This topic contains 297 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Surfwagon Surfwagon 7 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Whole new dizzy going in on Saturday. Fingers crossed we’ll find the problem via process of elimination soon enough.

That’s the way to do it buddy, good luck post up when you find out what it was.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Brought it home tonight. Started idling high with the jumpy speedo as I pulled into the garage. FML

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Kick it.

Thats what I do when shits playing up. Very therapeutic.

But it kick the wheel. Kicking panels cost money.

Profile photo of

Lol feel like it

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

You know how to bring up the fault codes by using a paper clip? Just count the engine light flashes. If idle etc is all over the place sounds like a sensor on the blink.

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of

Yeah will do it this weekend. I’m seriously considering just pulling the engine out and stripping it to find out the specs of it.

Profile photo of

So new sensors and pulled the dizzy cap off had a look at everything. Checked timing all spot on. No error codes shown.

After I put a new map sensor on it seems to drive a lot smoother and goes heaps better. I’m thinking this may have been the culprit. Will try and get it on a dyno ASAP.

Profile photo of KAL SPL
    KAL SPL
    Participant

While it’s out ….

Profile photo of

Going in for haltech tomorrow. Throw this delco in the bin.

Profile photo of sv89#170
    sv89#170
    Participant

Love this car had the pleasure of seeing it in the flesh and I’m glad glenn sold it to someone who is going to look after it not good about your issues you’ve been having tho I can tell you this thing didn’t go too bad against a great deal of cars at powercruise hope you get it sorted soon anyway and continue to improve it

Profile photo of Wogan01
    Wogan01
    Participant

Just had a read of the 1st page/saw pics…

Gotta say that looks to be the cleanest example of a VN I have personally ever seen! Absolutely MINT. I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.

~~R.I.P VT SS S1 9C1 ~~
    ...:::::VB 253 SL on the road to being a street cruiser:::::...

Profile photo of

Love this car had the pleasure of seeing it in the flesh and I’m glad glenn sold it to someone who is going to look after it not good about your issues you’ve been having tho I can tell you this thing didn’t go too bad against a great deal of cars at powercruise hope you get it sorted soon anyway and continue to improve it

I’ve put a lot of effort into it already (correcting the paint and fixing little things) and plan to keep it for a long while. Eventually it will get a full re-spray and undercarriage detail.

Profile photo of

So at this stage it seems like the motor is just nowhere near as strong as I was led to believe. Every single thing has been checked and it will just not make anything over 310rwhp. Seems the cam is just too small to go anywhere near the 390rwhp promised.

Pretty upset as you can imagine as I didn’t want to be pulling the motor out to build it to make the power I paid for.

Nonetheless it is what it is. Will be sent off to Knight race engines in Adelaide in a few months.

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

But you said it had clearly lost power and could notice it and when you put it on dyno it was 305rwhp

Does it feel any better ?? Does it drive as nice and at what rpm is peak power ??

Dyno graph please

Profile photo of VPGTS76
    VPGTS76
    Participant
    Supporter

My 2 cents.

1. If ur tuner could only get 5hp when tuning compared to come single throttle tune sack him and find a real tuner

2. Biggest issue with grp a intake is air box. Install lp intake and u will gain 20 – 30 Hp…

How could it have lost power and then only gained 5 Hp????

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yes

It had a come of the shelf chip didn’t it

A custom tune should of yielded a decent gain over the come single throttle body of the shelf tune

I’m not convinced you found your problem yet

Not saying it should definetly have 390rwhp but something doesn’t seam to add up

Did you ever do the comp and leak down test ??

Did you replace leads and spark plugs and stuff ??

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

From what I’m told buy people who have seen and heard this car. It doesn’t have that bark that a 390rwhp car has.

Sadly i I think you were “had”. There’s no special this or special tweaking of that. This is evident by my comment earlier. MPH DOESNT LIE

A custom tune doesn’t make more power if the motor isn’t capable of.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of

Is what it is. Perkins intake won’t make 20-30hp when without an airbox it made 2rwhp more.

Considering Dale at castle hill performance is tuning it there is nothing more in it. He’s still trying things but I am not expecting a huge increase.

Tony from knight race engines also listened to it over the phone and he described it as a pussy cat and no way has a cam big enough to make much more than it is.

As much as I hate to say it I think I just got used to the power and stickier tyres mean less wheelspin.

It did go nicer with a new map sensor but that has obviously only made it drive nicer not make any more peak power.

Its making max power at 5300.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Live and learn. It’s not a big deal anyway. It’s still a GOOD motor. Just not as powerful as you thought

Dale and Tony are 2 of the best in their business in SA.

Too many experts…

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

<p style=”box-sizing: border-box; word-wrap: break-word; margin-top: 0px; color: #555555; font-family: Oxygen, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px;”>As much as I hate to say it I think I just got used to the power and stickier tyres mean less wheelspin.</p>
    could be right.TK is a clever man,love reading about the stuff he does.

not many good people on delco these days,their mostly moved on,Dave at SAS at silverwater is real good,Castle hill have heard of them(pretty sure young bloke at work knows him,ill ask him tomorrow)he got many runs on the board?not bagin them just never dealt with them.2 bolt holden 383 not a big rever more big torque.

a lot in your comment too,got mate with a blown injected 383 chev in 4link tubbed LH,made a lazy 62orwhp fresh,took it back 3 months later saying felt slugish(yeah right) on same dyno made 640rwhp.20 more,poor bloke.haha

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.