HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLGMVL86 | 10.50 @ 129mph, Ls2, Vic Jr, Th350, 58oo Stall, Willwoods

This topic contains 357 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 341 through 359 (of 359 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

The have had The coil mounts shaved, like mine, looking fine :good:

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

WHO does the shaving? They turned out great. Wouldn’t mind doing mine. If that’s the case

Profile photo of Renno
    Renno
    Participant

WHO does the shaving? They turned out great. Wouldn’t mind doing mine. If that’s the case

You can easily do it yourself Cav. You just need to grind off the posts and then either weld up or use a high-temp epoxy to fill the little divots left behind. I had mine welded up and then used JB-Weld to fill in any imperfections as it has a temperature rating of 290°C.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Just catching back up on the forum, cars looking schmick!!  I was think Red Centre Nats as its relatively easy for me to get too, and just going by the social media posts seems they are a bit more cruisy about letting people have some fun.  But yes, def have to get across to catch up with you guys on the east coast, in a big way….

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

You can easily do it yourself Cav. You just need to grind off the posts and then either weld up or use a high-temp epoxy to fill the little divots left behind. I had mine welded up and then used JB-Weld to fill in any imperfections as it has a temperature rating of 290°C.

Mine is just ppg deltron epoxy, ppg enviroprime high fill, ppg enviroprime surfacer g7 and 2 coats of ppg deltron gloss black.

very straight forward.

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Just catching back up on the forum, cars looking schmick!! I was think Red Centre Nats as its relatively easy for me to get too, and just going by the social media posts seems they are a bit more cruisy about letting people have some fun. But yes, def have to get across to catch up with you guys on the east coast, in a big way….

haha fair call man! tbh i dont really know a whole lot about it. other than street machine frothing adam rogashs vk through the maccas drive through.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Mine is just ppg deltron epoxy, ppg enviroprime high fill, ppg enviroprime surfacer g7 and 2 coats of ppg deltron gloss black. very straight forward.

Had a look at my covers and realised they are different to the ls1’s. Would be a tonne of work involved in getting them smooth. Might just lash out on some billet covers.

Profile photo of Renno
    Renno
    Participant

Mine is just ppg deltron epoxy, ppg enviroprime high fill, ppg enviroprime surfacer g7 and 2 coats of ppg deltron gloss black. very straight forward.

Yeah, once I got mine welded up I thought It would of been easier to just slap some epoxy in the holes… :facepalm:

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Yeah, once I got mine welded up I thought It would of been easier to just slap some epoxy in the holes…

you are thinking of epoxy eurothane aka sikaflex

expoxy is a high strength etch primer with anti corrosive properties.

good for heat and stuff thatll be around oil

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Had a look at my covers and realised they are different to the ls1’s. Would be a tonne of work involved in getting them smooth. Might just lash out on some billet covers.

i think edelbrock have a new generation style covers in black. youll have to message scott mccafferty where he bought his.

Profile photo of Renno
    Renno
    Participant

you are thinking of epoxy eurothane aka sikaflex expoxy is a high strength etch primer with anti corrosive properties. good for heat and stuff thatll be around oil

Any issues with filling the holes with expoxy? Like cracking or shrinking overtime?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

i think edelbrock have a new generation style covers in black. youll have to message scott mccafferty where he bought his.

his are Bliss.

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

you are thinking of epoxy eurothane aka sikaflex expoxy is a high strength etch primer with anti corrosive properties. good for heat and stuff thatll be around oil

Any issues with filling the holes with expoxy? Like cracking or shrinking overtime?

I didnt fill them up with epoxy?

read post: February 7, 2018 at 6:10 pm

they were welded

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Bdj_007 Bdj_007.
    Profile photo of Renno
    Renno
    Participant

I didnt fill them up with epoxy? they were welded

Ah now I get it.

Going by your original post it sounded to me like you just filled the holes with PPG Deltron Expoxy and then high filled over the top of them. Which in turn made me wonder about shrinking / cracking as you mentioned expoxy is just an etch primer.

Makes A LOT more sense now haha.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Renno Renno.
    Profile photo of DESAM8
    DESAM8
    Participant

Hey mate sweet ride and conversion absolutely love it just got a question for u did u have any issues fitting the th350 in the tunnel I’ve heard a few mixed reports of wat people have said also not a lot of info out there about it

keen to start my conversion this year

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Got my Spicer gears back from HPSF [high performance surface finishing] in Carrum Downs and they came up bloody awesome! I can vouch for this isotropic polish, it really makes the gears go the distance. It reduces the friction and the whine like you wouldn’t believe. but, mainly prelongs the life of the gears Before: After:

Have you done this before or know people that have?

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

@desam8: It’s a tight fit on the drivers side. You’ll need to nurse out where the footrest is on the inside of the tunnel.

As well, you need to space the transmission down 10mm. You can do that with 100mm plates where the crossmember bolts to the body. Fyi, do your shifter first and put a bit of heater hose over the cable so it doesn’t melt. It gets very hot down there with a big stall converter!

@sands vs: My cousin work there. They do everything for the v8 supercars. Wheels, cranks, rods, cams diff/gearbox internals you name it. I swear by the process. HPSF In Carrum Downs and ask for Heath Goss 03 9775 0898

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

@sands vs: My cousin work there. They do everything for the v8 supercars. Wheels, cranks, rods, cams diff/gearbox internals you name it. I swear by the process. HPSF In Carrum Downs and ask for Heath Goss 03 9775 0898

Thanks mate because im looking at fitting a tru track and as part of it they have to machine down the side of the diff gears. I would prefer to recoat them with something. Carrum downs is so close ill go see them mate thanks for that.

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

Isotropic polishing isn’t a form of coating but polishing. Its worth everycent

Viewing 19 posts - 341 through 359 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.