HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLHeron's VK SL Build – LS3, TH400, Sleeper Style

This topic contains 905 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Heron SSV Heron SSV 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 906 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Thanks IJ, I suppose I’ll add it to the list.

Small update, the sparky has redone the engine loom and tidied it up, re-ran the starter cables to the correct side, and re-wrapped it all. Looks neat:

Diff is done and is being sent today. Upper arms will be sent later cause they’re waiting for stock.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looks sweet mate, very neat indeed!!

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

wow looking sweet , mannnn I just won’t an lsa to put in my vh :-(

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer.
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Cheers fellas. Judge – I’d love to be looking at an LSA in my bay, but at the moment I’d go for anything that’ll run haha

Caught up with the sparky again yesterday to drop of a few bits and pieces. He was in the middle of making the rear half of the loom and sorting out the parts for the fuse rail and stuff to move onto the dash. He said it might be done by Christmas or a little after, he’s had a few cars he’s done previously come back for some extras before the Nats.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Finally….

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

woo hoo

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

get it in so we can see it :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Heron SSV
    Participant

get it in so we can see it

Thats the plan over the Chrissy break, as long as the car’s back from the sparky.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Supercheap have a 2 day sale on at the moment so i grabbed some fluids. Got 10 litres of Penrite HPR 5 5W-40, 8 litres of Penrite DX-III trans fluid, Ryco oil filter and 6 litres of Nulon coolant for 200 bucks. All except the filter was 30% off.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Boxing Day sale on at Supercheap, grabbed some DBA T2 slotted front rotors and Bendix pads for $218, they had 30% off everything in store. Wanted to grab some rear discs and pads as well but they don’t have the older stuff in store, has to be ordered in. The rears aren’t too pricey so I’ll grab them in a week or two when I put the diff in

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice, parts list coming together :good:

Heron SSV
    Participant

Dropped in to see the sparky on Monday. He’s made some progress but still not finished. the ECU is  mounted up under the dash on the passenger footwell above the kick panel, the fuse box for the engine harness is mounted up under the dash behind the glove box, he replaced the relays and wiring on for the thermo fan and fuel pump to higher amp/thicker gauge, ran the headlight harness in and tucked the wiring up under the guards so it’s hidden, also added a plug on the end where it pops out, ran the taillight harness, added an LED light for the boot, ran speaker wiring to the boot and into the doors, he also ran wiring and a small hose into the boot so i can mount the washer bottle in there instead of the bay. he’s moving onto the dash now, hopefully it’ll be done around the end of next week.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

little progress is good progress

Heron SSV
    Participant

Indeed it is, every little bit helps.

On a side note, just bought another bonnet off a VK for a hundred bucks. I think my one is going to be a lot of work trying to get the cowl mounted and fill the trim holes on the front edge (it was off a VH). I’ll strip this one back and leave it stock. For now haha.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Still no car. The drivers side of the dash is done, new fuse box mounted, gotta do the rest of the dash and run the battery cables. Baby steps.

The new bonnet needs some work, but it doesn’t have any rust or holes. It has a couple of small dents that will need either some massaging or bog, or both, but other than that it’s better than the other one

Heron SSV
    Participant

Wiring is finally done. Gonna try and pick it up Sat morning, depending on the weather.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Nice so whats it need now? Its going to be seriously fast with a ls3 in it.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Nice so whats it need now? Its going to be seriously fast with a ls3 in it.

I’ve got to swap the rear end out, measure and order a tail shaft, run brake lines, mount the calipers, new discs and pads, run a fuel line, remove, clean and paint the tank, mount the regulator, mount the trans cooler and run the lines, mount the radiator and thermo, get a battery, get a washer bottle, get an overflow tank, airbox and intake pipe (probably a Mace setup), plus more little things along the way that i cant think of right now haha. Should be turn key from a wiring perspective though, once i do the trans cooler, fuel tank and line, and radiator, i should be able to start it in the garage and annoy the neighbours.

It should get up and boogy, 3.9 gears and a 4k stall, will be pretty tail happy when i give it a bootfull

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So a week ends work then ;-)

Heron SSV
    Participant

So a week ends work then

haha yeah pretty much. Gonna try and pull the diff out over the weekend, need to sell it to get some spare coin to spend on more stuff, the missus isn’t too impressed with how much the wiring cost so have to keep a low profile haha

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 906 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.