if 1st or 2nd is the go for launch

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Claydo was running 9’s with his in a VH. So significantly lighter.

Same motor that’s in his VNSS but cam in the 250’s. Your motor and his a VERY similar.

Will run a 10 all day every day with a stalled auto. Maybe 11.30’s – 70’s depending on driver as is it currently sits.

Getting it out of the hole is the hardest part.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

My money (with full slicks) as it sits now is on 10.9s. Time will tell :) Whatever its an all rounder, really you could do anything with this, especially if its caged. Wider rubber on the rear is about all you maybe want?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Claydo’s 9.8@141 3060lb

Showing 700HP on the Moroso, With a Glide

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah I think it comes down to how ballsy I get on the launch and 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd changes with ET Radials or slicks on

The biggest problem I have is I need 18s to fit over my brakes

What size MT radials can I fit on 18-8.5 rims??

And getting out of the line with the current tyres is a near impossible task

Yeah about 4-6 weeks I’ll have it out the track for a few passes

Profile photo of MANTA 185i
    MANTA 185i
    Participant
    • Kiama
    • VS HSV Manta 185i. A 600hp 383ci weapon wrapped in a stock shell.

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi Pete,

Cars sitting there atm. She is done now, maybe the wheels – but I am in no hurry. I am just winding up a 3 week holiday in the states with my family (I have a wife and two sons). For the money I could have made the top 60! lol – the price tags on rodeo drive are downright scary!

Anyway – Ill put up a build thread one day, but I am itching to get my ANDRA licence back and take her to the track. I know there is an easy 10 in her, I am just too soft to launch her off the line. I got the MT just sitting there, only used a couple of times. Believe it or not, I ran 11.4@121mph on 17″ street tyres. Scary pass, but true story. lol.

Actually – you could help me – could you or anyone else explain to me how you replaced our factory diff with a M80? What is this diff, how is it stronger and what car did it come from? I still have standard axles in mine along with the M78 standard diff with 3.9 gears.

Cheers.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Hi Pete, Cars sitting there atm. She is done now, maybe the wheels – but I am in no hurry. I am just winding up a 3 week holiday in the states with my family (I have a wife and two sons). For the money I could have made the top 60! lol – the price tags on rodeo drive are downright scary! Anyway – Ill put up a build thread one day, but I am itching to get my ANDRA licence back and take her to the track. I know there is an easy 10 in her, I am just too soft to launch her off the line. I got the MT just sitting there, only used a couple of times. Believe it or not, I ran 11.4@121mph on 17″ street tyres. Scary pass, but true story. lol. Actually – you could help me – could you or anyone else explain to me how you replaced our factory diff with a M80? What is this diff, how is it stronger and what car did it come from? I still have standard axles in mine along with the M78 standard diff with 3.9 gears. Cheers.

its a later model diff from VT series2 on wards. V8 and super6 vehicles.

Everything bolts directly in. You just have to shave down the pinion 2inchss so u can change the flange from donut to 4 bolt.

The gear set is much thicker and Stronger.. Best bet is you can run a eaton true track for about $500

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep M78 7.8″ crown wheel, M80 8.0″. In this case bigger is better/stronger.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah like cava said

Myn Is from a vz Ss

Then just get a gear set for m80 and a eaton centre for m80

Think the harrop covers are the same

Get a pinnion from a vp-vs IRS diff

All direct change over

Use the stubs axels from the m80 and a rebuild kit from m80

Myn total was $2grand

M80 from wreckers $150
    Gear set from eBay was a few hundred
    Rebuild kit was $200 or so
    Harrop cover and eaton are straight forward prices
    And I exchanged my old diff to mechanic for in exchange for building myn

The standard diff in your vs is a m78 so a 7.8 inch crown wheel and a m80 is a 8 inch crown wheel all up it’s just bigger gear set and all bit thick and all round just a little more stronger

Lots out there are running sub 10s using m80 and the next step up is either a harrop 10 bolt at $5grand or a G force starting at $5grand and more with a few options or a 9 inch from diff techniques in oz witch I would imagine would be $5grand as well

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi Pete,

Cars sitting there atm. She is done now, maybe the wheels – but I am in no hurry. I am just winding up a 3 week holiday in the states with my family (I have a wife and two sons). For the money I could have made the top 60! lol – the price tags on rodeo drive are downright scary!

