This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Ease into it mate, shoulders can be a pita, sometimes they just need rest…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Ease into it mate, shoulders can be a pita, sometimes they just need rest…

It’s the one I smashed in an accident 20 odd years back… agree on the ret and easing back into it, maybe done a bit much the last couple of days, Toll and Aus Post are conspiring to give me a longer break at the moment so have no choice on the rest situation ..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep, that will do it. Where and what happened if you don’t mind me asking? Takes me back to my lad being punted into the wall at Sandown, it all goes pear shaped very quickly when you are racing and so on the limit…

Profile photo of

Road car accident back in 92 Gary, TT 3.4L V8 Toyota in a 240z, long story short came over a crest on a divided road to find some Muppet doing a U turn in a backhoe on the blindside, managed to miss him but reversed into a Pole…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Shit mate, looks like you “were lucky” if that’s the right way to describe it :wacko:

Sorry for the emoticon choice mate, just trying them out :good:

Profile photo of

Shit mate, looks like you “were lucky” if that’s the right way to describe it Sorry for the emoticon choice mate, just trying them out

LOL yeah was a bad time in my life, many many injuries that still affect me today.. :-(

Had a bunch of parts arrive but not going to do anything for a few days, bit sore still..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Bloody hell, not good to hear, sounds like car building is a good therapy, truly awesome what your creating mate, very innovative.  Look forward to one day going for a fang in it :good:

Profile photo of

Bloody hell, not good to hear, sounds like car building is a good therapy, truly awesome what your creating mate, very innovative. Look forward to one day going for a fang in it

Brave man given my track record!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lol, mate if I can sit next to my son in his mums Daihatsu Sirion going round a round about faster than my brain is telling me is possible, I can ride with anyone!  Besides I would then get to repay the favor in mine.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

This is epic, would love to do a road legal version of this awd vs lsa………  amazing work

Are you the one thats done a few swaps?

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of

Lol, mate if I can sit next to my son in his mums Daihatsu Sirion going round a round about faster than my brain is telling me is possible, I can ride with anyone! Besides I would then get to repay the favor in mine.

LOL I’m not a good passenger!! :unsure:

This is epic, would love to do a road legal version of this awd vs lsa……… amazing work Are you the one thats done a few swaps?

I thought about making this build road legal but the only realistic way would have been to use an VN and Club Rego, never much liked their shape though!

Yep that’s me I did the Monaro and Maloo conversions awhile back :XD:

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Dont think you could get awd engineered in a vs?

Love to see this thing in person one day

Profile photo of

Dont think you could get awd engineered in a vs? Love to see this thing in person one day

Not the way I’ve built it Sands, it was going to be a track car from day 1 so I’ve done many things that wouldn’t allow it to be registered, you “could” do an AWD VR and make it just about all bolt in and that simplifies registration a lot!

Where abouts are you located?

——–

Today!

Got a bit bored (I don’t do the rest thing well) needed somewhere to mount the battery isolator remote pull handle and as this thing won’t have a radio problem solved!

Profile photo of

Today!

Shoulder is well on the mend, muscles/tendons in my forearm and wrist are getting there, better each day, looking forward to getting back into is ASAP but don’t want to jump the gun and put myself further back (Monday/Tuesdays attempt was a mistake in hindsight, far too soon)

Bit frustrating seeing it’s so close to being “done” and to a point where I can start paint and assembly..

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

bloke I bow to your massive awesomeness

how do you get huge curettes & brain into one body

seriuosly cool

do you need a son & 4 grandkids,i’ll get rid of wife,we don’t need her.hahaha

gotta love the inter web

you’d never see a lot of this stuff

:cry:

Profile photo of

bloke I bow to your massive awesomeness how do you get huge curettes & brain into one body seriuosly cool do you need a son & 4 grandkids,i’ll get rid of wife,we don’t need her.hahaha gotta love the inter web you’d never see a lot of this stuff

LMAO Thanks I think :scratch:

This is just the latest in a long line of weird automotive shit I’ve done over the years.

(probably be my last personal build though as I’m not even sure I’ll be able to drive this one)

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

all props cuz

drop that no drive attitude

you could rent drives in that seat & they’d come from bloody everywhere,not thats why your doing it but remember i said it 1st cab off rank  :yes:

when i get a lazy couple days i’ll go through them other builds,took 2 days to go through Garys 100+ pages,i look forward to it,wish i’d found it monday when the rain came,anyway have a laugh,your entertaining people :yahoo:

Profile photo of

all props cuz drop that no drive attitude you could rent drives in that seat & they’d come from bloody everywhere,not thats why your doing it but remember i said it 1st cab off rank when i get a lazy couple days i’ll go through them other builds,took 2 days to go through Garys 100+ pages,i look forward to it,wish i’d found it monday when the rain came,anyway have a laugh,your entertaining people

Thanks you made me smile, glad you’re enjoying the build so far, I don’t really do this for anyone else, I really enjoy the build process and hopefully I’m not too OldNbusted to have some fun in this one, the recent shoulder problem has just got me down a bit as it’s highlighted just how easy it is to aggravate my old injuries..

When I first moved to the country I was going to buy a 700cc Raptor Quad but came to my senses… getting old sucks.. :disappointed:

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Oh look, it’s just a lex-
    HOLY MOTHER OF TITTY F*CKING JEEBUS!

This I was not expecting at all, this is an amazing example of high end engineering, along with more dedication than I will probably ever have with my car!

My hat goes off to you sir!  :good:

Profile photo of

Oh look, it’s just a lex- HOLY MOTHER OF TITTY F*CKING JEEBUS! This I was not expecting at all, this is an amazing example of high end engineering, along with more dedication than I will probably ever have with my car! My hat goes off to you sir!

Hey Nick, thanks!

I plan to do a few events in SA I’ll post up here when it’s going to happen, if you have time come by and say hi!

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.