This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

them quads are no ones friend don’t worry about that!mean ill handling things,at least a horse might come back & kick ya after chucking ya.haha

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

them quads are no ones friend don’t worry about that!mean ill handling things,at least a horse might come back & kick ya after chucking ya.haha

LOL yeah came to my senses after watching them in the Dakar, I need something with a Seat Harness and Full Cage.. :good:

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant
    • 1995 VS Acclaim v6. Soon to be supercharged 1995 VS Executive 5L. 1973 Holden Torana Deluxe

• View build HERE

Wow. Amazing build. Amazing quality of work done. Love it. How to make a Lexcen look epic. Would love to see more pictures of work done!

I’ll put my hand up for a passenger run in this!

Profile photo of

Wow. Amazing build. Amazing quality of work done. Love it. How to make a Lexcen look epic. Would love to see more pictures of work done! I’ll put my hand up for a passenger run in this!

Thanks Wombles, anything in particular you’d like to see pics of?

—————-

Today End!

That’s enough for today, put the car back on the Hoist and Bolted the Engine and Driveline back in so I could check for where I want the Battery Cable bulkhead fittings to come out, I wanted somewhere easy to reach so for dropping the engine I don’t have to struggle getting to the Starter terminal that’s buried behind the Header and steering on the DS.

Not running a Heater so that was “good”, When I built the Side Scoops I started with T6 material but during welding it annealed so the a couple of the bolt holes I’d tapped stripped, I pulled the Scoops and Helicoiled all the holes then ran the IC Hoses through the Cabin.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Very neat mate, great idea making the battery terminals easy to get too, love ya work :good:

Profile photo of

Very neat mate, great idea making the battery terminals easy to get too, love ya work

Thanks Gary, trying to think ahead and deal with everything that annoys me when I’ve worked on the Tonner, makes it easy having 2 cars with the same drivelines!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

For sure, its all those small details that make the other jobs so much easier.  Problem is those small details often take a long time to do.  Did a similar kind of thing on my injection so its possible to remove it off to the side very easily without having to crack the fuel lines, took a bit of thought and stuffing around, but first time I had to remove it to get at the vacuum plumbing underneath it paid off in spades.

Profile photo of

I’ve found with the AWD setup in the Tonner it’s easier to just drop the whole driveline out if I needed to get to just about anything ;)

Having the Blower in the way made it near on impossible to get the top bellhousing bolts and the Blower bolts are likewise almost impossible to get to in the car, hence I’ll gear it all towards making dropping it out the bottom easier, i.e. M/F fittings halfway along the flex hoses, easy to reach battery terminals and so on.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I like your thinking Woody :good:

Profile photo of

I like your thinking Woody

None of it is “Pretty” but it’s all very functional :whistle2:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^ coz race car :good:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Btw, not sure how long its been out or if its of use to you but have you seen Sonnax do a new input carrier to make 1/2nd a closer ratio?  Goes from being 3.06/1.63 to 2.84/1.55, or have you built the trans already?

Profile photo of

Btw, not sure how long its been out or if its of use to you but have you seen Sonnax do a new input carrier to make 1/2nd a closer ratio? Goes from being 3.06/1.63 to 2.84/1.55, or have you built the trans already?

Trans is built, The way this engine makes it’s power I don’t think it needs closer ratios ;-)

Was making 300awkw@3200 rpm while tuning, it’s a mid range monster, that might have changed a little this time going up to the 1 7/8th primaries on the headers but have also dropped 500Kg’s.

Profile photo of

Today End!

Just a short day, went down and made my Ground cable, did some Nutserts and P Clamped it in, got to use my new Hydraulic Cable Crimper as in the past I’ve just soldered these lugs on, downside to that is the Copper wicks the solder really well and you end up with 50mm of solid cable that can make routing it difficult…

I need to make a mount for the Battery Isolator then I’ll do the Positive cable, I got a multi pole Isolator this time and will wire the Fuel pumps through it so it shuts the engine down. :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I plan to do a few events in SA I’ll post up here when it’s going to happen, if you have time come by and say hi!

An SA CP cruise/get together is something I have in the back of my mind for later on this year.  I think there might even be a couple of Vic boys might come across for it.  Stay tuned…

Profile photo of

I plan to do a few events in SA I’ll post up here when it’s going to happen, if you have time come by and say hi!

An SA CP cruise/get together is something I have in the back of my mind for later on this year. I think there might even be a couple of Vic boys might come across for it. Stay tuned…

Maybe sync it up with a Colingrove event Gary :XD:

Profile photo of

Today End!

Shoulder is good, arm is still a bit Munted so not going to push too hard, as long as I get a bit done each day it’s all good!

My new Heatshrink didn’t arrive this morning so the cables aren’t finished as such but I got them in and tested the remote shutoff handle!

Profile photo of

Today End!
    Early start this morning, Did the Shifter surround and bolted the engine back in so I could make up the Engine Bay Battery cables, just off to the post office to see if any parcels have arrived!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Watching this thread makes me want build a race car!!  Very tidy work.  Have I missed the explanation behind the RHS frame, I assume its chassis stiffening?  Is it to tie the new mounting points for the custom suspension system?  Will the cage pick up on that as well? Apologies for the 20 questions btw :-)

Profile photo of

Watching this thread makes me want build a race car!! Very tidy work. Have I missed the explanation behind the RHS frame, I assume its chassis stiffening? Is it to tie the new mounting points for the custom suspension system? Will the cage pick up on that as well? Apologies for the 20 questions btw

I had to cut a lot of the Cross supports out to get the AWD in so seeing as a few of the tracks I go to have small jumps I thought it would be a good idea to tie in the front and rear rails but didn’t want to lose ground clearance, VR’s are a bit of a Tin Can structurally so better safe than sorry.

The cage doesn’t tie in as such but it “should” all work together <fingers crossed>

It’s all a bit of a compromise to use a stock shell, next step from this would have been a Tube Chassis but I was trying to keep it fairly simple…. and failed :XD:

——————

Heatshrink arrived, all done on the cables :)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.