This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Now I understand why!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

^^ low speed incident one would assume.

Profile photo of

^^ low speed incident one would assume.

Walking pace in a car park…  ;-)

————–

Today End!

To continue the exercise in frustration I picked up the LS1 parts this morning after taking 2 hours to complete a 1 hour trip due to Drama on the Ring Rd and the Calder Freeway this morning, dropped the Block and Heads off at the machine shop only to find the “Almost Done Estimate” from last week on the 308 Stroker was for someone else’s engine and not mine…

Went and had a chat with the workshop manager and he assured me mine was on the go to the point that he’s actually boring it today, I doubted this so he took me out to the shop and I snapped this pic…

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Good stuff. Who do you use?

Profile photo of

Good stuff. Who do you use?

Crankshaft Rebuilders in Blackburn, been going there 30 odd years, not the cheapest but always top quality work so worth the extra.

Profile photo of

Today!

Cam, Lifters and Pushrods for the Stroker ordered, went with the CamTech 248-513.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I know I’m a weirdo, but does anyone else think how worn and rounded looking those butterfly clamps are on the hold down jig in the pic are cool as.  Makes you wonder how many blocks have been held down by it, if only they could talk…

Profile photo of

I know I’m a weirdo, but does anyone else think how worn and rounded looking those butterfly clamps are on the hold down jig in the pic are cool as. Makes you wonder how many blocks have been held down by it, if only they could talk…

Well they’ve had that Jig for the 30 odd years I’ve been going there so my guesstimate is MANY  :XD:

They like a lot of my stuff as I usually bring something a bit left of centre and they get to stretch their legs a little, took em a 7M full counterweight Crank and had them machine it to the Cosworth style weights, HUGE job but came out awesome!

Profile photo of

Today End!

Fitted up the new Reco steering box this morning while I’m waiting on parts, I want to drag it outside and pressure wash the engine bay but need to pick a time when there’s someone here to help (don’t want to chance it getting away from me)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

don’t want to chance it getting away from me

Lol, my wife had a Hyundai Excel a few years back, parked it on the top of a hill at a horse show, yep, didn’t apply hand brake, yep rolled down hill, yep hit tree, yep write off :)

Profile photo of

Lol, my wife had a Hyundai Excel a few years back, parked it on the top of a hill at a horse show, yep, didn’t apply hand brake, yep rolled down hill, yep hit tree, yep write off :)

LOL one of the neighbours came over a few months back, while feeding the animals her 4wd farm ute had escaped and ploughed into a Tree, pretty much a write off, I towed it out with the Tractor then pulled as much of the damage out with the tractor and a chain, had her bring it over and I removed all the ragged edges with the pneumatic shears so it would be safe to use….

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

We lost our Letterbox at Hallett Cove a couple of times due to a car doing that. :p

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

While we are reminiscing, when we were first married her folks had a small farm with a driveway that went around the house, we had just bought two puppies, she was going back out around the house, apparently she turned around to pat them, yep took eyes off where she was going, yep ran straight into the power pole head on, yep basically wrote off my dads HQ 4 door clunker he had lent us.  I had to use a sledge hammer to knock the front back, we filled it up with water and drove it straight to the wrecker, by the time it got there it was boiling its head off, got $100 for it :)  Fun times…

Profile photo of

Much mileage from that one over the years?  ;-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Much mileage from that one over the years?

Only bring it for special occasions ;-)

Profile photo of

LMAO!

Profile photo of

Today End!

Success, once I’d finished and got it back in without incident I took the Lexcen for a quick squirt to charge the battery!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

That really s a beautiful car, cant wait to see it all back together sitting nice and low.  Do you know if he still have the original honeycomb wheels?

Profile photo of

Not that I know of Gary, they have another Concours LE in the family this one is just a driver so a bit rough..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

bloody nice daily

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.