This topic contains 1,175 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,178 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Had a lot of discussion with pwr when i did mine, they know rads, and it works.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Very cool build btw Cav, jealous mate.  Is it going to be legal or street driven, or both?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

It’s getting engineered. I have to take it over the pits to get it registered.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Awesome…

So where are you sourcing the engine from? new or used?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

The engine will be a new crate. Then I’ll add my goodies  B-)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of SLO 05L
    SLO 05L
    Participant

I’m really liking where this heading. So cool mate

sands vs
    Participant

Can you make the whole conversion sound really hard and expensive for me mate so I dont get tempted to do the same ha ha

Profile photo of Marzella
    Marzella
    Participant

Nice drop box

Profile photo of Narva*2010
    Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

Now are you sure you don’t wanna stick to the Aussie 8?? I have a good set of VN heads here….

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Now are you sure you don’t wanna stick to the Aussie 8?? I have a good set of VN heads here….

Time to go fast. ????

sands vs
    Participant

It’s just a BW which I’ll cut down and build with full spool, 31 spline and 3.7 gearing. 

You reckon it will hold up?

Also might want to consult the engineer before you go cutting anything for the heat ex changer just incase it presents an issue.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Already consulted ????

Ass end should be fine hopefully

It’s just a BW which I’ll cut down and build with full spool, 31 spline and 3.7 gearing.

You reckon it will hold up? Also might want to consult the engineer before you go cutting anything for the heat ex changer just incase it presents an issue.

sands vs
    Participant

I mean my mate they wouldnt pass it when holes were cut in the front for cooler pipes and they were quite picky about mounting methods etc. Suppose depends on the engineer

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’ve come up with a better way to do it anyways so no holes will be cut. It will only to all existing mounts also.

sands vs
    Participant

Nice very keen to watch this great build…

I can up pics of how I mounted my front mount w2a with no holes and reserviour if you want may help?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yeah man that would be sweet. I don’t even know what u drive lol

sands vs
    Participant

TOP FMHE: Ok so its  pwr heat exchanger smallish that yella terra sold. We cut off mounting tabs and welded on alloy straps on few angles(dont have pics sorry) so that it mounted up behind the headlight mounting bolts from memory.

BASE FMHE In the holes that the plastic air deflector goes put a nut up in there, there was existing holes or you could use a riv nut.  Thats how we mounted the bast no holes cut and bar intact with full ac . So with your extra space with no ac gear be much better.

Click on this open it up you can see the hook mounts hanging down as its not mounted yet

The res was mounted into existing holes in the bay.

Sorry thats all I have it was fitted many years and im relying on memory and the only pics I have

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Very nice. Was reservoir did u use?

Whats  the combo in that also?

sands vs
    Participant

Ok so thats yella terra their actual res they sell with their w2a inter cooler kits. Which im pretty sure you could buy separately. But they had issues with sealing and something else memory escapes me. etc I would just run a generic there is some neat ones on ebay.  Again we had to make our own custom mounds and remove existing mounts. But the holes in the body were all their on the strut towers

It fed via a pump into this on my charged v6. But no longer intercooled decided to go built engine with cam etc. The yella terra kits had many reliability and performance/quality issues and I wanted to go full sleeper. They later went a larger front heat exchanger too and played around with amount of pass/thickness in an attempt to make it more efficient.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

I still have a Harrop Reservoir and the Bosch Pump if it’s of any use?

(big one on the left)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.