HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVN – VP – VR – VSVS Commodore Exec Series 2 "5.0lt Roller Motor Fitted"

This topic contains 89 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 7 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Hang on, hasn’t he’s fitted a roller cam?  if so all he really needs to worry about is bedding in the rings :)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Right you are. Find a steep hill go up and down it for 30-45 mins in top gear around 30-50km. Load the engine up

Dump oil, refills X proceed to WOT

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

yes its a roller cam, when i did take it for its first drive i noticed the car was running pretty hot,

compared to what it use to run at, once warmed up to the normal temp range the fan cuts in cools it back down but warms back up after a few minutes to the point the fan cuts back in, i was concerned as i was driving on open highway on a cool night

could this be due to the running in oil?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Oil shouldn’t effect running temps to the point where it’s noticeable. Dump the oil and refresh with HPR 30 and see how it goes.

Freeway driving won’t bed the rings in properly.

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Highway drive was to mainly make sure everything brakes and steers as it should

is there an alternative way to bed the rings in, no real steep hills near me

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Need to drive it under load varying engine speed.  Chuck a couple of bags of cement in the boot or anything else heavy  for that matter.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Drive with hand brake up. LOL

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

so not much of an update but the brand new Optima Yellowtop that i fitted into the car when i got it back on the road decided to call it quits after about 8-9months but got a new one under warranty a few weeks ago

i decided to fit a voltmeter in the VS to make sure the charge system is working ok, i had intended to fit it in the boot as i didnt think i had the space in the dash, then i decided to remove the clock

Before

trial fitting it to the existing dash fascia in the car, which had been cracked for some time, so i removed the clock and filed the hole out a bit, took a bit too much out trying to get it sitting flat, but ended up working a way around this by painting then gauge itself flat black so you cant spot it, so i didn’t need to file the hole out as much, in the good dash fascia that ive had sitting here, which is now fitted

testing the wiring

the replacement dash fascia

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Well cars been running really good, have had an exhaust leak fixed, and a pair of dump tips fitted to the exhaust a few months ago, just need to get around to booking it in for the final tune, hopefully in the next few weeks

Still have an ABS Fault, which i need to find,

Have sourced a full set of factory V8 Fe2 Springs and Swaybars for it, particularly wanted the swaybars, so i can swap the adjustable ones over

been contemplating fitting a VT/VX/VY brake booster and master cylinder to it for a while now, i kept the one out of a VX SS i parted out a few moths back, after a bit of measuring i had a bracket folded up, and the other part of it lasercut, which i welded up last weekend

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I make these as a click in replacement for the trip computer, would suit what you have done with the volt meter.  Just a thought excuse the plug btw!!

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.