This topic contains 116 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SLE355 SLE355 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Narva*2010
    Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah good idea Gary.  I thought you were going to do the 3d printer thing when you were designing your shifter knob.  (Which has turned out pretty good anyhow).

No VH SLE, I didn’t look into door moulds.  And which grille are you talking about mate? If you’re talking about the one on my car, it’s a Rare Spares item.  They come in a neutral finish, I just painted it black.

There is a market out there for ssomeone using 3D printers to make these hard to get parts.  Just won’t be me.  I’m flat out using this forum.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep, very close to buying the printer, stay tuned :good:

The thing is the printer bit is the relatively easy thing, its coming up with the idea and doing the 3D modelling thats the hard part, the modelling side is where I have a bit of a leg up given my work.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Yeah good idea Gary. I thought you were going to do the 3d printer thing when you were designing your shifter knob. (Which has turned out pretty good anyhow). No VH SLE, I didn’t look into door moulds. And which grille are you talking about mate? If you’re talking about the one on my car, it’s a Rare Spares item. They come in a neutral finish, I just painted it black. There is a market out there for ssomeone using 3D printers to make these hard to get parts. Just won’t be me. I’m flat out using this forum.

Sorry mate, i wasn’t quoting you!

The aftermarket/Rare Spares ones look like the original colour in pics, i was going to get it sprayed gloss black anyway.

Profile photo of SLE-881
    SLE-881
    Participant

The VH grille is from ebay. They look very good.

Daniel
    Instagram - @SLE881

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Is it just the light or is it black?

Profile photo of SLE-881
    SLE-881
    Participant

It’s almost black. I’d say a very very dark grey. I can take a photo of it out in the sun if you like.

I actually bought 3 of these grilles as I’d been looking for ages for them thinking they were hard to come by. As it turns out, there must have been a shipment of them come through and they’re everywhere on ebay. Glad I’m not the guy that paid $200+ for one a few months ago.

Daniel
    Instagram - @SLE881

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

All good mate, I should have mine on Friday.

Profile photo of SLE-881
    SLE-881
    Participant

Managed to find a brand new NOS VH SLE Front Passenger side door belt! This part is pretty much non existent. Paid an absolute mint for it but I guess the best time to buy something is when you find it. (haven’t had buyers remorse yet but I’m hoping the wife doesn’t find out.)

I don’t know why but Rare spares sell the Drivers side, and LH and RH rear door belts but not the front passengers. They’ll probably release it next week now that I bought one.

Pretty happy about this as it means that all the rubbers on the car are now brand new.

Gives me an excuse to drop in on the panel shop this week.

Daniel
    Instagram - @SLE881

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice score, even if you have paid a premium, its not like you will ever have to buy one again, you have it now  :good:

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Weird that they don’t sell the passenger front, whats the genuine like compared to the Rare Spares ones? I replaced all mine about 12 years ago, haven’t seen much weather since!

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

This will be a very clean looking SLE when finished dude.

Love how clean that interior is & knowing history of car with low mileage.

Interested in how you go with replacing all little SLE items…mine is either missing things like grille badges or small items and interior parts better off replaced.Would like to make it resemble SLE again too.

Thankfully mine still got beautiful single spoke lol.

Now relearning these things been long time since touched a vh commodore.

Profile photo of BTS666.0
    BTS666.0
    Participant

sounds like you are doing good work. will be a sweet early girl.

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

Profile photo of SLE-881
    SLE-881
    Participant

It should be a clean SLE.

SLE355, not sure how good the NOS door belt will look compared to the rare spares ones but going off what’s on the car already with the rare spare they look identical. Just hoping they fit properly too.

Daniel
    Instagram - @SLE881

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

It should be a clean SLE. SLE355, not sure how good the NOS door belt will look compared to the rare spares ones but going off what’s on the car already with the rare spare they look identical. Just hoping they fit properly too.

That’s interesting, i have CLNSLE plates for sale :XD:

Yeah hopefully they fit good. I got my grill, very good for the price although if being fussy, the chrome isn’t a good a finish as a properly chromed piece. I might get it redone when i get some other bits done.

When you stopping in at the shop?

Profile photo of SLE-881
    SLE-881
    Participant

Waiting for the passenger door belt to arrive and then I’ll drop by. I’m expecting to see the car still sitting in the corner in primer though.

As much as I want the car back now it sort of suits me. The garage is full of building material for a development I’m working on in Huskisson, NSW.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of SLE-881 SLE-881.

Daniel
    Instagram - @SLE881

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Been following your build when ever you update it it will be a nice clean when finished.

So true about finding nos parts if you need it and can justify the price just buy it i say.

Gods country at husky mate, heading there next week for a break.

Profile photo of SLE-881
    SLE-881
    Participant

Door belt arrived yesterday. Rubber is soft like new and chrome is straight and clean!

Just got a call from the body shop too. Car is getting colour this weekend. I have to pop in this afternoon to confirm the colour. The paint mixing system in the shop shows two different Indigo blues with the paint code that matches what’s on the car. One has a violet tinge to it compared to the other so he wants me to come in and choose which way to go. I’m already thinking the blue without the violet blend but will drop by to confirm this.

I’ll hopefully have some photos to show you guys on Monday. Finally things are moving along.

Daniel
    Instagram - @SLE881

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice, cool when the colour goes on.

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Great news, look forward to the pics.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey Daniel awesome ride bud its going to be nice you’ll have to let us know how your rubber kit fits I’ve got to get a kit for my vc sl/e

Q would a vh grille fit a vc or is the angle wrong

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.