This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,301 through 1,320 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

.. Blued the Rotors so was pushing fairly hard, !

So will you need bigger rotors or more ducting or isnt this an issue?

Either Ducts or Watercooling, can’t go bigger Rotors as the Autocross wheels won’t go over them..

But having said that the Deca layout was pretty savage on the brakes as the chicanes were BIG stops x3 with no real cool down after them..

Profile photo of

Today!

For my own peace of mind I took the Lexcen in for an alignment…. my normal place couldn’t get me in till next week so I found another shop to do it, in hindsight I should have been going there all along, half the price and a much better result!

Glad I got it done it was all over the shop, so surprised it drove so well on Saturday, toe both ends was out, camber on one corner had an extra degree, castor was perfect though, I did that in the Lathe when I made the new strut tops!

Roll on next meeting can’t wait!

I need to do a little bit of work on the rear of the Tonner to stand the tyres up a bit more for Towing, it’s eaten the inside edge of the left rear…

Profile photo of

Today End!

Put the Lexcen up to check over the young guys work, (The life I save might be my own) Torqued up a few things made a few setup changes then Presto Chango it’s an Autocross car again!

Profile photo of

Today!

Ok sorted the issue with the Tonner, turns out the Camber adjusters had somehow seized into the Poly bushes and when the alignment guy had a crack at it last time he didn’t retighten the Jam Nuts, he probably cranked on the adjuster bolts thinking it was tight… this has flogged out the hole on the left side and gives 3.3 degrees of camber when loaded… other side had 2.4, not great but it didn’t destroy tyres at that..

I slotted the holes and made some 3mm thick steel washers then welded them into place where it needs to be to actually correct the camber at ride height, alignment place can’t get me in till Monday so I’m without a car till then… bugger..

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep that why when i did my cradle I did the same to all the mounting points.  When you think about all the load its carrying constantly you can see why they flog out.  Especially if there is a little right foot work involved :)

Profile photo of [TUFFVQ]
    [TUFFVQ]
    Participant

The outer mounting face of the outer bushes on my VQ did the same thing about 6 years ago.

Repaired them in the same manner as you have and inspected them a few weeks ago – all is well.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^Tuff I reckon you’re the one that put me onto it when I was doing mine if the SC days?

Profile photo of

Yep that why when i did my cradle I did the same to all the mounting points. When you think about all the load its carrying constantly you can see why they flog out. Especially if there is a little right foot work involved :)

“Great minds”

The outer mounting face of the outer bushes on my VQ did the same thing about 6 years ago. Repaired them in the same manner as you have and inspected them a few weeks ago – all is well.

Thanks Tuff, it was the “easiest” fix I could come up with, it’s always had way more Camber then I’d like in a road car but when I had the blower engine in it it didn’t bother me too much, now it’s a Tow car it’s about time I corrected it!

—————

Today End!

A Mate came up and gave me a hand so we got it all done today ready for the alignment Monday…

Adjusters are all freed up and adjusting so should all be good, he also loaned me his spare car so I have wheels till I get mine done, awesome Mate is awesome!

Profile photo of [TUFFVQ]
    [TUFFVQ]
    Participant

Probably was Gary – I just looked for the easiest solution to the problem: Raid the spare washer collection  :good:

Profile photo of

Today!

Got the Tonner all ready for it’s alignment Monday morning!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

wow you like quite fetching in that tutu Ian….

Probably was Gary – I just looked for the easiest solution to the problem: Raid the spare washer collection

Yep that’s what I remember, that’s what you said you did.  Like a lot of things I kinda went overboard and I reckon my sub frame would still be in tact after a direct nuclear hit.

Profile photo of

That’s the Tonner with the Semi Slicks on it Gary  ;-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Said it before buddy, you have a nice collection of toys….

Profile photo of

Said it before buddy, you have a nice collection of toys….

You’re not doing too bad yourself  :XD:

Profile photo of

Today!

Torque Converter day, if anyone knows someone that wants a 3000 Hi Stall for a TH7004 this one is for sale!

Going to try and get a bit more done on the AC Mount before it gets too hot down there to continue!

Profile photo of

Today End!

Got the AC Mount done, still need to correct the belt alignment F/R but that easy enough done!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Bloody hell, belt and braces, that’s solid.  Going to throw some satin black on the plates?

Profile photo of

Bloody hell, belt and braces, that’s solid. Going to throw some satin black on the plates?

Yep once I finish the alignment I’ll paint it up!

Had to move the Lexcen a couple of feet out of the way this morning, instead of firing it up and making the Shed even hotter I put it in neutral and pushed it back…. AMAZING the difference it makes when all 4 wheels are pointing in the same direction! (rolled so easily)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^supposedly a very competitive formula V guy back in the day used to sit his car up on a ramp he had built, and let it roll down and measure how far it went before it stopped, then adjust the front end until it rolled the farthest, theory being this was the setting with the least resistance.  No idea if it was bs or not, but a good story.  So whens the next race?

Profile photo of

Have an Autocross on the 30th, really looking forward to it  :XD:

Viewing 20 posts - 1,301 through 1,320 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.