This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,102 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 3 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 2,106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

I would change the other fittings to Black to match the new adaptors :XD:

(I’m big on basic black though)

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I actually like the colour of the fittings, but I appreciate its a personal thing.  And there are fittings from the front to the back of the car and all are red/blue.  If I started to change them where would I stop :-) and it would cost me a small fortune….

Profile photo of

I actually like the colour of the fittings, but I appreciate its a personal thing. And there are fittings from the front to the back of the car and all are red/blue. If I started to change them where would I stop and it would cost me a small fortune….

When they were all Black of course :XD:

Profile photo of benk
    benk
    Participant

awesome thread, I was following on SC but might stick with this forum :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

awesome thread, I was following on SC but might stick with this forum

Cheers mate, I really liked SC but sadly it seemed to me it was only a matter of time before the owners shut it down.  It seemed to have mysterious outages at times for days, a group of us tried and tried to try and revive it but the owners just didn’t give a toss.  That’s why I bit the bullet and went out on my own and created this forum :good: .  Its a bit sad as I wasn’t able to transfer all the info from the other thread, only my own posts for example not the replies from other members, but at least its here.  Welcome to the new forum mate, enjoy!!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey Gary,

What did your gearbox builder say about getting a powerglide and the weight of the car?

What diff gears are you going to run with it and what first gear ratio did you go?

I am only asking because I will be taking my gearbox out soon for a transbrake valve body to be changed over, and I was entertaining the idea about going powerglide first and second gears and having my third gear as a overdrive.

I know yours will make plenty of torque getting it off the line and so will mine off the TBrake. But I’m sure my gearbox builder will probably say the gearing of the t400 will be better suited to heavier cars.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

If you got the torque a glide equipped vehicle will be faster.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Once the transbrake is in I’ll be running full slicks.

I only….have about 1400nm of torque.

Why do you think it will be faster cava?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hey Gary, What did your gearbox builder say about getting a powerglide and the weight of the car? What diff gears are you going to run with it and what first gear ratio did you go? I am only asking because I will be taking my gearbox out soon for a transbrake valve body to be changed over, and I was entertaining the idea about going powerglide first and second gears and having my third gear as a overdrive. I know yours will make plenty of torque getting it off the line and so will mine off the TBrake. But I’m sure my gearbox builder will probably say the gearing of the t400 will be better suited to heavier cars.

Hi mate.

Well re the weight vs powerglide.  When we were discussing what way to go for mine, (which was really 400 vs glide) the weight of the car (for me) wasn’t really the discussion, it was more centered around my car having such a flat torque curve that 3 gears wasn’t necessary.  Tbh we didn’t discuss the weight of the car much, my cars sort of in between anyway, its not ultra light but not heavy.  Actually it was really lineball to go either 400 or glide.  In the end I made the call, either would have worked.  I just wanted bullet proof, that was the swaying factor.

One thing to consider is that peak torque isn’t the only factor, its the shape of the curve to get to peak torque.  Yes my car produces a lot of torque, but more importantly it produces 80% of peak torque at only 2,000 rpm. So pretty much off idle I can turn tires, but the engine revs/pulls all the way to 7,000rpm.  Thats a very big rpm spread and why two gears for me is perfect.   I also have an ITB set up that gives very fast throttle response, which just adds to that.

So given its not a 100% race car, but is also not a daily for me the glide made sense (imo)

My specs are

Diff ratio = 3.55:1

1st gear ratio = 1.80:1

Stall = 3,000rpm (max) aiming slightly lower if we can

Full aftermarket gear set, Reid case, 1,300hp input shaft.

Only issue I have is I needed a pick up for the speedo.  So we are going to mount the speedo gear on the front of the tail shaft and have the pick up off a small custom bracket off the back of the gearbox housing.  That way the standard wiring will fit.

Hopefully goes in next week so will be able to let people know how it goes ;-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Tuners coming out to my place Saturday so we can work in the daylight and not rush it.  Fingers crossed I have a nice drive-able car by Saturday afternoon, fingers crossed….

Also contacted Injector Dynamics, and it appears the purple injector adapters aren’t available in black.  Not sure if the existing ones can be re-anodised?  Anyone have any ideas on that? But looks like the might stay as they are for a while at least.

Roll on Saturday :yes:

Profile photo of

Yep they can be stripped and re anodised Gary..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep they can be stripped and re anodised Gary..

Thanks for that Ian, I thought that might be the case.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Always get a bit of a kick when it pops up somewhere.  It made its way onto LS Nation a while back, just come up again, seems the yanks still like it :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Just came across this pic, forgotten how peaky I was back then seeing how good a job Frank did on the paint :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

What a great day.  Stephen Bell the tuner came up to my house at around 11am.  He then systematically worked through the tune for a good 3 hours.  Its just beautiful now, idles at less than 800 rpm, we at the end swapped to a new set of plugs.  After finally test driving it we pulled a plug out of each bank and they are a beautiful colour.  He really wants to get it on the roller to finish it off, but he really likes the Injector Dynamics injectors.  Went for a nice long cruise, tbh I had forgotten how brutal it is if you give it any welly at all.  So just bloody stoked, its back to where it was before the whole emissions/engineering process that seemed to take forever.

But maybe this pic wont mean much to some but its the first time since I started building it (so over 3 years) I was able to cruise it, then just pull up at a servo and fill it up, just peaking :yahoo:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of Narva*2010
    Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Good stuff Gary. Most know the frustrations of slow progress.  Enjoy it.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

Ughhhh, those rear wheels look so bloody good with the stepped lip!

You need to get a set made for the fronts!!

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Good stuff Gary. Most know the frustrations of slow progress. Enjoy it.</p> <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

I was getting my post come up in egyption  hieroglyphics like your post above as well

For me it was that I was logged in my Apple iPad and Samsung phone at the same time, for some reason I can not finger out these 2 company’s hate each other and like to make each other’s life hard

It could be that you are logged in on any device like a laptop and using another device it will come up completely jumbled and if you try and edit it then it becomes twice as bad

I had to delete the link on both devices and resave them and do not tick the remember the pass word box and only log in one 1 at a time

If that doesn’t work  :unsure:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

not sure whats going on there, but hey, im cruising so who cares  :good:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

You need to get a set made for the fronts!!

Nice set of custom 9s for the front :good: I like your thinking but my wallet doesn’t ha ha

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 2,106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.