This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Bays looking good..

Any plans to box in the pod to keep it cleaner and stop heat soak?

Or isnt that really an issue

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Bays looking good.. Any plans to box in the pod to keep it cleaner and stop heat soak? Or isnt that really an issue

Thanks, considering all that’s in there now I’m pretty happy with it!

I thought about a box or shields then reality kicked in, most of my events are 1 lap sprints so it’s not like it’s going to heatsoak anyway, re Clean I only run once a month and with the bigger filter it should get through a full day without becoming a restriction..

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Thought you would have been on top of it… Can wait to see this thing hit the track :)

Profile photo of

Thought you would have been on top of it… Can wait to see this thing hit the track :)

Me either… each “feature” I add delays it happening, have to draw the line somewhere and finish it so I can play! :XD:

This was meant to be a quick 3 month build and just bolt Holden Subframes under it and go….. 12 months later…

Profile photo of

Today End!

Updated my EFI Live hardware and software this morning then took the Laptop out to the Shed so I could figure out Holden’s Fan Logic (or lack of as it turns out)

Sorted all that and repined the new connector so the fans will work, then got stuck into a tidy up of my Windows/Mirrors loom.

Profile photo of

Today End!

Went into town to check mail and grab some milk, my Door lock knobs arrived, I’m not running door trims so the factory integrated knobs looked a bit bulky, didn’t want to leave a bare threaded shaft there so had a hunt around for old style push/pull knobs, only things I could find local were Ricer anodised horrible things, finally found a set in China, under $5 shipped!

Pulled the VR Dash apart to see if I can get the VZ Cluster and Switch gear to fit, looks like it’ll be fine, won’t be “perfect” but close enough!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Edging closer buddy….

Profile photo of

Edging closer buddy….

Yeah getting there, just resisting the Urge to plug it in and fire it up…

I have a bunch of detail work to do that I know if I don’t do it now it’ll never get done leaving it all a bit half assed.. :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I would, will give you motivation :good: , btw post up video of it or ban!!!

Profile photo of

I would, will give you motivation , btw post up video of it or ban!!!

Nah I’d just end up buttoning it up and going off to compete and nothing more would get done…

See what I can do re Vid once it’s up and running, still have to get a mate to come up and relink all the Modules and Dash.

Profile photo of

Today!

Just back from Town grocery shopping also picked up my 30mm Split tubing and some cable ties for the wiring, if I can get enthused after lunch I’ll go down and do a bit….

Profile photo of

Today End!

Did the split tubing in the engine bay, then I laid out the Main Body Harness inside and taped my Window sub loom to it and held it in place for now with some cable ties, I’ll mount up all the boxes then do it with split tubing and move onto the rear loom, got sick of doing that and decided to blow some paint over the Boot vents, just waiting for it to tack off then I’ll blow some Clear on it and that’ll do for the day!

Profile photo of
    Today p.s
    <span data-reactid=”.h.1.0.1.0.0.$editor0.0.0.$2d6ki.0:$2d6ki-0-0″ data-offset-key=”2d6ki-0-0″><span data-reactid=”.h.1.0.1.0.0.$editor0.0.0.$2d6ki.0:$2d6ki-0-0.0″>I have a Brand new set of taillights there for it they can go in now!</span></span>

Profile photo of Mistikal
    Mistikal
    Participant

If you’re going to keep the Lexcen look, you’ll need the vinyl overlay on the tail lights  :yes:  hahaha.

Profile photo of

If you’re going to keep the Lexcen look, you’ll need the vinyl overlay on the tail lights hahaha.

Not really sure what you mean, I just bought a cheap set of lights off eBay, figured they’d be better than the cracked old ones, it’s not like it’s ever going to see the road again…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looking great mate, he’s meaning it needs to look like this, can you just make out the awful black taped edges around the edges of lights?  Truly bloody ugly, but it was they looked like ;-)

Profile photo of

Ohh my… it’s NOT going to look like that!

————–

Today End!

Fitted the new taillights, then made a start on the rear loom, have removed a bunch of useless, more to come but I need to trace out what I need to keep from the other end first!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Let me know if I missed it but what did you use to cut the holes in the boot lid?  Looks very neat.

Profile photo of

Let me know if I missed it but what did you use to cut the holes in the boot lid? Looks very neat.

A Holesaw, I made a tool to countersink/flange them afterwards to add some stiffness into the panel. :XD:

You can buy a commercial one but there isn’t enough room behind the panel to use it.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

That’s it, I could see the chamfer, I thought for a minute you had use a punch and die but couldn’t work out how that would work.  Also makes it a little less sharp if you rub against it too.  Nice work, looks good :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.