Anyway – Ill put up a build thread one day, but I am itching to get my ANDRA licence back and take her to the track. I know there is an easy 10 in her, I am just too soft to launch her off the line. I got the MT just sitting there, only used a couple of times. Believe it or not, I ran 11.4@121mph on 17″ street tyres. Scary pass, but true story. lol.

Actually – you could help me – could you or anyone else explain to me how you replaced our factory diff with a M80? What is this diff, how is it stronger and what car did it come from? I still have standard axles in mine along with the M78 standard diff with 3.9 gears.

Cheers.

My old boy loves the states, he took a camaro up the west coast beginning of last year with my old girl and loved it

Iv never been there, iv been to Fiji, Vietnam and japan and all up the east coast of oz from Melbourne to cook town

Traveling with loved ones is the best thing in life and remember ever day like it was yesterday even years and years later

So how did your paint job come up ??

And yeah iv got a Mate with a similar cranky 355 like yours and he has managed a 9.8 at 143mph in a VR so I wreckin you would be able to as you already have low 11s done just a matter of slight tinkering and launch like you stole it witch is hard to bring your self to do

Profile photo of MANTA 185i
    MANTA 185i
    Participant
    • Kiama
    • VS HSV Manta 185i. A 600hp 383ci weapon wrapped in a stock shell.

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thanks for the reply guys. I have been fortunate to have done a lot of traveling and seen many sights of the world, but there is no place like home (although California is pretty awesome).

Paint job came up great – she looks like yours – only factory Botanica mica. Mine definitely does not have 143mph in it, if I get to high 120’s, I would be happy. I feel there is a 10.8@129mph in it or thereabouts. If I drop the stereo (which I only listen to sometimes when the car is parked) and take out the spare etc, I imagine it could maybe go faster. It is a sunday cruiser now. Shame we are all so geographically far apart. I get a thread started on mine soon. Enough thread hi-jacking, back to your beast.

Vids: driving vids – tune, dyno…

Cheers. :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Shame we are all so geographically far apart.

How true is that, defiantly in the back of my mind is a Commodores Plus cruise/get togther whatever. How good would that be. +1 for California too :)

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

It would be good

Does suck there is 3000km between some of us

I suggest a meet up point of the Stuart hi way

Or if that’s a little taunting towards the NT coppers and some think it may end in some arrest for Inappropriate use of the un speed limited hi way maybe just something like modball rally

And don’t worrie about hijacking my thread, iv got my build process on the front page, the rest will be just chatter

One day I’ll post the finish results after all my build details so it’s all on the first page apart from that anything goes here

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hopefully we will have a new feature very very soon on the forum which will make general chat easier and thread hijacks less common :).

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

How true is that, defiantly in the back of my mind is a Commodores Plus cruise/get together in, California!!! too :)

Fuck your a good bloke Gary ;)

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

How true is that, defiantly in the back of my mind is a Commodores Plus cruise/get together in, California!!! too :)

pretty sure he said something about his shout to ship our cars to California and do route66 then something about heading to Vagas I believe

You in Kroozer ??

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

pretty sure he said something about his shout to ship our cars to California and do route66 then something about heading to Vagas I believe You in Kroozer ??

Yer thats exactly what I heard aswell :P haha

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lol, I would have thought given all the good deeds I have done for the Commodore community your would pay for me :)

We could always get together two or three of us and go over and do drag week :)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Lol, I would have thought given all the good deeds I

have done for the Commodore community your would pay for me :)  We could always get together two or three of us and go over and do drag week :)

if gotta keep donating to this bloody site I won’t be able to afford it

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 451 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.