This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,102 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 3 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 2,106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Getting very exciting now. So the tuner has just finished his first cyclic test after all the modification he has made to the tune on his small test dyno. The two graphs attached are CO and Hydrocarbons. The green line is what it was when it first arrived, the purple line is what it is now. The difference is massive. Still not quite a pass, but he is very very confident some adjustments now with it live on the cyclic dyno and we will be there. Could be as soon as a couple of days or a week. But we are so close now to having Australia’s first full 100% RTA approved 454 powered ITB set up VR.  That may not sound like much to some, but to me that’s pretty bloody exciting :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Powerglide specced and ordered through Norwoods. Genuine Reid case with SFI shield, stock style rear housing with custom reluctor wheel on o/p shaft for oe speed sensor, +1,500HP input shaft and gear set, trans braked, custom billet 3,500 rpm stall, 1.80 ratio first, Pro Ratchet shifter in drop box for stock install. If that doesn’t hold it nothing will.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Just passed emissions!!!

Just really really happy, quite a few times both the tuner and I were wondering if we would actually be able to make it. Was looking like having to swap to maybe a stock single tb manifold like a fast or something and a cam swap.

Hats off to the tuner, a lot of behind the scenes work done by him to come up with the full tune. In the end results speak for themselves. To take an LSx454 that was spewing our 243g of CO per mile, and get it to be a true real life value of under 1 with the only mechanical change being to swap to LS2 injectors is pretty spectacular achievement on his part.

He actually thinks with a careful choice of an injector to support the full hp he would most likely achieve it again, or worse case be marginally over.

So anyone in Adelaide looking for a genuine old school tuner, someone prepared to think outside the box; tune throughout the entire rev range; and most importantly genuinely listen to what you want, not what they think you need, I can’t rate Stephen Bell at Bell Auto highly enough.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of VPGTS76
    VPGTS76
    Participant
    Supporter

Wow Gary…… Been up for few hours and already you have managed to type 7 pages……

LMAO……

Forum looking good…. :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

First thing I did when we created the forum was move mine across. I have been very paranoid that SC would ban me instantly if they saw I was creating an alternative and delete my build. And I didn’t want to lose all the info. At some stage if i get some spare time, I was actually thinking I might break it up into sections. But probably in reality it will just stay like it is :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So with the new forum launching I sort of forgot I actually have a build thread!!

So finally the car has passed emissions, that’s the last formal piece of the puzzle before heading of to the RTA for it’s final check and (hopefully) approval for full street use.

Was organising getting the car home today (shit I have missed it) and would you believe the council has ripped up our road and residents cant get in or out today :(

So anyhow, will have to get it brought home tomorrow. Then up on the hoist, just want to give everything the final once over, then contact the engineer and see about booking it into Regency.

Exciting/nervous times :)

Profile photo of SLAUTR
    SLAUTR
    Participant
    Supporter

congrats getting threw emissions dude , also nice job on the forum looks great so far. cheers

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Just literally picked up the emissions report, woo hoo, finally have it in my hot little hands :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

With a bit of luck, next time it is back here it will have a nice race glide, 3″ exhaust, carbon airhorns and screaming its head off at full noise :)

Profile photo of ls3vs
    ls3vs
    Participant

Magnificent build gary and congrats on getting it thru emmisions testing.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Cheers mate, it puts a smile on my dial every time I start it.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Such a great build and even better now that it’s so much closer to being legal. Congrats on the work you have done to get it to this standard and legal too.

Profile photo of thunder93
    thunder93
    Participant

Love this car. I followed it on sc from the first post to the last but could never sign up for some reason so just stuck to watching.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

ThnKs guys, been so much fun building it. And now really feel like I am close to truly being able to enjoy it. I think once the glide is in, and the old exhaust is back on etc, game on, time for some fun.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

ThnKs guys, been so much fun building it. And now really feel like I am close to truly being able to enjoy it. I think once the glide is in, and the old exhaust is back on etc, game on, time for some fun.

Maybe even a Commodores Plus SA cruise.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Maybe even a Commodores Plus SA cruise.

Now your talking, absolutely in :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well it’s home safe and sound. Been a bit of a shit of a night, literally 1 hour before it arrived home my wife came home to see the shed had been broken into :(. Luckily they didn’t take much. So spent the night talking to an alarm guy, shed is going to be seriously alarmed. Hard wired, back up power, Internet connected, the works. Have also added a few padlocks.

Anyhow, the plus side was started it up for the Alarm guy. First of all he knew the car and seemed a little star struck, when he heard it start the look on his face was priceless. He was over at Summernats with some guys this year, might tag along next year with the Senator and Catch up with a few people.

So what started as a crap day may have turned out OK.

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

Sucks to hear about the break-in… Hope they didn’t take anything too valuable :(

New forum looks pretty schmick, well done :) congratulations on the emissions test, glad to hear you’re a huge step closer to enjoying your hard work!!

Profile photo of Eavzy
    Eavzy
    Participant

That sucks to hear about the break in mate !! On the bright side congrats on the emissions test its been along time coming ! Hopefully you an the car can make it to VIC one day so we get a chance to see it as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 2,106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.