HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLGMVL86 | 10.50 @ 129mph, Ls2, Vic Jr, Th350, 58oo Stall, Willwoods

This topic contains 357 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 359 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

This year im focusing my time and money into building the Vl I have wanted to build for years.

My car is a 1986 Unmolestered Vl Berlina in Alpine white with cerulean trim, 3.0 rb30 and 4 speed jatco gearbox with a drum rear end.

It is getting a Ls2 with stock bottom end, Ported Ls3 heads 10.9:1 comp, lunati t bar lifters, rollmaster timing chain, 237/248 @110lsa cam, Lunatti double valve springs, edelbrock vic jr manifold, efi hardware 1000 cfm throttle body & vcm 60lb injectors.

Backed with a th350 gearbox.

I havn’t decided on diff or stall converter yet.

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Hey mate good to see you on here. Keen to see progress

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Holy crap how did i miss this.  Love the sound of this.  I had a 5l VL back in the day.  One of the nicest Commies ever I reckon, and an LS swap like you have planned will be awesome.  Def keep us posted.  Btw i did a write up a while back on LS swaps into Commodores, its specific to VR/S but a lot of it is also relevant to VL if you haven’t  read it yet?

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Sands_vs: Such a gentleman haha, thanks. How you been bro? I’ve had an account for a while now, just been caught up doing other things as you can see haha. Coming to all Holden day this year?

VRSenator065: Haha, i always planned to do it on the sc forum. actually doing it now though! I havn’t seen your thread yet. I’ll suss it out as i’m still undecided about the whole left hand starter relocation kit. And. when i say that, i mean, castlemaine rod shop are hopeless at getting back to me haha. it’s all fun and games!

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Got a few things this week. Some arn’t pictured because i was lazy and didn’t get a picture before it went into storage!

>Ls2 coil relocation brackets [for under the dash]

>Vl manual steering rack with intermediate shaft

>Vl b&m shifter drop box [lowe fabrications]

>Rb30 kframe to ls engine mounts [lowe fabrications]

>th350 transmission mount [lowe fabrications]

>vl th350 cross member [lowe fabrications]

>th350 to borg warner tailshaft

>Vs series 3 brake booster & new master cyl

>Headers back twin 3″ exhaust with diff dumpers for events

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    Attachments:
    Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

I picked this bad boy up today :whistle:

Attachments:
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looks like its making some power, specs?

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

Nice  just some advice  if your planing on street driving a bit get a temp controller for that water  pump or an in line thermostat or youll never get to propper running temp for an ls :good:

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

VRSenator065: Engine made 577hp/430kw on Powerhouse Engines dyno in Warragul, Victoria.

Ls2 stock bottom end, Ls3 ported heads [10.9:1] , Vcm 237/248 @110lsa cam, rollmaster timing chain, lunati t bars, edelbrock vic jr manifold, efi hardware 1000 cfm throttle body, 60lb injectors

Capssy: Appreciate the advice mate. Cheers! Temp controller would be the go i recon.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Please run an adjustable alternator bracket, so you dont need to run any other pulleys. I bought one from America for mine. But just sold it because I’m now going front and mid engine plates and it wouldn’t fit with that.

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

if your interested im removing my adjustable bracket soon to go back to full length belt for the charger if your not in a huge rush also only had it chromed recently

sands vs
    Participant

Sands_vs: Such a gentleman haha, thanks. How you been bro? I’ve had an account for a while now, just been caught up doing other things as you can see haha. Coming to all Holden day this year? 

Been good mate yeah I will be there, disappointing that for another year vs wont be ready to show but you get that. Always a work in progress.

This thing will be fun with a ls.. Getting it engineered?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Few more conversion parts in the mail today. Currently still waiting on a sprag for my th350 from summit racing

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    Attachments:
    Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Please run an adjustable alternator bracket, so you dont need to run any other pulleys. I bought one from America for mine. But just sold it because I’m now going front and mid engine plates and it wouldn’t fit with that.

if your interested im removing my adjustable bracket soon to go back to full length belt for the charger if your not in a huge rush also only had it chromed recently

Cheers fellas, really appreciate the advice! I really do :) .

I already have one that came with the motor & alternator thats raw billet. I’m only running a small belt off the balancer for the alternator which i assume you fellas have run :good:

Been good mate yeah I will be there, disappointing that for another year vs wont be ready to show but you get that. Always a work in progress. This thing will be fun with a ls.. Getting it engineered?

Are you still going to have a squizz? you’ll see the vl there for the last time as a rb30 haha :yahoo:

this thing with be insane with the 6L man. I’ll be doing all the right things to get it engineered but i wont be getting done though. cbf haha.

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Got invited to a car show at the Carribean Garden and Markets night market about 2 weeks ago. Vl was on point

Attachments:
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Come on buddy, get onto photobucket so old eyes like mine can check out your pics easier ;-)

sands vs
    Participant

\Are you still going to have a squizz? you’ll see the vl there for the last time as a rb30 haha this thing with be insane with the 6L man. I’ll be doing all the right things to get it engineered but i wont be getting done though. cbf haha.

Yeah I will be going for sure to have a look only.  Hoping to have it good enough to enter next year

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Come on buddy, get onto photobucket so old eyes like mine can check out your pics easier

i need a crash course please haha

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

\Are you still going to have a squizz? you’ll see the vl there for the last time as a rb30 haha this thing with be insane with the 6L man. I’ll be doing all the right things to get it engineered but i wont be getting done though. cbf haha.

Yeah I will be going for sure to have a look only. Hoping to have it good enough to enter next year

I look forward to seeing it man!!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Come on buddy, get onto photobucket so old eyes like mine can check out your pics easier

i need a crash course please haha

That’s why I wrote this ;-)

Posting Images Using Photobucket & Attachments

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.