This topic contains 36 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stevoss Stevoss 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

vsmanta: not sure if its all the way down. it does look pretty high up

cava454: that pic is from Hayden’s build. yeah he had both feed and return line running along the top of the Trans tunnel upto the rails and reg.

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

ran into problems early on 🤔

managed to get the only t56 crossmember from tuff mounts that was a friday special 😂 but contacted them and as usual no problems. will be getting a replacement 👍

a little bashing of behind the rear bank drivers side. definitely need a full length flexible clutch line and remote bleeder. will contact malwood for more details. engine seems to fit alright. trim the tab on alternator and level the fins next to it should be clearance enough.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Any more progress on this?

Did a search on vl steering this thread popped up.

Just to clarify if using vl manual rack can I get lowest link off any vl then get pressed onto vp steering link for it to work?

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

i made sure to get the matching intermediate shaft and am using that with only swapping the top but i just googled the power steering racks they have a different coupling so it won’t work. it would have to be the non powered intermediate lower joint.

progress has halted due to work and life plus need to save for many more parts haha.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Undo the uni and swap the lower VL section onto the VS upper.  Job done.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

So lower vl link that gets swapped over are all same whether powersteer or manual?

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

no they are different

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

The VL rack has splines. The vs has like a square notch. That’s why u swap it over.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Had a line on cheap vl manual rack but no steering link but tosser just doubled price.

I’ve got vp ute too.

Rack is leaking rack & possibly clunking so I’d rather have gone manual rack than reco powersteering setup.

These would be perfect if we could do historic/60 day rego

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Stevoss Stevoss.
    Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

i will post up more pics as i can, but finished getting it running. Had the exhaust joined from the conversion headers to a single rage 3″ exhaust with 2x  2.5″ high flow 100cel cats. Which might be good for emissions and engineering, but is definately good for the exhaust noise test.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Nice work must be great to get it to that stage. Whats next for the ute?

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

To finish the car: wheel alignment desperately, engineering and rego, finish the dash conversion and rewire the rest of the car, repaint side skirts and front lip. Swapping to a bf single fan, as i had to angle the radiator back to fit the otr which needed the au fans to be hacked further and i dont like how much i had to chop.

At this stage the power increase over the 6 cylinder is great, made 313rwhp when the motor was in my vt. Looking forward to getting it weighed compared to the vt it would have dropped 500kg going into the ute, with me in the vt going over the weigh bridge was about 2t, the ute used to be 1400kg with me in it.

Very happy with the clutch disengagement compared to the t5, loving the hydraulic feeling. The manual rack is unusual getting used too, went to take the first corner and needed almost twice the input for the same turning, which is also kinda scary as it gets up and boogies very fast. But that is conteracted with the new 330mm brakes and vt master which pull it up very nicely.

Performance mods to eventually follow are:

1) 3.9 gears and a true trac

2) cam, flex tune and 150 shot

3) exhaust cut outs after the cats

4) blower

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

I like number 4

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Wow, nice work, looks great in there :good:

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

Fitted up the drivers side door rubber, from rare pares, really happy with the fit and quality so far. Dropped the water for the second time as I’m trying to rinse out the radiator which seems to have a slimy film, probably from manufacturing. Then drop it again and fit the fg single big twin speed fan and fill with coolant. Tidy up the radiator brackets with some decent flat bar and paint black. Make a bracket up for the for so it doesn’t just sit on the top of the rad, then send it out for powder coat.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.