This topic contains 1,175 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,178 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

When I Looked into it pwr could make a front mount to any size and passes you wanted at a cost. But quality wise and costumer service they were spot on. They can do the calculations for you as well based on hp/boost etc

“”Basically the way we know that we are more efficient than a core straight off the bat is that our tube design is the best in the world, the tube we do not have different tubes that we use for Nascar or Formula 1 compared to what we use in our everyday cores. These tubes are typically 8-10% more efficient straight from the get go””

For example with the yella terra core under the blower they used a transmission cooler and it was fairly average setup. So they custom made these high efficiency cores to suit the housing.. Fins per inch also a consideration, as with fin and core type

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    sands vs
    Participant

I still have a Harrop Reservoir and the Bosch Pump if it’s of any use? (big one on the left)

Id be using something decent like this both look great and decent brand. The yella terra pumps failed and were noisy. The res had a base that screwed on that constantly leaked.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Any chance of you boys educating a  dumb ass na guy like me.  I am assuming w2A means water to air and refers to the intercooler?  How does that all work, what are the advantages or disadvantages compared to what else is out there?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

W2A uses a 2 stage active system, you have a closed loop cooling system and another exchanger/radiator.

Pros are in slow speed high boost situations it’s a good deal more efficient as you can run a cooling fan on the exchanger, A2A’s can heatsoak under these conditions, Cons are weight, bulk, complexity and cost.

sands vs
    Participant

oops we both posted an answer at once

Yeah water to air is a FMHE(front mount heat exchanger like a radiator), Water runs through the system, pumps the heated water front under the supercharger to the front rad where air cools the heated water as it runs through it. Then it pumps it back into the core under the blower and the dropped temp

Advantages over a2a less boost loss, disadvantages unless its extremely efficient can suffer from heak soak after a few hard passes. There is a lot to consider pump flow rates have to be right, core under blower has be to efficient as does the front mount heat exchanger.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^thanks, always like to learn a little…

sands vs
    Participant

http://www.enginebasics.com/Advanced%20Engine%20Tuning/Water%20vs%20Air%20Intercooler.html

these guys are in the states have a good rep but with the dollar so low dont know if its viable

http://www.frozenboost.com/

Havent heard much on these guys

http://www.axtturbo.com.au/w2a_intercoolers.html

PWR

https://www.pwr.com.au/products/intercoolers/liquid-to-air-intercoolers

https://www.pwr.com.au/portfolio/barrels-barbed-outlets

These guys did the setup on the horsepower heroes car TRYHRD

http://www.are.com.au/inter/air_to_water.htm

Profile photo of

After about 500rwhp W2A get’s big heavy and bulky, on my old Supra I went back to A2A but if you were playing in Traffic IAT’s were through the roof as it just couldn’t keep up, W2A won hands down..

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yeah LJ how much? I was thinking of using my window wiper bottle so it looks stealth and already has a mounting spot as the reservoir? But lid may be an issue.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

This is my final design and by design I mean foam cut out.

Profile photo of

Yeah LJ how much? I was thinking of using my window wiper bottle so it looks stealth and already has a mounting spot as the reservoir? But lid may be an issue.

Sent a PM  :XD:

sands vs
    Participant

Y I was thinking of using my window wiper bottle so it looks stealth and already has a mounting spot as the reservoir? But lid may be an issue.

I dont think it would cope with the heat and pressure all to well. Whats everyone else think

sands vs
    Participant

I don’t even know what u drive lol

One day ill get my arse into gear and make a thread up, just so much details and pics dont even know where to start.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

One day ill get my arse into gear and make a thread up, just so much details and pics dont even know where to start.

Now or ban ha ha (always wanted to sat that!)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Lj just come past and dropped off a pump and reservoir for the W2A. Nice to meet u. Thanks heaps for that. Greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of

Lj just come past and dropped off a pump and reservoir for the W2A. Nice to meet u. Thanks heaps for that. Greatly appreciated.

LOL most welcome was good to catch up in person, it’s IJ not LJ  :XD:

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’m think little “l” not I

I forgot your name also. I’m shit house like that. Ian??

Profile photo of

I’m think little “l” not I

I forgot your name also. I’m shit house like that. Ian??

LOL yep that’s right…. I forgot yours too… I have an excuse I’m old….

Profile photo of benk
    benk
    Participant

do it! but just the highlights :yes:

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Need to purchase a TB to suit 4 bolt. Was thinking something around the 98 – 105mm. Any recommendations?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.