This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DaveNz DaveNz 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Sweet Dave I might go see the guy that’s going to cert mine , the loop will have to be oval to compensate the drop when up in the air then you have to put reinforcing in as there will be nothing strong enough to bolt to

Stupid Nissan driver probably modified something now we get screwed

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Stupid Nissan driver probably modified something now we get screwed

Lol, bet your not the first (or last) person to say that :wacko:

Profile photo of DaveNz
    DaveNz
    Participant

Sweet Dave I might go see the guy that’s going to cert mine , the loop will have to be oval to compensate the drop when up in the air then you have to put reinforcing in as there will be nothing strong enough to bolt to Stupid Nissan driver probably modified something now we get screwed

Let me no what your cert guy says, its madness as far as im concerned to. Like you say we’ll have to reinforce the rrear floor pan & get a loop custom made it wont be cheap – looking into cert costs i think by the looks that’s $530. Buggers are robbing us blind haha, glad i’ve got a wof on this till the end of january i’m driving the wheels off her at pres while i can.

And yes said nissan driver needs his neck wrung for all the grief it costs the rest of us :evil:

Profile photo of DaveNz
    DaveNz
    Participant

We now have Twins  :yahoo:  Swapped my vt wagon for it, 97 series 2 5.0 caprice. Will get both painted up the same eventually, wagons now parked up for a bit so i can go through her. Picked up a 93 Vr Statesman with a bent bonnet for parts for these 2 if i ever need anything, statesmans over here in the vr vs range are very thin on the ground. Having a clearout round here at pres so once i sort all that i’ll be back to it :good:

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey Dave I went and talked to the cert guy  and he gave me 4 pages on the drive shaft loop that is required he said that the factory one is inadequate one you add power

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

So plans to paint the wagon gloss like the statesman?

Profile photo of DaveNz
    DaveNz
    Participant

Hey Dave I went and talked to the cert guy and he gave me 4 pages on the drive shaft loop that is required he said that the factory one is inadequate one you add power

Did he confirm the need for the 2nd one on the rear half of the driveshaft? I’ve put one 5mm thick one behind the standard one, just seems overkill on the next one….

Profile photo of DaveNz
    DaveNz
    Participant

So plans to paint the wagon gloss like the statesman?

Yeah we’ll loose the war paint & gloss her up, just found 2 parts cars in the last week so will be using all the best bits on this. Started bare metaling a new bonnet for her today

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey Dave here are the sheets info

That should help

Profile photo of DaveNz
    DaveNz
    Participant

Cheers bud big help there much appreciated, shows the powers that be have gone mad but has to be done so ill get that sorted at some stage soon

Profile photo of DaveNz
    DaveNz
    Participant

Well i managed to sneak this through for one wof so putting some k’s on it, shes going quite well. Lot cheaper to run than the caprice ive found. Had a Vx commodore pop up the other day with a blown bottom end, bloody tidy car ill be fixing & reselling. Bonus was & the reason i snapped it up was the 6 month old alloys on it, so the wags has probably the 10th set of wheels i’ve had on it in the last two years haha.

They look good & suit her well, apart from that ive got 2 statesman wreckers here now so all the best bits are going onto this. Replaced the passengers guard & door as the others never lined up right, problem solved with these. Will work my way through it so i can throw some paint on it at some stage  :good:

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.