This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Not far now buddy, great work…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Not far now buddy, great work…

Thanks Gary, almost there!

Profile photo of

Today End!

Did a rework on the Coilovers to get a bit more travel out of them, all good bolted it all back together and installed the Rear Coolers then started filling the IC system… bzzzz WRONG, my Davies Craig Electric Water pump is more an Electric Leak…. drained it and cleaned up the mess, figured it’s time!

Cranked it to get Oil Pressure with the IGN and Pumps off all good, went to start it NOTHING no go.. no fuel pumps, as a temp thing I bypassed the factory Relay and hit the key…. SCARED the CRAP out of me, it’s LOUD!

Bled the Pwr steer after grabbing some ear muffs filled the Trans then ran it through the gears on the hoist, felt sluggish but in neutral it’s Crisp as, put it on the ground and moved it under it’s own power, way sluggish then I remembered when I was fitting the Booster for the brakes there wasn’t any free travel go jacked it back to the hoist as there was no way known to push it on it’s wheels unbolted the Master from the Booster and the wheels turn… sort of an easy fix, there was a slight Fuel Seep from the Hardline fittings snugged that up.

All in all a good day, minor teething issues were expected, I’ll fix the bugs and grab a Video of it running/driving!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

…. SCARED the CRAP out of me, it’s LOUD!

Well, I’m not going to say I told you so but, ahhhh bugger it, I told you so!!!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of

…. SCARED the CRAP out of me, it’s LOUD!

Well, I’m not going to say I told you so but, ahhhh farkit, I told you so!!!

Being inside the shed doesn’t help but yeah it’s a bit louder than I expected…  :yahoo:

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Awesome cant wait to see and hear it

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So “I’m old, shit it sounds loud” kinda deal or “I’m old, and its going to cause a problem with the officials” kind of loud?

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Can a V8 ever be too loud?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lol, only if he gets kicked off the track, or you are trying to get it through engineering :wacko:

Profile photo of

Shouldn’t be an issue at my Club, everywhere else maybe so….

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I don’t remember, but I am sure its in your thread but you have it flanged don’t you?  So maybe you have another stealth pair of pipes with extra mufflers when needed?  I am sure your onto it though, given all the other detail you have gone too.  Cant wait to hear a video :good:

Profile photo of

I don’t remember, but I am sure its in your thread but you have it flanged don’t you? So maybe you have another stealth pair of pipes with extra mufflers when needed? I am sure your onto it though, given all the other detail you have gone too. Cant wait to hear a video

I left room for a second set of mufflers when I built the system, as I said I’ll wait to hear it outside and see what it’s like then go from there, I tend to build things then leave it as it is once I’m happy, too much hassle to have a quiet and a loud setup..  :XD:

Profile photo of

Today End!

Made some bash guards for a Mate he has a rally tomorrow night and no protection…

Profile photo of LF24
    LF24
    Participant
    Supporter

Something that might interest you. Would be a mean little package even with just a standard ls1.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of

Something that might interest you. Would be a mean little package even with just a standard ls1.

Going to be really hard to get the front end geometry correct with such a narrow Track…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Pic is an LC, no way surely all that hardware is going into one of them.  He says LX though, still be a tight squeeze but possible?

Profile photo of

Pic is an LC, no way surely all that hardware is going into one of them. He says LX though, still be a tight squeeze but possible?

“Might” do it with an LX but front geometry is going to be a huge compromise…

—————

Today End!

Went down and fixed the Brakes, gave it a bit of a wash (blew the 13 months of crap off with the pressure washer) then took it on it’s Maiden voyage!

It made it there and back under it’s own power and for something with Hand built suspension and no Alignment done yet it drives really well!

+ side is once it was out of the Shed it’s not nearly as noisy, I’ll get it tested before I add Mufflers.. all in all pretty happy, have a couple of Codes but they’re all easy ones, missing o2 sensors, missing AC pressure and Crank relearn so all easily fixed.

Profile photo of

p.s.

Had a fiddle with the Tune, have managed to get a CASE relearn done and it sounds AWESOME at 5000rpm

Sorted all my remaining DTC’s and running well!  B-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thats bloody fantastic mate, really happy for you , you must be pretty bloody chuffed  :good:   :good:   :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.