This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Strick
    Strick
    Participant
    Supporter

Gday everyone, time to put up a thread on my 2005 HSV SV6000
    Model: 2005 HSV SV6000

Build no: 0024 of 50, 29 Manuals

Km’s travelled: 68 300
    Colour: HSV Devil Yellow
    Bodykit: SV6000
    Wheels: HSV Yellow Spirit 19 x 8 inch
    Engine: 6.0 litre Gen 4 LS2, Duspeed OTR, mafless tune, small cam, ported heads
    Gearbox: T56 M12 six-speed manual, Rip Shift- street
    Diff: Stock LSD with 3.9 diff gears, Harrop Sports diff cover
    Exhaust: Dual 3 inch stainless system, pacemaker 1 7/8 extractors, Powertorque muffler, Outlaw cats
    Interior: Leather with 8-way electronic front seats, yellow stitching, SV6000 logos, HSV sill plates, Hollandia 700 series sunroof
    Stereo: Pioneer 7 inch touch screen DVD with standard 10 speaker setup
    Suspension: Koni adjustable coilers, Koni yellow shocks with Pedders springs, polyurethane bushes
    Brakes: HSV / AP Premium Package: 362 x 32 mm 6 pot front, 343 x 26 mm 4 pot rear, braided brake lines
    Other: HSV DDI computer system, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
    Power: 300.1RWKW on Sonnys dyno, 299 on another
    Drag stip time: 12.8 with a terrible 60 foot, need to get some ET Streets to get a decent time

From HSV on the SV6000: The motivation for driving can take many forms. For some people it’s simply a means of getting from point A to point B. At the other end of the scale, many see the pleasure of driving as an experience to be relished and savoured.

HSV drivers no doubt fall squarely into the later category and that fits perfectly with the philosophy of Australia’s leading performance vehicle maker which aims to constantly introduce innovative new driver focused features and benefits. HSV is also the established master of exclusive, limited edition models.

Both of these elements come together in HSV’s latest niche model the SV6000. Over the years the ‘SV’ badge – followed by the year or engine displacement – has traditionally been used to signify ‘special’, limited production run models. Based on the popular Z Series ClubSport R8, the SV6000 combines HSV’s most sought after performance features and luxury appointments with individual appearance highlights and also introduces ground breaking technology in the form of a highly versatile driver aid called ‘Driver Dynamic Interface’ (DDI).
    Plans: Now retired to sitting in the shed for a while, am focusing on my R32 GTS-t Type M.

Will be changing out the head unit for the factory one. Have recently changed out the front seat HSV logo and have the leather and logo done to change out the rears.  Need to paint the wheels and front bar to get rid of the stone chips too, was enjoyed before i parked it up.

Now for some pics showing what ive done with it!

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Strick Strick.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Strick Strick.
    Profile photo of Strick
    Strick
    Participant
    Supporter

Cheers!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Strick Strick.
    Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Such an awesome looking car mate.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Wow what a machine mate :)  and I wouldn’t let those muppets near your car :P hahaha

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Great car, reckon i have seen you on the HSV forum? Love the fire extinguisher bracket, is that standard HSV or did you make it up? Any more pics of it for a different angle?

Profile photo of vnssnv
    vnssnv
    Participant
    Supporter

Damn thats an awesome looking sv6000. Has to one of my favourite hsv models.

the shed pic are they your other toys? Is that an abarth 500 in the background. They are a fun little pocket rocket.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of vnssnv vnssnv.
    Profile photo of Strick
    Strick
    Participant
    Supporter

Thanks gents, its a fantastic car.

That shed pic was from a track day at eastern creek. That was a GT3 Porsche! These are my other cars!

Yep thats me over on the HSV forum, in regards to the bracket i just made it up to fit the front bolt holes of the seat, with some foam underneath

Haha @Krooza, they didnt even stop to have a chat!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I really like that, very cool and simple idea, might pinch that one :)

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yer looks good, does it rattle by any chance? And if you wanted to hide it a bit better you could just paint it black :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Painting it black was exactly what I had in mind. Actually I was thinking maybe black vinyl covering it to make it look factory?

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

Wow were there only 50 of these? I swear I’ve seen a few punting around perth, always figured there were more. By far one if my favourites. I remember when they were new a local ‘native’ family somehow came into possession of one, absolutely destroyed it. Last time I say it it would have been no more than 3 or 4 years old, never cleaned, missing a headlight and half the front bar, every panel destroyed, rims rashed and rolling on the spare :(

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^ need an unlike button :(

Profile photo of Strick
    Strick
    Participant
    Supporter

Could be easily painted to blend in better, i just had the checker plate sitting around the shed so was perfect to use. Bit of foam underneath it so it didnt rub or destroy the mats. Doesnt rattle or move at all actually, it does fit perfectly and the “arms” where it bolts to the seat captive nuts are measured and cut near on perfectly. Plus the fire extinguisher bracket is well secured also.

Yep only 50, they did however make a few more standard VZ Clubsports and R8s in yellow, MY06 only though. Pitty if the locals did destory one! I have a register of them, either info from their current owners or old for sale adds and ive only accounted for 2 written of of the 20 odd i have found

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Love seeing pics of cars like this being used and enjoyed too. Not abused, but used for what they were built for. Nice stuff.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter

Love it! Still see it once in a blue moon when I’m back around my mums place…

How much safer do you feel having the extinguisher up the front! This is the bracket I got made which holds to the seat adjuster & blends in almost 100% (except for the big red extinguisher)…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^ Very nice also, I like how it goes back and fwd with the seat, we might have to start a “fire extinguisher mount” thread :)

Edit : decided to create a separate thread :) http://www.commodoresplus.com.au/forums/topic/ideas-for-mounting-a-fire-extinguisher/

Profile photo of Strick
    Strick
    Participant
    Supporter

6 months is far too long!

Have now registered the big girl down here in Melbourne, couldnt resist no driving it anymore!!

New daily driver too, HSV XUV number 211. Im the second owner and have replaced the Landcruiser as daily and tow rig. Fantastic car, easy to drive everyday. Have done a Manta exhaust, VCM OTR and engine/gearbox tune. Spot on:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lovely, maybe a new thread for the XUV?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

The XUV is a nice clean bit of gear, haven’t had a visit from the 6000 yet!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.