This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,221 through 1,240 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Today End!

That there would be the problem….

All fixed and delivered.

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

Must of gave it a good nudge . Pretty easy job with the right gear im sure it was hassle free with the way your shed is kitted out

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
    Profile photo of

Yep all went well Summers, thanks for the advice on this one made it much easier than how I was going to do it!  :XD:

Profile photo of

Today!

Trip down to Melbourne today to grab a few bits I need for me and to visit my Trans parts supplier and collect the rebuild parts needed for the LE Trans, also getting the TC cutNcleaned and the lockup plate put back in!

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Supporter

Fixed the screwy formatting.

Profile photo of

Thanks GG  :love:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thanks GG

Nope, the old fella :)

Profile photo of

Thanks GG

Nope, the old fella :)

LOL bugger, still thanks though didn’t know if it was something at my end or not!

Profile photo of

Today!

Noticed when I picked up the VY on the weekend my ramps had an issue with low cars, they’re excavator/bobcat ramps so are usually used on a much steeper angle and there’s a raised section on the ends that was rubbing just enough to be annoying while loading, now the Lexcen is “low” I figured I better do something about it, bit of a trim with the sawzall and a blast with the TIG and problem solved.

After lunch I’ll go do and change the oil in the 3 Diff’s in the Tonner, while I’m doing that I have the 7004 draining ready to be stripped down.

Profile photo of

Today End!

Ok all 3 Diff’s in the Tonner now have fresh Oil, Pulled the Trans for the LE down no real surprises in there so all good to proceed!

Profile shot of the Lexcen, I like the new stance!

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Man there is so many bits in that trans when its pulled apart looks pretty intimidating. Im glad its you not me

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Man there is so many bits in that trans when its pulled apart looks pretty intimidating. Im glad its you not me

That’s nothing compared to how many bits there are when its fully stripped down.  Seriously, and its frightening to contemplate when you go to put it back together.  Certainly not a job for the faint hearted!!

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

It’s not even like the 350 is a complicated trans either :p

Profile photo of

LOL I’ve built a bunch of A340E Toyota 4 speed auto’s, they have at least double the parts count!!

The 700 is a bit like a 4L60E just less bits!

——–

Today!

Did a trial load so there’s no surprises come race day, also replaced my load binders as they’re getting on a bit, cut these ones down as I don’t need 9 Meters to tie the car down!

Also raised the Lexcen up a touch to make it more user friendly, while I was loading it I came to the realisation my Tow Car has far better Brakes than my Race Car…

A bit of Whale on Whale action!!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^thats a nice photos Ian, a very nice little mini collection of toys in that shot :good:

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, I’m pretty happy how it’s all coming together, at times OCD is a good thing  ;-)

Profile photo of

Today End!

Spent the morning cleaning/degreasing the 7004 Case so I could bolt it up to the block for a test fit, I can now work out the Cross Member mods needed and the room for an AC Compressor, had forgotten how easy it is to move Chrome Bumper cars on Go Jacks as you can push on the Bumpers without breaking the front of the car off!!

Just about out of both types of Degreaser I use so have to make the trip down to Melton to get more so that’s it for the day!

Profile photo of

Today!

Just been down the shed making some lift hooks for the 355 (pretty sure I loaned mine to someone when I lived in Melbourne and they never came back..)
    50 tonne press makes easy work of bending the 6mm plate

Profile photo of

Today!

Made a start on the 7004 to LE Crossmember this morning, worked out a nice neat way to do it but didn’t have a piece of material big enough to box it up, didn’t want multiple sections welded in so went into town, figured while I was there I’d go to the supermarket and grab the 2 things on my list… $200 and a bunch of bags later.. also grabbed some sushi for lunch, will go down shortly after my pineapple donut and finish the crossmember up, 39c here tomorrow so not a lot will get done.

Profile photo of

Today End!

And the engine and Trans are bolted in, anyone that’s worked on a HQ>HZ will know and hate the Fine pitch threads on the outer crossmember bolts, one of the 4 had already been stripped and replaced with a coarse pitch bolt and as it’s 40 years old the rails have had a few knocks and people jacking the car up under there so I had to pull them back into shape, also drilled and tapped the holes for some 1.25mm pitch bolts so all good!

Viewing 20 posts - 1,221 through 1,240 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.