This topic contains 189 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VS 355 UTE VS 355 UTE 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VS 355 UTE
    VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Time for an update.Still working through making the intake/discharge ducting for the Vortech.Progress is slow but i thought i’d post up what’s been done so far.The process of making a mould from scratch,shaping,checking for fitment countless times  then glassing it soaks up a lot of hours but it’s starting to come together.

Some pics

Bypass valve will vent through the larger hole into filter housing,it’s half finished plaster at the moment.Still need to make the vent pipe to bypass valve.

Will post up more as i get further into it.Still shit loads to do.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of VS 355 UTE VS 355 UTE.
    Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

That is some epic pipe work work there man, well done

fibre glass sucks, Iv been working with it for weeks now doin body kit on Monaro

great stuff but it sucks to sand lol

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

What did you do with your alternator ??

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Nice work fitting that pipework under the bonnet. Looking great.  :good:

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

That is some epic pipe work work there man, well done fibre glass sucks, Iv been working with it for weeks now doin body kit on Monaro great stuff but it sucks to sand lol

Cheers mate.Yeh it’s fantastic to make complex shapes but as you said its a painful to sand.Covered in it by the time I’ve finished.Finish sanding with wet and dry is more enjoyable and comes up smooth as glass.

What did you do with your alternator ??

Alternator is in the standard position.Housing has been touched up in a couple of areas to give volute some clearance.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Nice work fitting that pipework under the bonnet. Looking great.

Thanks.I’ve tried to use as much room as possible for the ducts so it’s tight everywhere.The process of getting the ducts on and around each other is a tricky one,any bigger in certain areas and it wouldn’t work.

Had to take this section out of bonnet support to clear the blower to intake duct.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Agree with the guys above, that’s awesome work :good:

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Hi mate, I have a set of walky TTB to fit on my VS GTS. How did you get the bonnet to close without cutting a hole?

Haha its fits if you only cut reo and u dont need to cut much at all, i cut a really neat hole and didnt need to.

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Looks like it’s coming along really nicely. Great work! Not important, but what colour are you planning to paint to pipework?

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Looks like it’s coming along really nicely. Great work! Not important, but what colour are you planning to paint to pipework?

Thanks,just want to drive it lol.

Originally i wanted to lay carbon fibre over them and clear coat,would have looked great but i don’t know if i had the skill to make it look spot on,too many joins.Then thought i’d 3D print the carbon weave on,but it would always look like stickers, as good as it can be.So i have settled on getting it smooth as possible and getting it sprayed in 2 pack to match the body work…Panther Mica.

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

I notice you customised your radio surround with gauges, your colour code is same as mine i25? So obviously after inserting gauge mounts into it you had to repaint, where did you get the colours from to mix paint up as want to repaint some stuff in my ute

Profile photo of

Thanks,just want to drive it lol. Originally i wanted to lay carbon fibre over them and clear coat,would have looked great but i don’t know if i had the skill to make it look spot on,too many joins.Then thought i’d 3D print the carbon weave on,but it would always look like stickers, as good as it can be.So i have settled on getting it smooth as possible and getting it sprayed in 2 pack to match the body work…Panther Mica.

Nice it’s gunna look mint! :good:

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

No paint.Inserted gauges neatly into fascia.Used the wrong Araldite behind to strengthen and some small crack’s have appeared over the years since it was done. Don’t think i’ll bother to fix,it’s no show car and i’m getting old lol.

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

No stress i am trying to make interior mint as dont drive it much and vs parts getting hard to come by.

Pipe work looks mint, the air filter pipe looks like the camaro off the shelf one, nice work!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Slow355 Slow355.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Spot on about the spare parts,has been for years.

I know the Camaro intake,had a look at that while i was planning mine.Was good to see Vortech makes one much the same and still gets good power .

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Well,have finally finished the intake/discharge ducting for the blower.Happy to be moving on to other area’s that need to be finished.Need to drill and tap nozzles for w/m,iat sensor and some electrical issues before moving onto running line from tank to engine bay and wire up controller,solenoid etc.Also have to template for a blower bracket brace.

Have decided to try and improve the cooling of the blown 355 by ordering a custom PWR radiator.Existing 4 core B/C struggles in summer or on a twisty road.Hoping to get some more capacity as it’s grouted and extra efficiency with the 68mm core.Was never convinced there would be a big enough benefit for the cost but have to    try and get the temp down.

Some pics

Bypass valve is plumbed so it recirculates,don’t want any residual spray getting vented into engine bay.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of VS 355 UTE VS 355 UTE.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of VS 355 UTE VS 355 UTE.
    Profile photo of

Looks like it’s coming along very nicely.  :good:

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

:good: very nice mate

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

So you removed the washer resevoir and put your filter down there?? Ive noticed alot of marks workshop do the same thing. Thinking about doing it myself??

Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

I had my air filter mounted down there on my old vn Calais it seemed like the perfect spot for it and it will get cooler air down there than it would ever get under the bonnet, I had a groupA front bar on the old girl so I could fit the intercooler in a bit better and I also had a fan cooled trans cooler mounted behind the bumper on the opposite side to keep the heat away from the intercooler and radiator, it worked a treat too

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.