HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralInterior & TrimVn power window fix.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vn6cal
    Vn6cal
    Participant

Hi guys just wondering what everyone does with there power windows when they start struggling?

My front passenger struggles to go down and up… Any tricks of the trade or tips?

Profile photo of Mistikal
    Mistikal
    Participant

In my old VR, I had the same issue with 2 of my windows – turns out the motor that drives the window mechanism was just about dead, purchased a complete set of new window regulators and replaced the lot, nice fast windows again.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Also doesn’t hurt to use something like Inox to lube all the joints of the mechanism.

Profile photo of v85000i
    v85000i
    Participant

I found also that you need new gaskets or a thin washers n silicone where the motor stator mounts to the mechanism so that the worm drive meshes properly with the gear inside. Mine went faster once they lined up correctly

Profile photo of MILD
    MILD
    Participant

I pulled my regulators and rebuilt them. Pretty simple pieces that I was terrified off until I gave it a go. Over time they gunk up.

Also, don’t be surprised if the wiring in the door- especially the drivers- has given up after almost thirty years of flexing as the door opens and shuts.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

What are you door felts like? With age the wear off the felt and the rubber grabs on the glass

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares/ProductPage.aspx?product=RBC1068

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of Piston 304
    Piston 304
    Participant

I know the threads over a year old. but. silicon spray on the felt runners works well for a quick fix.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^doesnt hurt to add to old threads at all mate,  the info may help others with the same problem :good:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.