This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Yep I ran it into the limiter a couple of times and thought I’d broken it but apart from that ran like a bought one all day, managed to set my boot fans, 62c for the trans and 42c for the IC, only time they came on was on the parade laps or the slow section back into the pits, felt a bit bad for the start line marshals they were taking steps back and plugging their ears..

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Awsome news mate. So Satisfying when hard work pays off

Profile photo of

Awsome news mate. So Satisfying when hard work pays off

Thanks Cava, I’m still buzzing a bit from yesterday it was a brilliant outing for the Lexcen!

——–

Today!

I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone that has been involved with this build, those that have generously offered their time and expertise in debugging it, also those that have loaned me some of the tools I didn’t have to complete it, to the people that have followed along with suggestions, questions and general support thanks you’ve helped make this happen and get to where it is today!

Ian J

Profile photo of

Today End!

Post race inspection, took about 18 litres to fill it this time, not bad for about 14 minutes track time …

Also found I’d suffered a major failure… 2 of the plastic ties that hold the fan to the Trans cooler had let go!!

Figured I can rebuild it I have the technology… and replaced them.

Apart from needing the Mud washed off that’s about it.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Today End! Post race inspection, took about 18 litres to fill it this time, not bad for about 14 minutes track time … Also found I’d suffered a major failure… 2 of the plastic ties that hold the fan to the Trans cooler had let go!! Figured I can rebuild it I have the technology… and replaced them. Apart from needing the Mud washed off that’s about it.

And I was about to take your advice on using the cabel ties. Knew something was dodgy about you.hahahah

Profile photo of

Today End! Post race inspection, took about 18 litres to fill it this time, not bad for about 14 minutes track time … Also found I’d suffered a major failure… 2 of the plastic ties that hold the fan to the Trans cooler had let go!! Figured I can rebuild it I have the technology… and replaced them. Apart from needing the Mud washed off that’s about it.

And I was about to take your advice on using the cabel ties. Knew something was dodgy about you.hahahah

LOL 2 out of 20, not bad  :XD:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^thanks your for sharing the build with us mate, its an incredible piece of kit, not sure I have seen anything like it before, a bloody credit to you.

Will be very interesting to see how it handles on tarmac, I assume (??) that will be less forgiving than dirt, or am showing my tarmac bias…

Profile photo of

^thanks your for sharing the build with us mate, its an incredible piece of kit, not sure I have seen anything like it before, a bloody credit to you. Will be very interesting to see how it handles on tarmac, I assume (??) that will be less forgiving than dirt, or am showing my tarmac bias…

Very welcome Gary and thanks for having me!

I’m looking at building a set of shorter shocks for it so I can drop the ride height and still have some travel, I have a set of road tyres and wheels for play days and will invest in another set with semi slicks for tarmac events, not really sure how it’s going to go on sealed surfaces, it accelerates like a scaled cat on our Concrete start pad only using around 50% throttle!

I was looking at running Winton in December but don’t think I will due to the Multicar format and sharing with various clubs, one of our Drivers got T boned by a Novice last year…

So it looks like it’s first Tarmac event will be Shepperton in February, this will give me a chance to configure it properly to get the most out of it!

Got told quite a few times on the weekend “it’s the best sounding thing here” the extra Mufflers have made a huge difference and don’t seem to have cost much in the way of power..

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I can co steer…..just saying.

Profile photo of

I can co steer…..just saying.

If I’d known how this weekend worked you could have come for a ride…

We were told NOT to go at Race pace, I think I was the 4th or 5th car out and everyone before me just hammered it so…  :yahoo:

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Haha would of loved to. However we had our baby girl on Saturday so I wasn’t going anywhere. I don’t think I will be for a while now lol

Profile photo of

Haha would of loved to. However we had our baby girl on Saturday so I wasn’t going anywhere. I don’t think I will be for a while now lol

AWESOME news Congrats Dude  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Was wondering how it was going the other night!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thats bloody awesome news mate, congrats to you and the misses!!!  :yahoo:

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Haha thanks fellas.

She needs race car finished ASAP. I Got some left over trim I’m putting to good use

Profile photo of

Middle name LiSA?  :XD:

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Hahahah I like that

Profile photo of

Would make an interesting story in later life when asked why her middle name is written like that  :XD:

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Daddy named u after his car. Yes I know. Get over it.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well I reckon my daughter when she was around 15 years old used to bounce off the rev limiter a few times when she was going ballistic arguing with us :)

Profile photo of

Daddy named u after his car. Yes I know. Get over it.

LOL even better NOT after a car after the engine!!

Well I reckon my daughter when she was around 15 years old used to bounce off the rev limiter a few times when she was going ballistic arguing with us :)

GG Angry… nah can’t picture that  ;-)

————–

Today End!

Project make Big Scary White Car handle better and hopefully NOT be so scary!

Pic 500 of this build!

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.