This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,102 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 3 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 2,106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

So how many Km’s are you going to put on it in the first week?? hahaha :XD:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So how many Km’s are you going to put on it in the first week?? hahaha

Such a pita in one way that I am going overseas, so the reality is after all this time it will most likely get approved then put in the shed and left alone for a few weeks.  But when I get man am I going to have some fun.  Those poor rear tyres :yahoo:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So I am just starting to plan in my head the next step.  I have spoken to Doug and explained that I swapped to the 2.5″ system as i just didn’t seem to be able to drop the last few dB to get it under the 90 that I need.  I would like to refit that exhaust.  I see that IJ on here is using spiral mufflers on his race car build, I was thinking a pair of them may be an option after the cats but before the centre mufflers.  Has anyone tried them on a road car, and have any idea how much power you drop, and how much the attenuate the noise?

These are the pics off IJ’s build, hope he doent mind!!

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Well that affect ground clearance ??

And is it really that loud you have to make it quiter?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I dont think it will be too bad with ground clearance, I do have a little to play with. The minimum part is that bit you can see just behind the centre mufflers where it goes under the diff, and that sort of is what it is.

Its about 2 or 3dB too high when the Varex is closed.  I really ideally would like it to be right on 90 with it closed and whatever open.  But I am not totally sold on the idea of modding it yet, just really trying to work out whether to or not.  Tbh it would cut me up (excuse the pun) to have to change the system, its nice as it is, but just kicking ideas around really.

I sure as hell dont want to go to the trouble of fitting them then finding its still not enough, or really screws with power if you know what I mean.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

My pics are your pics :XD:

I really have NFI but I do know a LOT of race teams are using them to meet Noise Limits at circuits and as you know Racers don’t like losing power so I’m assuming the drop isn’t that great Gary.

I will be putting mine on a Meter as soon as it’s running as my track has restrictions, if needs be I’ll add another pair.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea agreed, that’s what I was thinking, they wouldn’t be using them if the are a big choke.  Cheers for that, more pondering required :wacko:

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181614935404&alt=web

Hope the link worked

Are you talking about morosso spiral mufflers that actually have spiral/cork screw inside them ??

Or long round mufflers that are like normal mufflers but sort of have a ribed inside thats spiral  ??

Seen them on a mates VE

Im looking at making custom extractors soon goin 1 7/8 for a few  inches then to 2 inch primarys to down to 3.5 collectors and through 3.5 inch cats and a set of these above then down to 3 in to my existing exhaust

Profile photo of

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181614935404&alt=web Hope the link worked Are you talking about morosso spiral mufflers that actually have spiral/cork screw inside them ?? Or long round mufflers that are like normal mufflers but sort of have a ribed inside thats spiral ?? Seen them on a mates VE Im looking at making custom extractors soon goin 1 7/8 for a few inches then to 2 inch primarys to down to 3.5 collectors and through 3.5 inch cats and a set of these above then down to 3 in to my existing exhaust

Like the Moroso ones, Difilipo have a nice weld it yourself 1 7/8th kit I used it for the Lexcen.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yep sweet

if diffilipno have a kit i might just get that and start welding

Profile photo of

Yep sweet if diffilipno have a kit i might just get that and start welding

Yep really well priced and has many many many bends and ALL of the hardware you need, very comprehensive kit! :XD:

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Are shit yeah

Thats awesome, im getting a set

Thanks

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea beautiful work on the headers, did you purge weld them?  Yea Pete the Moroso ones, they are available in 3″ for about $185 of eBay.

Profile photo of

Yea beautiful work on the headers, did you purge weld them? Yea Pete the Moroso ones, they are available in 3″ for about $185 of eBay.

No I figured out a way to do then without getting the graining inside ;)

409 is very different to weld than 316 or 321.

Got my Spirals direct from Difilipo, reasonably priced but can’t remember how much they were.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea I made mine out of 409 too, I didn’t bother purging, tbh my welding isn’t that good anyhow :)

My stuff was from di phillipo too, tbh I wasn’t overly impressed with the after sales service, but may have just been a one off, as they def have the name.

Profile photo of

Yea I made mine out of 409 too, I didn’t bother purging, tbh my welding isn’t that good anyhow :) My stuff was from di phillipo too, tbh I wasn’t overly impressed with the after sales service, but may have just been a one off, as they def have the name.

I know Darren and the boys personally and have always received awesome service… funny I hear the same thing a bit but they’ve always treated me so well I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea look it’s not a big complaint, and to be fair it must be difficult dealing with all the wanna be exhaust builders like me.  With me intitally I spoke to Darren and he was great, it was after when I had some questions they were a little lacking. In the end I started dealing with AAA exhausts here in SA and they were great.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Either way I’m getting a set of the DIY extractors, just need to decide weather 1 7/8 is good or weather I should go 2 inch

I’m thinking 2 inch as I want 1000hp one day with this set up  :yahoo:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Everyone needs a little 1000 hp in their life :)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Either way I’m getting a set of the DIY extractors, just need to decide weather 1 7/8 is good or weather I should go 2 inch I’m thinking 2 inch as I want 1000hp one day with this set up

tell me more about this DIY kit? I need to make me some 1 7/8’s soon

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 2,106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.