This topic contains 297 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Surfwagon Surfwagon 7 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Do you know what cam is in it? Tony will get that thing moving I’m sure!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Supposed to be a COME CSBR436. Power is all over by 5300. When he hurt it at powercruise maybe it had something to do with the cam and as a consequence of work done the cam timing is out.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

I remember looking at this thing on muscle car sales thinking that power output is not right seems miles too high.  Shame you have had dramas with it mate hope it all works out for you

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Supposed to be a COME CSBR436. Power is all over by 5300. When he hurt it at powercruise maybe it had something to do with the cam and as a consequence of work done the cam timing is out.

Its prob making 400 ish HP at the fly with that cam.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of

TK said the same. Oh well like and learn. Will pull it out in July for much more fasts.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

rather then pulling it out. Just put a bigger cam.

Profile photo of

Relying on TK’s advice. That is unless we know exactly what the specs of the motor are it could be a recipe for disaster.  I’d rather know what the setup is to be honest. If its still a 2 bolt setup (likely) go to 4 bolt, more headwork, bigger cam, more comp etc.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

But you know what crate motor it is don’t you?

All comes down to budget in the end.

Profile photo of

The reality is I have no proof of anything that is in the motor other than words mate.

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

What gear box you got in this ??

Just be aware if you want power it will all become very expensive, if it’s a entry level come engine and you want a 500-550 hp nearly all of it will be useless beside the crank and a few pieces

how much are thinking of spending on it ??

and what heads are on it ??

Profile photo of

Whatever it costs to make decent power. It’s got a t56 behind it so won’t have any box dramas.

apparently come bracketmaster heads

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I dare say it will be there entry level 383 motor.

Comp won’t be massive and it will be there ported cast heads.

Could be as cheap as milling heads to increase comp and throw in a bump stick to suit.

All depends what u want out of it. Like manta said (name blank), with

bigger power comes a lot of extra costs. T56 might be good, but is the clutch…

it all all spirals out of control. Hahah

Profile photo of

Was told the comp was 10.5:1. See what we find when when its in pieces.  I’d like an all day every day 400rwhp. TK can deliver that blindfolded standing on one leg with both hands tied behind his back. Costs what it costs I guess.

Profile photo of sv89#170
    sv89#170
    Participant

It’s not an ls t56 tho only a 215i borgwarner t56 I had lined up to buy the current box from glenn as he was upgrading to the ls style and strapping on CPCs vortech v7 setup from his parted out vr senator build but that obviously fell through lol

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

I’ll be the one to say the only way to make 400rwhp in a all day every day driver car is with boost

making a holden based 500hp engine to be user friendly just isn’t possible

it will have a massive solid cam in the 250s range, it wont make any power till 3000rpm and keep on goin till 6800rpm

99% chance its goin to to rip your clutch to pieces

spring pressures at the hp are huge and solid lifters don’t last a life time, it produces mass heat and all round a 500hp holden engine will absolutly hate just driving the streets as a daily and will just want to hit rpm and just carnt do that on the streets and keep a licence at the same time

It’s verging on drag car engine in a street car and many people have said iv done it but they are really just trying to convince them selves they have done it because it’s not fun after a while exspecially in a manual

do boost of about 7-8psi and all of a sudden you have a friendly hydrolic cam something similar to how yours behaves now and is user friendly and is nice to deal with and has better street user rpm range

I know it sounds great having a cranky of it’s head engine, but on the street it really isnt and anyone with one will say the same

simple rebuild and blower or turbo if you want 400rwhp in a daily driver

Profile photo of

T56 is strong as an ox. Won’t break it unless being an absolute retard. I am absolutely not worried about the box. Clutch will likely need an upgrade.

manta – TK says he can build me a 600hp e85 motor with a hydraulic cam that can be driven around on the street no problems. He is the guru and I trust him above all others.

Not sure where I’ve said or indicated this is a daily driver? It’s a toy. I take it out, thrash it then put it away till I feel like driving it next.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^ I recon your onto it Pete.  Only thing I would say is big cubes make realtively easy horsepower for the street as well as boost.  Maybe one of those holden blocks I saw that you can take out to 400+ Cubes maybe is an option unless you want to go LS of course  :scratch:

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

I’d like an all day every day 400rwhp.

^^^ right there is where you said you wanted a all day every day driver

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

manta – TK says he can build me a 600hp e85 motor with a hydraulic cam that can be driven around on the street no problems.  

ok buddy this is absolute crap and if you believe it your just as silly

At 600hp your talking come alloy heads extensively worked in the $5k price tag

13:0.1 comp

a solid cam in the 260-268 range with 0.600+ lift with a rpm range of 4500-8000

a vac pump and evey thing port matched and extensively worked to work in perfection

your cast crank will probley snap after a while, some of the best H beam rod and forged pistons breaching on the custom made end of the market

paying someone to do this will be a $20+k plus adventure and your GRPA manifold might not do it (I dont know that part but I’m guessing it has limit somewhere)

your talking hi rise torque power and 2000cfm throttle body out the bonnet territory

You carnt just magically make a holden engine 600hp and user friendly

i have a mate with a 600hp holden engine and know what’s envolved in doin so and it’s not a walk In The park

i have had a blowen 355 engine with 7psi make 600hp engine and 500 at the treads and even that’s not easy to do

please don’t take offence to this I’m just been honest

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I know Tk is the man, so no way is what I am saying anything other than a genuine question, or my opinion. Your saying 600, I assume you mean at the crank.  That is one small part of the story, especially for a streeter. Two cars can both make 600 totally differently. My car makes 80% of max torque at 2,000 rpm. Another engine might make same power but be peaky as shit and a pig to drive, which is what Pete is talking about. Then you need to factor in lag, I know turbo guys say it’s cured, I say bs, it’s better not cured. You will never beat the throttle reponce of a big cube na ITb or good carby motor, full stop period. But it all comes down to what you want, how much you want to spend, how long you want it to last, and how often you will drive it.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.