This topic contains 189 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VS 355 UTE VS 355 UTE 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VS 355 UTE
    VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Nice update Dave it will not be running out of fuel anytime soon thats for sure. That really shows how much the water/meth plays a huge part in cooling intake temps.

Cheers Eden.Fuel supply was was one of the easier items to sort out.

I think there may be room for a further drop in IAT’s as i calculated jet sizes on lower boost and power levels to what i ended up getting.Every psi of boost gained reduces the pressure at the nozzles by the same amount i.e. pump pressure is 150 psi -15 psi boost = 135 psi at the nozzle and less flow.Fuel flow was also more so IDC calc’s were also lower than they should have been.It never bogged down when the spray was introduced so i know i’m not spraying too much.

The first larger nozzle is about 330mm from IAT sensor,the second slightly smaller one is 210mm away.So what i don’t know is, has the full reaction of the mixture to the heated air been completed or is it still continuing to reduce temps after moving past sensor and into inlet manifold?Or…..has the mixture injected finished it’s capacity to reduce temps before sensor due to my calc’s being on the low side and would bigger jet’s yield better result’s?Water to Methanol ratio could also be adjusted as boiling points are different.Another few hours dyno time would be interesting.

Look forward to seeing how your system performs.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Nice power man what timing is it running up top end ?

Thank’s Manta.I’ll have to get back to you on that as i’m not sure.He did mention 13 degree’s but i can’t remember if that was before or after we reduced timing for the final safe tune.Matt has given me a USB with saved info from the tuning runs.Once i can work out a way to access the file i can confirm timing numbers for you.

You had asked me earlier in this thread on the result’s of the bypass valve being re circulated.No problems with the boost i’m seeing and is quiet which i like.

Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

Yeah I used to love the sound of my old calais with the v1 and twin 3″ system deep and menacing with a bit of a whistle to it, mean. It’s awesome seeing such good results from a w/m system especially if it’s not actually perfectly on song aswell

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

All electrical  tidied up and tray cover back in.Also changed oil again and checked filter.No nasties to be seen just the usual wear and tear after a good dyno rev.Oil level was a little low,will have to keep an eye on it.

Finished tray area with reservoir for W/M system.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

For the LS boys on here.

Mates 400 ci Maggie blown VF Ute with cam on E85 just made 830 rwhp.Very impressive.

My tuner also mentioned a VH he just tuned with a stock LSA with cam only made  750 rwhp on E85.This same bloke installs the LSA in Nissan patrols for customer’s and win’s traffic light duels towing a trailer lol.As much as i like old school V8’s,you can’t argue with those results.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Stock LSA. Cam only on e85 750rwhp???

Thats a super happy dyno.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

No happy dyno Cava,it actually has the opposite reputation of producing conservative numbers.

The problem is my reduced capacity to recollect the correct info from a quick conversation as i get older lol.

Confirmed by the tuner…695rwhp on 15 psi E85  224-228 cam, manual transmission.

Also found out today the VF Ute had a helping hand with a 75 shot of gas.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Lol was going to say.

The 15psi is also another BIG POWER adder.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

This ute just keeps getting better and better. Love how it’s turning out!  :nice:

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Thanks.The Vortech makes a huge difference.Worth all the effort in the end.

Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.