This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Mate I think you have built the ultimate big boys toy. Looks like its a really versatile machine. Be very interesting to see how it performs on the track. I assume you will lower it all, do you need to play with sway bars?

Thanks Gary, it was always going to be dual purpose but while building it I “thought” the road tyres would be fine… after having driven it a few times it’s making MUCH more power than it did in the Tonner and it was borderline on the same rubber…

In the middle of reworking the suspension so I can drop the ride height and still have some travel left, just waiting for my shock guy to finish the mods then it’ll be good to go, the sway bars are Whiteline Adjustables, I need to back the front off a bit for AutoCross to0 try and dial out some of the Understeer but I suspect for track days/hillclimbs it’ll need to go full stiff both ends but then again lowering it will change that as well…

I built a lot of adjustment into the car so “should” be able to tweak it enough to be good on the day!

——–

Today!

Something nobody warned me about in AutoCross, stones flicked up by the front wheels getting stuck between the Rear Callipers and gouging the inside of the wheels… DOH

Sanded the gouges out with a Scotchbrite pad on the Air sander then blew some paint over them so they’re not a stress riser!

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Any events where you can take passangers in this?

What mods is the shock guy doing?

I was thinking about getting those tires for my weekender it has some serious traction issues

Profile photo of

Just had an event here where we had a couple of hours for passengers, Short stroking the Shocks and removing the bosses on the bottom to shorten them 15mm..

Which tyres were you looking at the Feds?

They’re VERY soft so I’m guessing quite sticky!

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Basically either take your advice wanting to run 235/245 40 18. Im getting rolling wheelspin and sideways at anything under 40 k in the dry. Open to suggestions.

Ill come up on day and you can scare me silly ?

Profile photo of

I’d give the Feds a try, do a search on eBay under St George Tyres in that size they’re $198 each..

Yeah no probs on a visit!

My next event is Tarmac and Skidpan at Deca Shepparton not sure on the passenger policy there..

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Be soooo cool for a group of us to try and meet up a track day somewhere, maybe Winton?

Profile photo of

Be soooo cool for a group of us to try and meet up a track day somewhere, maybe Winton?

I’m up for it, don’t mind travelling a bit!

C+ Trackday/BBQ  :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

lets start thinking about that for the new year, lets see who else is interested….

Profile photo of

lets start thinking about that for the new year, lets see who else is interested….

There’s a Track day at Winton this month but I won’t make that one…

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’m part of another club that’s Cams affiliated. They often do a lot of track/cam needed events. Could link it all up???

They  go to the Albury track a lot.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Would be cool for me to go to Winton, I would love to see my lad cut some laps in mine on his old test track.  But could also do Albury, but it really needs to be somewhere relatively central.  As much as that can be in Oz of course :)

Profile photo of

I’m still coming over to do Colingrove in the new year!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

And i will be there with bells on  :good:

Profile photo of

And i will be there with bells on

Will make it easy to recognise you  :wacko:

Just need to get it a bit sorted before I make the trip over, finding a bunch of semi local hillclimbs over here as well I didn’t know existed, a few in places I’m fairly sure don’t have Hills…

Profile photo of benk
    benk
    Participant

I’d be up for Winton 😀

Profile photo of benk
    benk
    Participant

Basically either take your advice wanting to run 235/245 40 18. Im getting rolling wheelspin and sideways at anything under 40 k in the dry. Open to suggestions. Ill come up on day and you can scare me silly ?

Federal 595-RSRR is what I have from St George tyres, RSRR looks to be what Ian has too. They ‘feel’ soft and kinda sticky to touch. Haven’t driven on them yet.

Profile photo of

Basically either take your advice wanting to run 235/245 40 18. Im getting rolling wheelspin and sideways at anything under 40 k in the dry. Open to suggestions. Ill come up on day and you can scare me silly ?

Federal 595-RSRR is what I have from St George tyres, RSRR looks to be what Ian has too. They ‘feel’ soft and kinda sticky to touch. Haven’t driven on them yet.

Cool, glad it wasn’t just my imagination, they “feel” very soft and sticky, can notice a difference just rolling them across the Shed to the balancer compared to road tyres!

Profile photo of

Today End!

There was a slight chance of the replacement wheel arriving today… BZZZ wrong.. never mind it’s not like I need it this year, rang my Shock guy, he’s thinking middle to end of next week as he’s snowed under with work, again no huge rush and it’ll line up with a trip down to drop some engine parts at the machine shop so all good!

Profile photo of

Today End!

And it’s no longer a Tripod!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

This Jolly Fellow. Got his own tire changer.

Im banning you on account of jealousy.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.