HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVT – VX – VY – VZRiches 98′ VT Exec – VX SS kitted

This topic contains 105 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Richard Richard 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter

Polished alternator next?

Probably when I upgrade to the higher spec alternator

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter

So radiator decided to kill its plastic end tank! Replaced it with a nice full alloy Fenix radiator ($330) & decided to do water pump at the same time but I’ve never replaced it on THIS engine… feel much more confident with both of these replaced before summer starts.

New photos from Cars Under the Stars this past weekend – purdy.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Very nice pics.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter

Quick update from November:
    – Replaced IAC valve & cleaned out my TB & area with Nulon top end cleaner – Seems to have fixed a majority of my misfire which I’m super greatful for.

– Replaced the heater tap again as it seemed to have split… again

– Replaced top powersteering Jose as the old one was clapped out.

– Replaced all of the clamps on my intake to proper T-Clamps which look so much nicer & have a much better clamping space.

————-

Front tyres were shagged so whilst waiting for tyres I thought I’d give my semi-slicks a run for a week or so…. think they are past their best days but damn they looked cool.

Photos of pretty Clamps from my last post.

Gearbox got a good service & decent decent knocked out of the pan 😱 – downside of daily driving a low car. All painted and prettied up.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice work, you obviously take a lot of pride in the old girl.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant
    Supporter

Still plotting along…

Hit up eastern creek (Sydney international dragway) for a crack at the 1/4 mile … I could only manage a PB of 16.6 but it was a good night & its probably something I’ll do every 3-6 months for shits and giggles (white SS ran 12.9 & red one ran 13.1’s all night)

Also, my whitewaller has closed up shop so I needed a set of wheels/tyres without walls & these came up for $50 so I couldn’t argue (need 2 tyres & some polishing but they will do for the moment

Also have preparing the car for a track day late next week @ Luddenham Raceway – should be good fun… Softening up & semi slicks & re-doing the lettering on the tyres. Also replaced a couple oil pressure switch, front pads & general service & tighten up of suspension etc

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.