HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLGMVL86 | 10.50 @ 129mph, Ls2, Vic Jr, Th350, 58oo Stall, Willwoods

This topic contains 357 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 359 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

What’s it like to drive on the street with the converter? I’ve gotta order a converter and need to figure out what stall speed to get.

Its killer on the street man. Nice and loose. Easy to maintain speed etc

What made you go with the 5800 stall? Is it suited to your cam?

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Congrats on the 10 sec timeslip dude…very envious!

Was thinking mph was high for the time,good to know there is more left in it OR could give it some giggle go greedy for a 9 lol

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

What’s it like to drive on the street with the converter? I’ve gotta order a converter and need to figure out what stall speed to get.

Its killer on the street man. Nice and loose. Easy to maintain speed etc

What made you go with the 5800 stall? Is it suited to your cam?

The motor went 10.6 @ 129 in fstgmh red vk. Converter was at 5400, little bit tight.  Used to flash to 4800. So needed more. Plus 60′ was up the shit at something like 1.65

And yes does suit the cam 237/248 @110

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Congrats on the 10 sec timeslip dude…very envious! Was thinking mph was high for the time,good to know there is more left in it OR could give it some giggle go greedy for a 9 lol

Should go 10.4 with that mph.

Just need the converter to flash to like 6000rpm and 60′ like a boss.

1.62 in the 60 isnt anything to rave about but its not bad for a first time out.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Thanks mate. I’m doing a similar conversion, LS3 and TH400 into a VK, although with a stock motor, and seeing a similar combo helps sort out a few things.

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Thanks mate. I’m doing a similar conversion, LS3 and TH400 into a VK, although with a stock motor, and seeing a similar combo helps sort out a few things.

Theres a few things you have to take into consideration, have to space the gearbox down 8mm so the pipes dont hit the floor. Wether you will run a cell and do all the plumbing to suit if you are going cammed and stuff later on, manual rack (v8 & 6cyl have the same rack and intermediate shaft in a vk), plus a few other odds and ends

Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

Congrats on the time, must be happy with that. Doing the some combo so might have to drop in to Casey and get matt to look at mine. Couple of things for you. What size injectors, where did you get your trans crossmember from and what starter relocator did you install
    What’s the next plan for it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Seen this at Holden nats on weekend. It’s so much nicer then any photos here portray.

Sounded killer and ran a bundle of 10’s all weekend. Was great to meet you also.

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Congrats on the time, must be happy with that. Doing the some combo so might have to drop in to Casey and get matt to look at mine. Couple of things for you. What size injectors, where did you get your trans crossmember from and what starter relocator did you install What’s the next plan for it?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man,

Matt has gotten out of the trade working on cars and into industrial working on trucks and that.

Pop in and see Pete at Casey. Tell him I sent you. He is a gentleman.

Vcm 60 pound injectors

lowe fab (aka muscle garage) trans mount and crossmember

Castlemaine Rod Shop starter relocater kit.

We got some data from the Holden Nationals where I ran a 10.63 @ 132mph, 1.52 in the 60′ on that run.

Needs 4.11 diff gears instead of the 3.9’s i have now and more stall speed.

That will come over the winter break and come out to play at PCM (Performance Car Mania).

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Seen this at Holden nats on weekend. It’s so much nicer then any photos here portray. Sounded killer and ran a bundle of 10’s all weekend. Was great to meet you also.

You’re a gentleman man, was good to put a face to the name finally haha.

10.63 @132mph, 1.52 in the 60′ on that pass was the best run of the day and a pb at that!

More stall speed and 4.11 gears to come over the winter break.

Hopefully your vs may make an appearance there next year

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Seen this at Holden nats on weekend. It’s so much nicer then any photos here portray. Sounded killer and ran a bundle of 10’s all weekend. Was great to meet you also.

You’re a gentleman man, was good to put a face to the name finally haha. 10.63 @132mph, 1.52 in the 60′ on that pass was the best run of the day and a pb at that! More stall speed and 4.11 gears to come over the winter break. Hopefully your vs may make an appearance there next year

i hope soo man. Was a great weekend racing. Good to meet some people and cars. It’s funny how everyone is associated with forum names and carS LOL

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

You’re a gentleman man, was good to put a face to the name finally haha. 10.63 @132mph, 1.52 in the 60′ on that pass was the best run of the day and a pb at that! More stall speed and 4.11 gears to come over the winter break. Hopefully your vs may make an appearance there next year

i hope soo man. Was a great weekend racing. Good to meet some people and cars. It’s funny how everyone is associated with forum names and carS LOL

Ridiculous isnt it haha. Everybody know everybody in the car scene.

Without tooting my own horn at car shoe i always get the ‘hey, i saw this on commodores plus forum’

So it is pretty cool Gary has made this forum very active unlike sc.

No such thing as 6 degrees of separation anymore hahaa

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Agree, when I finally meet someone off here its a bit of a buzz.  Still a little pissed the way SC died, I would have happily taken it over and it would have kept all the bloody info on there, why they instead decided to just let it die is a mystery to me.  I would have happily renamed it if they didn’t want to somehow be associated with it.  Anyhow SC is dead long live CP, some very bloody cool builds and info on here already really.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

4.00 mark

Heron SSV
    Participant

Again at 5.16

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

That Sandman sounds wicked too.

Funny that even when meet peeps off a forum you still call them by username in person haha

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Again at 5.16

That was my mate Trent in the gold torana that chopped me up.

He wanted to race me off the trailor haha

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

That Sandman sounds wicked too. Funny that even when meet peeps off a forum you still call them by username in person haha

That sandman was off the chain man.

Killer car.

Haha Cava called me Brent, such a gentleman.

Was great to put a face to the name 👍

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Agree, when I finally meet someone off here its a bit of a buzz. Still a little pissed the way SC died, I would have happily taken it over and it would have kept all the bloody info on there, why they instead decided to just let it die is a mystery to me. I would have happily renamed it if they didn’t want to somehow be associated with it. Anyhow SC is dead long live CP, some very bloody cool builds and info on here already really.

i agree man, it really sucks.

But what you have made here is a credit to you, it’ll be the goto place for years to come #commodoresplus

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

i agree man, it really sucks. But what you have made here is a credit to you, it’ll be the goto place for years to come #commodoresplus

Cheers, very happy with the quality of members and rides on here, so much good info already and growing.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.