This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,281 through 1,300 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Awesome, little strange to see a circuit race car that’s not manual.  I had assumed the box was manualised?  Its awesome btw, not meant as a criticism at all.

Profile photo of

Awesome, little strange to see a circuit race car that’s not manual. I had assumed the box was manualised? Its awesome btw, not meant as a criticism at all.

Just me being lazy Gary, haven’t gotten around to tuning the Trans properly as it’s all very early in the development cycle considering it only has 16 minutes actual race time logged now!

Those runs were all around the 400 horsepower mark as I wasn’t sure what it was going to do..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looked very predictable, how did it feel?

Profile photo of

Looked very predictable, how did it feel?

It’s a 1000x more stable then it used to be pre lowering, feels “solid” and the Grip was amazing, everyone elses runs sounded like they were driving on Dogs with the amount of tyre squeal, my thing… was just a quick drive in the country side by comparison, perfect stabNsteer car as it is!

Brakes are marginal and wouldn’t stand up to consecutive laps but I knew that when I built it, temps were perfect all day even with prolonged idling when we were having timing system issues..

Pretty damn happy with the results now it’s just some fine tuning and adjustments, engine tune is on the safe side so I think I’ll leave that be.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Congrats mate, fantastic ☺

Profile photo of

Congrats mate, fantastic ☺

Thanks Gary, I have to keep reminding myself it’s only done 16 minutes of track time in total with no off track testing so have to be ecstatic to have it where it is so soon!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Is there a track you can test out? Or is it more a paddock thing?

Profile photo of

Nah we don’t get test days…

So that 16 minutes is it and has all been “development” for me!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Might have to do some “private testing”

alternatively could you get it on a dyno and run through the gearing and get it all spot on? Least on dyno you can give it some load.

Profile photo of

Might have to do some “private testing” alternatively could you get it on a dyno and run through the gearing and get it all spot on? Least on dyno you can give it some load.

I can pretty well sort all the shifting on paper using a calculator just hasn’t been a priority till now as sorting the handling was top of the list, my first lap was 1 second faster than my mates car, usually I’m 4>8 seconds a lap behind him, my last lap was 5 seconds faster on a brand new combination so it’s a move in the right direction  :XD:

Profile photo of

Just going over the time sheets from the weekend, 1st to last run I picked up 5 seconds and was 3 seconds off the fastest car there a well prepped Monaro, I think that’s an awesome 1st effort considering it only has 4 minutes total track time on Tarmac!

Profile photo of

Today!

Still waiting on parts for the LE so I decided it was time to fix the Air Suspension on the Tonner, I’d confirmed one of the Compressors had failed and that what all the noise was last week, turns out it was the one way valve on the outlet that had failed so the poor thing was trying to run against the pressure from the other compressor…

Totally fried the Motor on it and blew the circuit breaker to bits… luckily I had a “Spare” brand new compressor there..

Took the opportunity while the Tray was off to replace a couple of stripped Nutserts.

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

Do you have a build thread for the Tonner anywhere?

Work has a manual red V8 tonner for pickups etc.

Profile photo of

Yeah there’s a huge multipage one over on the LS1 forum, the running gear that’s in the Lexcen started off in the Tonner, not sure if the pics still work though Chris..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Just going over the time sheets from the weekend, 1st to last run I picked up 5 seconds and was 3 seconds off the fastest car there a well prepped Monaro, I think that’s an awesome 1st effort considering it only has 4 minutes total track time on Tarmac!

Mate seriously congrats that’s bloody awesome.  Does Winton still do drive days every Friday, that’s when Matt used to do his FF test days.  Just maybe a chance to cut some tarmac laps and try some things?  What a bloody weapon though.

Profile photo of

Mate seriously congrats that’s bloody awesome. Does Winton still do drive days every Friday, that’s when Matt used to do his FF test days. Just maybe a chance to cut some tarmac laps and try some things? What a bloody weapon though.

Not sure Gary and thanks, the Monaro has a lot of Aero on it as well, he runs the big V8 Supercar style front splitter so I’m pretty happy getting so close on my first try! :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter
    Profile photo of

Thanks Gary!

————–

Today End!

Spent the afternoon cutting down a set of struts and installing some Koni inserts for a mate’s VE Maloo.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

.. Blued the Rotors so was pushing fairly hard, !

So will you need bigger rotors or more ducting or isnt this an issue?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,281 through 1,300 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.