This topic contains 46 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Cool  B-)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I run everything in F when it comes to cars.

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

well, just ordered the new gauges about 2 mins ago in Celsius, only thing is there short sweep

gonna run a oil temp gauge for the transmission

but have to be better than whats on there, with all the random readings

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

I use C, it really doesn’t matter as once you’re used to the car and it’s behaviour you stop looking at the numbers and it’s more needle position, if the needle isn’t where it normally is there’s something going on.

(Powerful engines don’t give you time to “read” the gauge as there’s so much going on so quickly)

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

What the old saying, an oil pressure gauge tells you when the motor is about to blow up, a temperature gauge tells you after it has…

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

well hope these one’s work, more basic than the nexus, which run a controller box.

another few question’s:

how long does it take for the temp gauge on the dash to start moving. im not sure if mine is sticking, has a bad connection or bad sender

sender is new, but i’ve had other VS Dash clusters stick before (not this one) so i thinking it could be this.

OR

I did have a bit of trouble when engine harness was fitted with the terminal for the sender, it took a while to try and get it to stay on, it kept sliding off. The wire for the plug is in good condition, as the wiring harness is only 5-6 years old, so wire isn’t brittle or soaked in old oil or coolant like most, it’s just the terminal on the end that i had trouble with, can these be replaced or repaired without much hassle? i haven’t replaced/repaired it yet as i didn’t want to risk altering resistance.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I actually bought a cheap ass laser heat gun thing off ebay for this kind of thing.  When I was playing around with mine I was able to use it to quickly see things were coming up to temp.  Still use it occasionally on mine, good way to tell all 8 cylinders are firing evenly etc by looking at the each of the headers.  Nice tool to have in the kit bag.  My spade terminal was dodgy too, played wth some long nose pliers with mine and got it to fit a little more snuggly.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.