This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of OZ38 OZ38 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

1. Is the light for the cigarette lighter, it fits into the side of the lighter housing.
    2. Is the power plug for the cigarette lighter
    3. Plugs into the plug on no.1 (power for the cigarette light)
    4. & 5. Are for statesman etc that have a cigarette lighter in the rear of the console lid

Profile photo of OZ38
    OZ38
    Participant

I am looking for a good place to get power for the illumination of a 4 Autometer gauge set up I am fitting to the VS Commy.

The gauges all require a wire from Ignition source – Hopefully I can join all 4 required wires to a single source (yet to be identified).

As well as a common earth for all gauges.

Finally there is the illumination of the gauges, which I was hoping could also come from a single source to all 4 gauges & be controlled by the dimmer switch, same as the VS dashes and other lighting around the dash.

So any one got the good spots to take these from all ready in a pic or can identify a good source for them ?

Cheers

Deek

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of OZ38 OZ38.
    Profile photo of OZ38
    OZ38
    Participant

While I am looking around the VS Exec manual consol.

Can anyone identify these two large plugs & what they are/were for ?

One has 6 pins the second has 7 pins. I am thinking maybe for power windows had they been optioned ?

Cheers

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

They appear to be the power window plugs. Good news for you is a power window conversion should be really easy for you.

Profile photo of OZ38
    OZ38
    Participant

That is what I was hoping you would say. I found the relay holder & fuse for power windows all have power. I also noticed the two rear doors have a wiring loom feeding into them. Could not think of any other reason apart from adding power windows. Stange the front doors don’t seem to have the same thick loom going to them though.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.