This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

.. Figure while I’m there I’ll go collect the Torque Converter if it’s ready, just waiting on a call back.

Coming along really well. Hey mate what are you getting done with the torque convertor mods? Looking at getting mine from the 4l60e done want reco and beefed up who do you use, what do they charge and what do they do if you dont mind me asking thanks

As I had NFI what the supplied converter is I took it to my guys at BBE to see if they could ID it, turns out it’s an Accelerator so is being sent back there for a rebuild and to make sure the lockup plate is in it…

Went for around the 2400 stall speed, in the past I’ve ran A Dominator in the blown engine, wasn’t real happy with it always felt a bit “loose” and only having a single lockup clutch you had to unlock it under power, I went to a Circle D 2700 Multiplate and it’s like chalk and cheese but a bit exe.

Bought a 2400 B&M for the AWD Monaro I built as it’s coming home for a Trans build soon..

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Thats interesting to know mate because I brought an auto fully built (stage 2 shift kit, beast heavy duty shell, z heavy duty cluth pack etc) but seller didnt know what stall rpm is or brand its just blue. Want to get one built tuff but might just get one from circle D then.  But they only seem to supply LS/LT not sure of they will work with an worked l67 ecotech v6 4l60e. Might just just call BBE see what they recommend if they are good or just order one from B and M?

Sorry for the hijack

Profile photo of

No probs on the hijack, B&M build 100’s of 1000’s of these things and just work, there are a lot of local built things but they’re usually more expensive, CIrcle D as I said are very expensive, add to that our crap $ and shipping and it might be a bit much..

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I appreciate what Ians saying about off the shelf, but if you are after a custom converter Grant at Norwood auto’s builds a hell of a lot of them for all sort of applications.  When yo go into their shop there is always very interesting cars, from streched 300C limo’s through to full on race cars and everything in between.  Btw my billet lock up converter I had in my 4L65e before I went to the glide is there with them for sale…

sands vs
    Participant

Btw my billet lock up converter I had in my 4L65e before I went to the glide is there with them for sale…

I just called austra torque engineering im getting them to reco mine same place that has his(IJ) at the moment. They seem nice and know their stuff and im happy with the price(mods for strenth). I could have gone all out like your billet or Circle D but in my application probably no real need.

Profile photo of

Heard back on mine, it’s a 3K non lockup and being a 9″ converter the little lockup wouldn’t hold the stroker so plan B…

sands vs
    Participant

Whats plan B?

Profile photo of

V8 Body built to my requirements  :XD:

Profile photo of

Today!

Pumped up 16 tyres, loaded the Tonner loader the Lexcen onto the Tandem strapped it all down all going well… until it wasn’t…

I moved it back from where I loaded up and found a chunk of aluminium on the ground… never a good sign, while I was loading it hooked one of the Jig Lugs on the transfer case that hangs low and snapped it off, of course the Oil was running out of there calling a halt to proceedings..

Unloaded it put it up on the hoist to see if it was repairable, it is so I now have the case out and stripped and after a bite to eat will go down and TIG it up and start again.. arghhh

Profile photo of

Today End!

Ok and we’re back on Track for the Track tomorrow!

Preventative measure I cut the Lug off the other half of the case just in case…

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

bugger that would p*&s you off at least you could fix it yourself

Profile photo of

bugger that would p*&s you off at least you could fix it yourself

Yeah total piss off, I did a test load earlier in the week to make sure this sort of shit wouldn’t happen… dunno lost the plot somehow… ahh well first tarmac event tomorrow going to be interesting..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Cant wait to hear how it goes. Good luck  ;-)

Profile photo of

Cant wait to hear how it goes. Good luck

Ditto Gary, it’ll be a nice easy run the first few laps then I’ll build on it a bit, bit nervous been awake since 2am…

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

How did you go Ian?

Profile photo of

Today End!

Trip up went smoothly, Tonner tows like a dream, 1st run just feeling it out I managed 1 second quicker than Marks GT4, not a bad start seeing I was soft peddling it the whole way.

Each run I pushed a little harder just letting it have it’s head to see what it would do, on a couple of laps I was getting a little air over the crests, NOT a good feeling waiting for it to steer again, The track is very rubbered up so grip was amazing, a lot of the cars on road tyres were slipping and sliding, not so in the Lexcen it sticks like shit to a blanket, my lines were all terrible as I said I was trying to get a feel for it’s limits, never really found any..

Blued the Rotors so was pushing fairly hard, a good start, I can tune a bit of the understeer out, no problems all day, after lunch the guys set up a gymkhana on the dry skid pan, not my thing so I loaded up for the trip home, was funny to watch though!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Vids or ban :)

Profile photo of

Vids or ban :)

Just uploading one now  ;-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea baby, looking fwd to seeing that. .

Profile photo of

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.