This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

one thing led to another and the Fans are now done skipped lunch so very hungry atm

Every good damm time hahaha I’ll just do this 5 min job, nek minit its dark and im real hungry haha

LMAO glad it’s not just me, been awhile since it’s happened but yeah sure enough hunger/dark ….   :wacko:

Profile photo of

Today End!

Decided to have a CBF’d day, had to go down to the Shed to measure up for the cables into the boot…

One thing led to another, wired in the Pump trigger to my main battery isolator so it will kill the engine if shutoff, also found all of the circuit diagrams I need to wire the pumps in dug out my Tow Straps..

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Not a bad days work for a cbf day lol

Profile photo of

Not a bad days work for a cbf day lol

yeah nice to see progress each day..

Profile photo of

Today!

Great start to the day, the Electronics are all linked, thanks Justin you’re a star!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Go on, turn the key……..

Profile photo of

Go on, turn the key……..

They still have to make the trip back from NSW but yeah it’s not far off now!  :yahoo:

This was the last major hurdle.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Profile photo of

Today End!

Made a mount for the Footrest then mounted my 60A Circuit breaker for the boot and made a mount for the Pump Drivers.

Profile photo of

Today p.s.

Started watching some pileOpoo I recorded off SBS last night… “Earth from Space” lasted 4 minutes then went back down to the shed and made up the boot cables..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lovely work as always.  Looks like a lot of work doing all the little things on top of the engine and suspension.  Attention to detail for a race car is awesome.

Profile photo of

Lovely work as always. Looks like a lot of work doing all the little things on top of the engine and suspension. Attention to detail for a race car is awesome.

Thanks Gary, the temptation at this point being “just a race car” to let things slide is great but it’s just not my style…

I figure a bit more attention now will save me headaches and reworks down the track and make it useable instead of a constant work in progress.

A LOT of what I’ve done/ am doing is a bit over the top but this is probably my last personal project car so I’ll do my best keeping it’s end use in mind.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I think things like the time you have put into the pump driver so its easily accessible will pay off in spades one day.  Easiest time to do this stuff is now whilst its perfectly clean and sitting in a shed up on a lift, not stuck in the pits somewhere in the booneys…

Profile photo of

I think things like the time you have put into the pump driver so its easily accessible will pay off in spades one day. Easiest time to do this stuff is now whilst its perfectly clean and sitting in a shed up on a lift, not stuck in the pits somewhere in the booneys…

Yep agree 100%, I have a good idea what it needs to stay “happy” after running this combination in the Tonner for a couple of years..

————-

Today End!

Did a bit of a rework on the Boot wiring after thinking it through, all finished now!

Profile photo of

Today End!

Wasn’t going to do anything today, went into town early grabbed some groceries got back unloaded, refilled my BBQ bottle as it ran out last night cooking dinner, settled in to veg in front of the TV…

Had a bit of a brain storm re the wbo2 wiring so went and “fiddled” my idea can’t really be tested as about the only things that work without electronics are Head and Brake lights… BUT I found why I don’t have indicators of Hazards… I cut a connector out of the loom not knowing it looped back up the harness and back into the Hazard switch… DOH

Sorted all the wiring for the wbo2 and made it all neat then had a play around with the Pump Drivers… bzzzz everything on all at once.. not good, traced some wires and found I’d hooked up the 2x Solid State relays incorrectly, fixed that and “tuned” the drivers playing with the PWM settings, all good and no leaks so bonus!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

come on, hit the key…..

Profile photo of

come on, hit the key…..

LOL would if I could but no electronics means no go… all my parts should be back tomorrow  :yahoo:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

only taking the mickey, do it right  :good:

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

Great work :D

One little thin I’d do to make life easier in the future is put a band of red or black heat shrink every few hundred mm’s on the battery cables. that way you don’t have to trace them back to figure out which is which from the middle.

Ok, I’d probably have bought red & black cable but that’s just me. :p

Profile photo of

only taking the mickey, do it right

LOL of course!  :XD:

Great work :D One little thin I’d do to make life easier in the future is put a band of red or black heat shrink every few hundred mm’s on the battery cables. that way you don’t have to trace them back to figure out which is which from the middle. Ok, I’d probably have bought red & black cable but that’s just me. :p

Thanks!!

They’re short runs Chris easy enough to trace out if needed!

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.