HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVN – VP – VR – VSVs Ute 383 Stroker in the build.

This topic contains 249 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giddo95 Giddo95 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

New plates finally arrived

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of HDN05L HDN05L.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of HDN05L HDN05L.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

started removing the engine bay loom and running behind the gaurds, still need to tidy up the loom and mount battery in the tray.

I also modified the window washer spout and ordered a nice billet cap to cover the crappy yellow cap.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Been flat out lately, but still managed to get the bay welded and primed and ready for colour next week.

Also got a thermo from BF falcon which is a nice clean fit same height and width just need to trim around inlet and outlet pipes. A nice alternative to the twin AU thermos that seem to be so popular.

I will try and get some pics up soon.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of HDN05L HDN05L.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of HDN05L HDN05L.
    Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Nice looking ute keen to see how it comes up

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Welcome to the forum mate :good: , would have done that before but have been haven’t been around. Really nice ute, will boogy along with a blower hanging off the side too.  Have you sorted the issue with the Mac, if not post up on the website thread and we will look into it, I know Georgie uses a mac so it should work fine?

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Thanks Garry it will have just a little extra go with the charger.

Off to get the bay sprayed this week and then all back together ready for dyno in 4 weeks.

Still having the issues with the Mac if anyone can give me some tips on posting photos that would be great.

Also upgraded the master cylinder to a vt so it will improve the feel of the pedal with the vt brake upgrade.

Profile photo of Georgie
    Georgie
    Participant

Hi there :) I’ve had a bit of a look for you, it seems like you’ve attempted to upload a few pics that are over the allowed file size for direct uploads. Because of server limits, we can only allow small uploads (<512kb I think) directly, however you are most welcome to use another service like Photobucket or Imgur to upload bigger images. Basically you upload them to that service, and then click the picture icon on this reply box (furthest right, looks like a mountain) and past the URL that Photobucket or Imgur gives you in the ‘source’ box. From there you should be able to see the picture! Let me know if that explanation doesn’t make sense, it’s a bit late here haha.

If this doesn’t help, feel free to post a message over in the support forum and I’ll do some more investigating! I don’t frequent the build threads as much, so that or private message are the quickest way to get me!

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Ok awesome thanks for the advice.

I have added a link to photo bucket with a few before and after shots of the interior and bay which is now finally ready for paint tomorrow.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/em7477moretime/library/Latest%20work?sort=3&page=1

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Sorry correct link now attached above.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

A bit more progress, got the ute back from the painter and the bay came up really nice. not bad for my second attempt at body work.

Have fitted most parts back in the bay just need to clean up the fire wall wiring then test the setup.

Then the list continues bleed the brakes, finish exhaust blah blah blah.

Any way check out the links to photo bucket.

<span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”></span>

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looking great mate, glad to see you got the pics issue sorted, keep the pics/proggress coming :good:

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Colour looks nice, is it factory colour?

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah factory colour. Amazon blue, think its a candy colour, so takes a few coats to build it up.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Bit of an update, finally all back together and running.

Off to the tuners next week to get a few things ironed out, then off to get emissions tested the week after.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

well had an interesting day at the tuners, turned out my O2 sensor was faulty so that didnt help and my memcal that had been custom tuned was way off causing the car to be unbelievably rich, it was blowing more black smoke than a rough running diesel!

Now i’m waiting for another tune to be mailed out and another run on the dyno next week to see how close it is.

Hopefully its good and we can start prepping for emissions test next week.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of HDN05L HDN05L.
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Is custom tune a possibility?

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah if you supply all the changes you are making and what you are looking for in a tune, it does need to be run on a dyno to see if it needs tweaking but thats about it.

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

this is a very very nice build mate love the black engine against the blue it will be mint once its all finished of

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Cheers its all coming together. Need to get this all engineered then ill get a full colour sand done on the body and buffed up. Its got a shit load of clear on the outside so should come up very nice. Im enjoying your build, interesting change in direction.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Retuned memcal turned up this weekend, it is a different car now.

No more hesitation or running rich. Took it for a few sneaky runs around the block no problems spinning in 1st & 2nd. Now back to the dyno on tuesday to get ready for emissions test on wednesday in Sydney, fingers crossed it passes otherwise it will be more stuffing around.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 251 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.