This topic contains 189 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VS 355 UTE VS 355 UTE 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No, actually I am not running the rear springs that came with the XYZ system, I have a set of Pedders adjustable springs in there so I could play around with ride height.  Actually feel of them is pretty good.  Mines sedan though…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of Surfwagon
    Surfwagon
    Participant
    Supporter

I love the understated tough ute look, great work.

Profile photo of VS 355 UTE
    VS 355 UTE
    Participant

No, actually I am not running the rear springs that came with the XYZ system, I have a set of Pedders adjustable springs in there so I could play around with ride height. Actually feel of them is pretty good. Mines sedan though…

After a phone call,front XYZ coilover spring rate is 500 lbs.

How do you find the senator handles a decent bump?Just interested to see if 700lbs is track only spring rate.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

I love the understated tough ute look, great work.

Thanks.Glad i resisted those V8 racing front bumpers when they were the rage back in the nineties lol.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well, gotta say I don’t really drive it over many huge bumps tbh.  But handling wise it’s  nice, most people who have been in it comment on how nice the ride is and ts not as firm as tey imagined it would be just driving around.  I wanted to keep the Senator feel rather than making it stiff race car like.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Well, gotta say I don’t really drive it over many huge bumps tbh. But handling wise it’s nice, most people who have been in it comment on how nice the ride is and ts not as firm as tey imagined it would be just driving around. I wanted to keep the Senator feel rather than making it stiff race car like.

Your roads in S.A. must be a lot better than the ones we have to drive up here in QLD lol.

Good to hear the ride is not harsh.Don’t like too much of that either,hence the questions.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No dramas with the questions buddy, that’s what forums are for  We have pretty awful roads too, but I admit I am a little picky about where I drive it.  I try to avoid anything too bloody rough if possible.  Yea as I say its not bad, I mean the tuff mounts mean its a little firm up front, but I reckon a good compromise between harshness and smoothness, and it is 600+hp so you have to expect a little compromise at any rate.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

How much were the DMS coilover and shocks?

They are an Aussie made quality set up so there not cheap,but they are rebuildable/serviceable,have 50mm slider tubes and are independently adjustable for bump and rebound.Also allow for camber change at base of coilover with eccentric bushes. RRP $5,552.00 I paid $3,560.00 as they were having a 30% off promotion for being in business for 30 years.I think the xyz stuff is around $1,800.00,so about double for the DMS kit. Some pics.   

Nice bit of gear there, making my own coil overs as we speak..

What are the brake lines going to be mounted to?

What brand are the castor rods and whats your thoughts on them?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Damn i love that suspension been a while since ive seen the updates looking mint :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Nice bit of gear there, making my own coil overs as we speak..     What are the brake lines going to be mounted to?   What brand are the castor rods and whats your thoughts on them?

So your making your own coil overs?Using the original struts as a starting point?

Brake lines have been zip tied away to stop any contact with suspension.

Castor rods are Whiteline.You will hit the front guard before adjustment runs out,fitted up fine.Haven’t driven it yet so can’t really give any more info.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Damn i love that suspension been a while since ive seen the updates looking mint :) Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cheers DK.Glad to see you have settled in to your statesman build,keen to see it on the road one day.

Profile photo of GMH-304
    GMH-304
    Participant

How much were the DMS coilover and shocks?

They are an Aussie made quality set up so there not cheap,but they are rebuildable/serviceable,have 50mm slider tubes and are independently adjustable for bump and rebound.Also allow for camber change at base of coilover with eccentric bushes. RRP $5,552.00 I paid $3,560.00 as they were having a 30% off promotion for being in business for 30 years.I think the xyz stuff is around $1,800.00,so about double for the DMS kit. Some pics.

Cheers for that. Might look at getting there street coilovers and shocks instead.

sands vs
    Participant

Nice bit of gear there, making my own coil overs as we speak.. What are the brake lines going to be mounted to? What brand are the castor rods and whats your thoughts on them?

So your making your own coil overs?Using the original struts as a starting point? Brake lines have been zip tied away to stop any contact with suspension. Castor rods are Whiteline.You will hit the front guard before adjustment runs out,fitted up fine.Haven’t driven it yet so can’t really give any more info.

Impressive looking car very neat.. Should drive very well mate.

Yeah after looking at what we had the pedders coilovers which were an awful design in many ways. And not even in the ballpark strength wise as the gm unit. We are modifying the gm struts as you say so least they are something well engineered. They also look stockish we will paint the sleeve kit black etc.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Impressive looking car very neat.. Should drive very well mate.     Yeah after looking at what we had the pedders coilovers which were an awful design in many ways. And not even in the ballpark strength wise as the gm unit. We are modifying the gm struts as you say so least they are something well engineered. They also look stockish we will paint the sleeve kit black etc.

Cheers mate.

Pedders no good hey,they didn’t do a kit for the ute so never really considered them.Will be good to see the modified std struts when your finished,way cheaper too.

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Cheers for that. Might look at getting there street coilovers and shocks instead.

These are their entry level street coil overs as far as i know. More $$ for more high/low speed adjustments as you go into the more race spec models.

Profile photo of GMH-304
    GMH-304
    Participant

They have a new 25mm shaft coilover

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

They have a new 25mm shaft coilover

New product hey,much of a saving over the 50mm ones,same adj settings?

Profile photo of GMH-304
    GMH-304
    Participant

Same 2 way adjustments and i<span style=”color: #141823; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19.32px;”>ntroduction price of $2799.</span>

VS 355 UTE
    Participant

That’s a nice set up.Price is good for the quality.I would have bought these if they were available at the time.

sands vs
    Participant

I like this ute ultra clean..  How far off till you think you will be driving it?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.