This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,102 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 2,106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Always fun to see the old girl pop up on a fb page.  Looks like its got some yanks n a bit of a tizz :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Finally getting real, just got sent the engineering report appendix for review, all this wait for something so innocuous

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Awesome, much left to do to get it “legal”?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I dont think so, I am just waiting on the full report, actually just emailed him, as I am unsure if he submits that directly to the RTA or to me and I do.  Then its literally booking it in for the RTA check, then its anyone’s guess, might go through first time, might (most likely) get a small list of things to address…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So just got off the phone to Doug the engineer.  Always nice to chat to him actually, I really like his approach.  Its very much to work within the framework of the regulations, and perhaps more importantly the spirit of them so that hopefully there are less issues when it comes to the actual compliance.

So the process is today he expects to finish the body of the report.  he then sends me a copy, and also he send to the department a copy.  They then assess the report (that can take a couple of weeks :disappointed: ) but after that they issue with me with a statement of requirements, which is more or less the signal for me to come in for them to assess it.

Then away we go.  Trouble is going to be I am getting very close to my trip departure date, will kill me if its not compliant by then, but this part is out of my hands.  I guess that’s been the most frustrating part of the compliance part, its basically in the hands of others not me.

But I have come too far to stop now, one way or another this baby is going to be 100% approved :good:

Profile photo of

Can you have someone take it in for you?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hadn’t thought of that, humm, not sure if I like that, be sort of like playing all year in a winning team then being injured for the grand final.  But maybe is an option, I guess though they may want me there so I can answer any questions.  Doug is aware of my departure date and has said he is going to call the head of the department today to give him a heads up.  Will keep you posted.  I know this sounds dumb ass but lately I have been waking up in the middle of the night, first thing I think of is bloody compliance.  That’s sad but totally true.  Man I just want this over :-)

p.s. I know i am biased but i love the improvements to the forum, not big but just make it all a little nicer to use  :good:

Profile photo of

LOL I do that all the time, some of my best “work” is done when I wake in the middle of the night, when I was younger I’d go out to the shed and make it reality, too oldNbusted for that now so I just make notes on my phone!

Yep moving forward thank Georgie for the upgrades well done! B-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep moving forward thank Georgie for the upgrades well done!

;-)

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

it will be orth having this thing legal!

also yes the forum update is great:) love the collage of cars in the logo..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

it will be orth having this thing legal!

Yea I agree its sort of what the car is all about really.  Yesterday when I spoke to Doug about it, I explained why its really been the focus from day one, so if I didn’t go through with it, I would feel pretty let down about it tbh.  If anyone has followed the build right from the start they would know there is just so much time and effort gone into all the little things most of which can’t be seen, a lot of which that truthfully if I wasn’t bothered with legality I wouldn’t have even worried.

also yes the forum update is great:) love the collage of cars in the logo..

Really glad you like it, I reckon its just taken it up a notch.  We are working on something with the banner where we maybe feature a car or something every now and again, but at least there is a variety of cars up there :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well my love of bits is well documented :-) , trunnion upgrade kit arrived today, not sure when I will get a chance to fit it though, fair bit happening right now.

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Does your lsx run a factory type  rockers ??

Though lsx would of used decent rockers with decent trunnions with them ??

And are the valve springs to suit a new cam or your existing cam ??

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi mate, I asked the exact same question, according to my guy in the know the LSx rockers are good for way more revs than I will ever do, and are actually quite light/good.  Supposedly the only known weak spot is the bearings, so its a bit of insurance.  For now staying with the “factory” valve springs, when/if I do the cam/heads etc I will do the springs when I do the valves etc.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Factory rockers on mine with the trunnion kit. I use to hit the 7500rpm limiter heaps when doing skids when mine was N/A.

I believe the only real problem with them, is that they don’t have a roller on the tip. So they will wear quicker then aftermarket items.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Woo Hoo!!!!   I have in my hot little hands the engineers report recommending my car be approved for rego.  So now a copy is sent to the RTA, they read it, then ring me to make a time to come in and have the car assessed.  So fucking close now I can almost touch it….

This is the best bit

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah I see LS engines usually upgrade the trunnions anyway so it’s a good thing no matter what and not very expensive

Your rockers would have roller bearing on top of valves wouldn’t they ??

good stuff on the engineer report to

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yeah I see LS engines usually upgrade the trunnions anyway so it’s a good thing no matter what and not very expensive Your rockers would have roller bearing on top of valves wouldn’t they ?

Tbh I don’t know what the rockers look like yet, looking at the video of how to do the bearing upgrade I don’t think they are roller tipped.  This is really just a mild reliability upgrade when the time comes may go aftermarket especially if I chase more lift on the cam etc.

good stuff on the engineer report to

Thanks mate appreciate that, just went out and stuck it up on the hoist and went over it one last time.  I just cant see anything else to do really, so its really wait for them to call me, and take it in and have a crack.

Profile photo of

<fingers crossed> Hope it breezes through! :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I said to Doug yesterday that I don’t know what to expect, or how it will be received down there.  He said he thinks they will really like it, the fact I have sort of addressed every area.  But my heart says it will go through first time but my head says they will find something.  Time will tell, one things for sure you will not wipe the smile off my face when its through, been a long journey.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 2,106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.