HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVT – VX – VY – VZRiches 98′ VT Exec – VX SS kitted

This topic contains 105 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Richard Richard 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

I’m a sparky so i drive all over adelaide but mainly the eastern suburbs. O guess my point is what do you NEED the footage for? Sure there are plenty of poor drivers but no need/use to film them? I was wondering if popr rich gets hit and run alot or something?

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter

I’m a sparky so i drive all over adelaide but mainly the eastern suburbs. O guess my point is what do you NEED the footage for? Sure there are plenty of poor drivers but no need/use to film them? I was wondering if popr rich gets hit and run alot or something?

More do to protect myself in the case of someone doing something dumb & trying blame me for it…

Another step towards moving towards 3rd party fire & theft insurance,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter
    Open day for my mates workshop..
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Richard Richard.
    Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter
    Got my modified corner box & sub back from Greg @ ASR… Man is an absolute genius whilst being the nicest guy & a great source of information.
    Anyways – corner sub was worth the wait!
    Here’s some build shots, basically extra depth had to be added due to my type R 15′ having any extra deep magnet – once he sorted that he re-glassed & carpeted the box… Magic!
    Final product all carpeted below!
    Also, finally picked up my extractors!
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Richard Richard.
    Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter
    Decided to bite the bullet & install a ton of stuff I’d be accumulating in my garage which included:
    – boot struts
    – new hvac
    – leather shifter & handbrake
    – leather console
    – Stato pop open drink holder.
    Was concerned about doing the shifter but I made sure I took my time & organised things carefully so all went well.
    This picture makes me happy, as I’ve always sucked at doing stuff like this myself but my confidence is growing – next thing to learn, soldering & maybe simple wiring?
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Looking Good Rich  :good:

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter
    Sooooo things have been a little quiet lately on the car front, which has meant nothing has broken… Yet
    But I finally sourced the last piece of my exhaust! Now just need to pull my finger out & fit it up
    Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Good stuff on finding the last piece of the puzzle, Rich!

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

I was reading through this thread, and was honestly thinking “the only thing that lets the look of this car down is the rubbish exhaust tips, otherwise everything else is really clean and well done”.

It turns out you’re one step ahead of me :)

Well done on this build for not going over the top on gay bodykits or 20 inch chrome dinner plates :)

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter
    So, a week out from getting the car all sorted I had an epic breakdown… Which I managed to limp to the mechanic thinking it was a coilpack….. But no, it wasn’t..
    Notice something missing?
    Yep, broken valve Spring & valve somewhere smashed into the piston… Seized engine!
    So Hayden from HC Mechanical is hooking me up with a low k’s Eco and sorting out the rest of my list of things to do…
    In the mean time I gave the rest of the exhaust a hit with the wire brush & a coat of high heat paint… Really happy with the result…
    • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Bugger sorry to hear mate, its these set backs that make it so much better when its all done and your cruzing.

Hows the sub box going?

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter

Bugger sorry to hear mate, its these set backs that make it so much better when its all done and your cruzing.

Hows the sub box going?

Sub box is an absolute dream! Just need to sort something out to 100% lock it in place…

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

In my old vt i used some turn buckles to hold my sub box in, worked a treat and easy to move if needed.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter

So not much has been happening, hit a roo the other week – not that badly but  I will need a new bonnet… That is all

Profile photo of SIRV8
    SIRV8
    Participant

always loved this beast. excellent example of  neat and tidy

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter
    New wheels! Nothing super special but VE International with double whitewalls came out mint IMO!
    Also, drivers door handle popped out of alignment under the door trim so whilst fixing that I installed my suede bits including new door trim! Just need to sort out the courtesy light..
    Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter
    Washed 10 years worth of grime off the inner wheel wells on the SS wheels to get them ready for retirement – so clean!
    Also, fitted the passenger glovebox, carpeted footwell kick panel & door trim. Just waiting on delivery of the passenger tunnel suede piece. So subtle but so nice.
    Profile photo of SIRV8
    SIRV8
    Participant

Suede bits looks good. I am in need of some door trims with the suede aswell to finish off mine,

keep up the great work.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter
    New floor mats done
    Suede seat backs installed (needs one extra clip)
    Also, got all OCD about the rear inner guard liners not fitting the SS bumper properly so I ordered in the proper ones from Holden.
    Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter
    New cluster, all blue LEDs removed, new Alpine CarPlay headunit installed, courtesy lights hooked up & gauges moved down.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Richard Richard.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Richard Richard.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.