This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea I like that, very neat, almost factory looking. :good:

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Yea I like that, very neat, almost factory looking.

Thanks Gary, was going to fabricate one from box but figured this would be more “correct” for the car :XD:

Profile photo of

Heard back from the SS Wagon last night, it’s done it’s 1000 Km breakin and had an Oil and Filter change, it’s getting good fuel economy on LPG and behaving itself!

After I finished up on the LE today I chucked the Tonner back on the Hoist, it’s had an intermittant grumble for awhile now that I thought was wheel bearings, checked everything I can and nothing seems amiss, I noticed the other day it was making a bit more noise than usual on the freeway then realised I had 3x Jerry cans strapped to the tray… DOH so doing the boom box thing like the Big Blue box does…

About the only thing I can think of is one the Compressors for the Air Suspension is shitting itself/ has shat itself as it was much quieter today, I have a spare will check it out next time the Tray is off (that’s why I fitted 2x just in case one died)

Profile photo of

Today!

Been out fiddling with the AC Compressor on the Monaro before it gets too hot (41c forecast) looks like it’s not going where I wanted to put it as the steering box is in the way so it’s going to be a mid to high mount on the drivers side.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^ somebody needs to design a small compact 90 degree bevel drive snout for an A/C compressor so it can be mounted crossways down low.  I was toying with the idea for mine.  I reckon they are a bloody ugly looking thing.

Profile photo of

^ somebody needs to design a small compact 90 degree bevel drive snout for an A/C compressor so it can be mounted crossways down low. I was toying with the idea for mine. I reckon they are a bloody ugly looking thing.

Yep but unless it has helical gears it’s gonna be LOUD ;)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

You sometimes forget I was a pretty handy special purpose machine designer once upon a time, I kinda know that :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Not necessarily what I would use, but I have actually got a reasonable amount of experience doing gearboxes and drives.

Profile photo of

Spirals aren’t Helicals  :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea yea, maybe we should go hypoid, give me a break buddy.  Thats you off the Xmas card list…

Profile photo of

Yea yea, maybe we should go hypoid, give me a break buddy. Thats you off the Xmas card list…

LOL having said that with a modern compressor spirals might be strong enough  ;-)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Or u run no ac cause race car. Hahah

I was quoted $1100 for a custom Ac compressor and bracket to suit my build. Was too much so I ditched that idea.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I don’t have A/C now, but will I reckon, but mines more road than race. And I am an old soft fart….  Really wouldn’t be hard to design that Ian, its on my one day list, a nice little bolt on compact right angle drive. Trouble is I need to live 3 lifetimes to fit it all bloody in.

Profile photo of

A big flex cable drive might be a better solution, that way you can mount it anywhere there’s room, right angle I can’t think of a clear space for it..

There’s a bunch of room in the LE as I’m going to run an electric pwr steer pump so it’s not a huge issue, when I had my Supra I looked at electric compressors but ended up notching the chassis rail to fit one in, meant I had to remote mount the speed sensitive solenoid for the power steering though…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Speaking of electric brake vacuum pumps, do any current cars run full electric A/C compressor/motor combo?  You could mount it anywhere?

Profile photo of

Speaking of electric brake vacuum pumps, do any current cars run full electric A/C compressor/motor combo? You could mount it anywhere?

The one I was looking at was from a Chevy Volt so I guess that local Electric thing might have the same setup in it now.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Interesting, might look into that when the time comes.

Profile photo of

SHM in the US do a full kit so I’m sure you’d be able to source a compressor through them.

Profile photo of

Today End!

Got a bit done before it got too hot to continue, pulled the engine and trans then mocked it up so I can sort out the AC Mount, I have a plan but of course it involves driving to Melbourne for hardware.. Figure while I’m there I’ll go collect the Torque Converter if it’s ready, just waiting on a call back.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

.. Figure while I’m there I’ll go collect the Torque Converter if it’s ready, just waiting on a call back.

Coming along really well. Hey mate what are you getting done with the torque convertor mods? Looking at getting mine from the 4l60e done want reco and beefed up who do you use, what do they charge and what do they do if you dont mind me asking thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.